• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Wow, I already heard back from Bud Otis. I'm guessing he and Delauter don't get along.

Dear Mr. ......,

I respect the Second Ammendment and think it should be respected! Asking to have this issue brought before the County Delegation by the Council was not asked for in good faith! In my opinion and that of others it was an attempt to embarrass me. Councilman DeLaugher failed to discuss his idea with me or others on the Council so it was a failure of the Member to preform his due diligence to work his bill so as to have support before he put it on the the agenda.

I would be happy to meet with you at the Main Cup to discuss this and other issues. I spend four years working in Russia where no one but the government had guns. Yes, I understand this issue I just want to move carefully to make sure we have the votes before we just use it to create false hopes. The Second Ammendment is serious and I will vote to protect your rights and mine, make no mistake about it!

Thanks for your email. Look forward to continuing this discussion. Legislation is serious business and needs to be treated as such!

Good job

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Nice to learn about his immediate response. In fact, next week, he is meeting with a bunch of pro-2A folks, which is why I was surprised to hear about his lack of shall issue support. To be fair, without getting into details, there are one or two idiots at the local level on the R side so I wouldn't be surprised if this was misplayed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Why is this secret?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    You may be missing my point...

By all means, make all our representatives aware of our positions--on many issues. It's maybe the one most important thing we can do (make them know your name, make them know your face, make them fear your vote).

But, in this case, the County Council is not IMO the proper venue for something like this, as state law is the authority on the matter.

Don't discount the small-ball. Zoning, noise, BS Resolutions, NIMBY's, etc. We leave a lot on the table if we only play the Annapolis in February game.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Wow, I already heard back from Bud Otis.

Dear Mr. ......,

I respect the Second Amendment and think it should be respected! Asking to have this issue brought before the County Delegation by the Council was not asked for in good faith! In my opinion and that of others it was an attempt to embarrass me. Councilman DeLaugher failed to discuss his idea with me or others on the Council so it was a failure of the Member to preform his due diligence to work his bill so as to have support before he put it on the the agenda.

I would be happy to meet with you at the Main Cup to discuss this and other issues. I spend four years working in Russia where no one but the government had guns. Yes, I understand this issue I just want to move carefully to make sure we have the votes before we just use it to create false hopes. The Second Ammendment is serious and I will vote to protect your rights and mine, make no mistake about it!

Thanks for your email. Look forward to continuing this discussion. Legislation is serious business and needs to be treated as such!

That was a non-statement on 2A if I ever heard one. Very much like The HildeBeast's embrace of 2A ... and 1A for that matter.

AFA his 4 year stay in gun-free Russia, that has no bearing whatsoever. His vote killed the measure, because he was more concerned about perception of the measure and his lack of involvement than the actual reason for it.

Vote wisely the next time Mr. Otis, because we're just an election away from ending up like Russia, and you CYA vote this time around caused us to slip down the slope to tyranny just a little bit more.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    You may be right but I respect the fact this guy has a career to look after too. I think politics is a sham but push hard on one issue could bite him later on another. He does have to legislate on many different issues which require lots of negotiation. I hate it.

For everyone who reads this; In a matter of an hour I got the ear of the president of the Frederick County Council. Yes, nothing came of it but it is a start. The lack of shall issue in this state pisses me off and I vow to do something about it.

We want something to happen then everyone needs to start shoveling coal to get the train moving.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Exactly ...

Don't discount the small-ball. Zoning, noise, BS Resolutions, NIMBY's, etc. We leave a lot on the table if we only play the Annapolis in February game.

Pass a local resolution and let the state knock it down for preemption. We still get the headlines.

Like Rack says ... "Conflict sells"

I bet if Fredrick had passed it, there would be other more freedom loving jurisdictions than Fredrick to follow, leading to BIGGER conflicts for the state to preempt. If enough did that, we just might become shall issue the next MDGA session. But today we allowed some weak-kneed politician to hide behind parliamentary procedures to deny our rights.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We will all benefit if there is a popular and well-used Drop Box right here on MDS--one of the greatest digital networks in MD.

As someone already immersed in an independent partisan movement, I am not the person to start a "MSI Issues Drop Box", which must focus on non-partisan concerns. But there are plenty of others here who can.

The MSI Drop Box needs a focused caretaker--and not necessarily someone who dashes out the door for testimony or sidewalk action. It just needs a determined person who will energize the thread to encourage everyone to look and listen in every corner of Maryland. It could happen by posting political controversies. Or it could be as simple as BUMPING the thread to ask if anyone has picked up signals that the Anti's are up to no good.

The more the Drop Box appears, the more likely it is that folks on MDS can get in the habit of using it as a Watch Tower for Freedom.

Who's interested? It just takes a committed MSI member as a thread starter-- someone who wants to take the helm of such a project and run with it.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    We will all benefit if there is a popular and well-used Drop Box right here on MDS--one of the greatest digital networks in MD.

As someone already immersed in an independent partisan movement, I am not the person to start a "MSI Issues Drop Box", which must focus on non-partisan concerns. But there are plenty of others here who can.

The MSI Drop Box needs a focused caretaker--and not necessarily someone who dashes out the door for testimony or sidewalk action. It just needs a determined person who will energize the thread to encourage everyone to look and listen in every corner of Maryland. It could happen by posting political controversies. Or it could be as simple as BUMPING the thread to ask if anyone has picked up signals that the Anti's are up to no good.

The more the Drop Box appears, the more likely it is that folks on MDS can get in the habit of using it as a Watch Tower for Freedom.

Who's interested? It just takes a committed MSI member as a thread starter-- someone who wants to take the helm of such a project and run with it.

PM me with more details. I'm not quite sure I follow.

I don't want to do anything the MSI execs do not approve in their name. I know they are focused on the HQL and building support for the long game. I get that.

If I need to start my own site and movement I will but MSI clearly has a handle on this more than I.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Contact any of the MSI Board of Directors or Officers and ask what they are looking for in this sort of Volunteer Editor. Any action that broadens MSI's footprint here has to be good for all of us.

There are many batons to pick up and run with, and MSI, I'm sure , will be very encouraged to hear that you want to help MSI move to the next digital level.

A note to Gambler and mxrider would be a start.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Secret squirrels and all. More seriously, others organized, limited space, I'm a guest, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I understand. In general, I'm of the opinion that support for the 2A needs to be visible. When people lift their heads up and look around, they want to see that others share their views. There are plenty of folks in MD that are either on the fence or even pro with respect to their views, but are afraid to show support because they don't see others doing so - and that probably includes elected officials. We need to get this stuff out of the closet and into the mainstream. You pack a city council meeting and that vote changes from 4-3 to 3-4. These council folks don't have Mike and Frosh flying cover.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We heard consistently that The Patriot Picket was a huge morale booster in the Annapolis GA hallways for the elected officials of our side. This energy can be taken to councils statewide.

It just takes leadership from folks who enjoy shepherding these activities.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    This is what happens when Libtards move from their anti-gun zip codes and take over the political machinery of freedom-loving parts of Maryland.

Just like in VA and CO, the Libtards expand outward and infect the political process in their new counties with their nonsense.

Precisely. That's why most libtards don't oppose uncontrolled immigration. Same concept just different change agents. Frederick County should have built a wall :innocent0

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A County Council including one more line in a resolution to ask MGA delegation to consider somthing would have been a very small, indirect gain. Not having their ducks in a row for what could have been easy, creates greater setback than what passing could have gained.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I now see where this was a resolution to send the issue to the MGA delegation... more 'proper' than I originally thought (though I still disagree whether they should have done it at all)...

But I still say that even little losses will be potentially damaging.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016

I know what Dropbox is but no one seems to know what you are referencing it's use for. I guess another comm tool?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I know what Dropbox is but no one seems to know what you are referencing it's use for. I guess another comm tool?

Instead of numerous people starting threads about threats or challenges to 2A from various Maryland Libtard politicians, I propose that there be ONE thread where MDS members drop these alerts or accounts.

That way, MSI leadership can keep tabs, while all the rest of us can keep up in sort of a logbook fashion.

Of course, folks could still start regular rant threads, but if the OP or a reader could also drop a copy into the MSI Drop Box thread then we cover all the bases. Without a central place for this news, the key players in MSI could miss it because none of us can read all of the rant threads.

Once alerted, MSI can decide to call an action if warranted.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Maryland and Missouri when it comes to examples of population and permits.

Can anyone remind me if Missouri has more gun crimes than Maryland? without looking I'm thinking Maryland wins by a long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom