• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm in the "no soft covers for the trigger area" crowd. That's my paranoia.
    Eliminate your paranoia.
    Take an empty pistol, put it in whatever soft cover thingy and I'll bet you cannot press the trigger enough with your own finger to shoot it.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    @AlBeight

This is just for demonstration purposes. I never 'tuck' with a t-shirt and my button downs are tuckless. There is ample space and flex in this Vedder Lighttuck for a dress shirt to be tucked in.

View attachment 416225 View attachment 416226

View attachment 416228
    Thanks, that helps, conceals pretty well with very minimal printing. I can’t for the life of me understand why retailers and manufacturers never show their “tuckable” labeled holsters actually being “tucked” as in your pics. It is like a dirty little secret or something. These pics and Art3’s description in post #43 make it seem so much more doable than what I previously thought possible.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks, that helps, conceals pretty well with very minimal printing. I can’t for the life of me understand why retailers and manufacturers never show their “tuckable” labeled holsters actually being “tucked” as in your pics. It is like a dirty little secret or something. These pics and Art3’s description in post #43 make it seem so much more doable than what I previously thought possible.
    To be honest, that was the first time I actually tried it. I would think a button down shirt with tails would be much easier to work with. Unless I am wearing a suit or partial suit(sans jacket), I don't tuck any shirt in.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    While many of these "tuckable" holsters are exactly that, they still show the clip over the belt which is a no go for me. Pocket carry with a micro compact is the best option I have come up with so far for when I need to wear a tucked in shirt.
    A horizontally carried cellphone can easily conceal a tucked holster clip without hindering your draw.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Eliminate your paranoia.
    Take an empty pistol, put it in whatever soft cover thingy and I'll bet you cannot press the trigger enough with your own finger to shoot it.
    *gulp* oohhh.....okay.

Perhaps I will give it a shot. That one is about the same price as a beer at most entertainment venues, so...not much to lose since it lasts longer.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    *gulp* oohhh.....okay.

Perhaps I will give it a shot. That one is about the same price as a beer at most entertainment venues, so...not much to lose since it lasts longer.
    Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be a poor choice of words... :D

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    ****Wow, that is remarkably inexpensive compared to some of the belly bands I use. Mine are from UnderTech and fit me really well, wick moisture and do a decent job with retention of my carry gun even if I am running like a frightened schoolgirl, dancing the Macarena, or driving/sitting, etc.. It has a retention strap that I rarely use, but is there in case I feel I need it - it is quite snug even without it.

View attachment 416018 View attachment 416019
    This is the way, thanks for the tip. I live in MOCO too…. :(

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    A horizontally carried cellphone can easily conceal a tucked holster clip without hindering your draw.
    If I was rich enough not to have to do anything with my life anymore, I'd work on things like that to disguise the little clips in plain sight...like a multi-tool holster, key ring or something innocuous attached to (and obscuring) the clip. It's too bad pagers went away...that would seem perfect.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I use this Versacarry every day. I hit the clip with some spray paint since I pretty much wear khaki pants.
    IMG_1358.jpeg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I think some has to do with your perceived situation/threat, etc. When I went to the shooting match today, where I knew I would be surrounded by like minded friends who I trust (who also had guns), I wasn't terribly worried about printing a little bit. I'm sure that, when I leaned into the rifle at the bench, a keen observer could see...something. Oh well :shrug: If I was going somewhere less friendly, I probably would have taken more precautions.

20230603_074655.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Great idea! Now I'm going to have to buy another freakin holster for different colors. :rolleye12
    You're probably kidding and we know I can be a bit dense at times, but for those slightly slower than I, most all holster manufacturers sell clips separately. You have multiples to go with any ensemble. Like picking out ties.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's definitely the 40 caliber of phone carry. lol
    I hear ya. Only person I know who carries their phone like that is my boss. Nuff said.

It was meant more as 'food for thought' anyhow. I think, if I saw Skidude carrying his cellie side-a-ways, I'd hafta bust some balls... :D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I hear ya. Only person I know who carries their phone like that is my boss. Nuff said.

It was meant more as 'food for thought' anyhow. I think, if I saw Skidude carrying his cellie side-a-ways, I'd hafta bust some balls... :D
    Well, if that was the case, you couldn't, because his wife would have them locked up. lol

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    You're probably kidding and we know I can be a bit dense at times, but for those slightly slower than I, most all holster manufacturers sell clips separately. You have multiples to go with any ensemble. Like picking out ties.
    Even when I'm kidding, if it is about buying more gun stuff...I'm partially not ;) . I wouldn't want to have to mount and dismount a clip every time I wanted to change color.

Actually...I'm already somewhat equipped for a solution (which is a bummer...when looking for an excuse to buy more stuff). I could paint the 365XL holster clip khaki and leave the regular 365 holster clip black and match the gun to my belt. BUT...what happens if I really really want to carry the XL with a black belt? I guess I DO need another 365XL and holster after all :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom