• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    It occurred to me the other day that I don't have any idea how I would successfully carry my G19, or my Taurus G2C with a button up shirt tucked into my pants. My dress pants follow a more conventional standard, they are not loose fitting. I would call it regular, since my jeans I wear are technically "relaxed" fit.

I'm 6'2" 195lbs. I carry IWB at 3 or 330 depending on the pants.

Thanks in advance for any quality ideas I know you guys all have.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Many holsters (iwb) allow for tucking in a shirt between the gun/holster and the belt clip. Most of my kydex holsters are capable. I choose to add 1" to my waist size when order any pair of pants, dress or otherwise to give me that little bit of extra room in the waist so I'm not crammed in there while carrying. I also typically remove the front clip and only use 1 in the rear of the holster as some of the front clips do not allow for tucking a shirt in.

This is a Bravo Concealment that allows for tucking in a shirt, dress or otherwise....

IMG_8203.jpg
    IMG_8204.jpg

Carroll

Jul 19, 2022
    Pasadena, MD
    When I wear my shirt tucked in I am normally in casual business attire, meaning I have a sport coat on. The coat allows me to conceal both the gun and the suspenders I wear to help hold up the belt. With the suspenders I don't have to cinch the belt so tight to hold up my pants when carrying and it is much more comfortable. Otherwise the shirt is untucked without the coat. The suspenders are over my undershirt and under the un-tucked buttoned shirt. In the winter time I wear a vest over the tucked shirt if I don't have the sportcoat.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Here are some possibilities.
    #1) Carry a G43 in the pant pocket ( I'm not a fan of that).

#2) Sometimes when I go out to dinner with my small Springfield EMP (Ronin) 9mm OWB I'll wear an open vest with a tucked dress shirt. My vest is black.

Vest.PNG

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    When I read dress pants, all I see is that your belt sucks and you need a decent one. Not sure how "dressy" your dress pants are.
    Galco makes a nice contour belt. It's curved so that the rear of the belt doesn't get compressed/warped by the rear curve/belt loops. Also, you need something a little thicker than a typical wal mart pleather belt, so the holster clip can have a good purchase on the belt. If you want a traditional holed belt.

Aside from that, the dress belt version from Nexbelt or Kore will fit the bill just fine.
    https://www.nexbelt.com/

Contour_Belts_Havana_1500x1500_b.jpg

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    An Allen Belly Band worn high over an undershirt. T in winter, A in summer.

If you have a little tummy, it will stay up there all day. :innocent0

1. I can use the public crapper without taking it off.

2. Conceals under long/short sleeve button down, jacket NOT required.

3. Comfort. I can walk, drive, sit, it’s always in the same place.

4. Really hard to shoot your dick off.

Or a real 5.11 holster undershirt. ;)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Or just addressing his tucking a G19 in his dress pants.
    Carrying a pistol when you can't get to it is a moot point. Carrying isn't a contest to see who can be the most comfortable.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Vedder Holster-light tuck I wear appendix and it comes with a tuckable clip. It can be worn at your preference.

I use it for fancy dinner dates and for work if I need to tuck my shirt in. The claw only comes in black and its metal so my preference is to wear a black belt with it to make the claw less noticeable. I wear fitted clothes and dont have a problem.

Most if not all vedder's stuff comes with tuckable metal clips. I carry a g32

Last edited:

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I have a tuckable or two, but one is for a J frame, the other is for a P365. You may just be looking at a full up, valid excuse for a slimmer carry gun. In 9mm, a 43x, a 43 or a P365 or Hellcat (or a Kahr PM9) might make a "sizable" difference. Plus, you now NEED a new carry gun!

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Vedder Holster-light tuck I wear appendix and it comes with a tuckable claw. It can be worn at your preference.

I use it for fancy dinner dates and for work if I need to tuck my shirt in. The claw only comes in black and its metal so my preference is to wear a black belt with it to make the claw less noticeable. I wear fitted clothes and dont have a problem.

Most if not all vedder's stuff comes with tuckable metal claws. I carry a g32
    Huh? The ‘Claws’ on my (4) Lite Tuck holsters are all black plastic and go inside the pants and are not visible from outside..

llsJJ7.jpg

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Tuckable holster works for me. I like this one; the clip isn't stacked on top of the pistol, so it's not such a big lump. If you do wear a shirt tucked into it, the draw will perforce be slow, but you can wear it without tucking for easier access if the situation permits. Mine has a reinforcing band of leather at the holster mouth, but it's not necessary, really.

Larsen holster.jpg

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD

You are doing it wrong just go gangster. :D

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Crossbreed super tuck works great. Dress pants and polo and shield disappears. They also make Velcro clips for behind your belt so people don’t even see the clips.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom