• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    MSI was unaware this was occurring. Nobody from the council contacted us and nobody from the public did either. It's not like we are difficult to get in touch with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea, about that...

If the public has no idea and employees have no idea, how is MSI supposed to get the word?

If you want to be put on the notification list, drop an email or call Winchester Hall and ask for the Public Information Officer.

Since I know you have a lot on your plate, I found it for you. No need to look for it, click on the link and take it from there.

https://www.frederickcountymd.gov/directory.aspx?eid=946

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This is what happens when Libtards move from their anti-gun zip codes and take over the political machinery of freedom-loving parts of Maryland.

Just like in VA and CO, the Libtards expand outward and infect the political process in their new counties with their nonsense.

And they want to study widening the I-270 corridor to allow more of the liberals in to wreck the once bucolic countryside of Frederick.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Where is the NRA in things like this? Do they only deal with congress and not anywhere at the local level?

I'm still stewing about this. I don't know how you find out when the council is meeting and what the agendas are for the meeting.

Bud Otis is a republican too and he could have tipped it 4-3. He says he is republican but seems to be voting dem in every issue.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That's what I'm talking about . There must be Frederick members. Have one of them chat with Delauter and form a relationship. Repeat in 10 other towns and counties.

Good idea, but realistically I doubt that the council members would even allow that, unless the organization/citizens are going to kiss their asses or put money in their pocket for reelection.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    And they want to study widening the I-270 corridor to allow more of the liberals in to wreck the once bucolic countryside of Frederick.

You have to know that issues like I-270 are huge voter turn out issues. I-270 is a disaster and any politician willing to do something about it or just talk about it is going to get re-elected.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    From the Frederick News Post:

Good on the Frederick County Council for rejecting a bill this week that would have sharply scaled back the discretion now given to the Maryland State Police to decide who should get a permit to carry a concealed firearm in the state.

I assume that we in the gun community will 'bombard' the Frederick News Post with comments.

Council Republicans firing blanks on concealed carry

Since we need to 'register' to comment, I'm hoping for safety in numbers. But considering how many dickweed liberals are already spouting off, FredNeck is lost ... ammo up. :innocent0

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I assume that we in the gun community will 'bombard' the Frederick News Post with comments.

Council Republicans firing blanks on concealed carry

Since we need to 'register' to comment, I'm hoping for safety in numbers. But considering how many dickweed liberals are already spouting off, FredNeck is lost ... ammo up. :innocent0

The county council is 4-3 republicans. Jackweed Bud Otis was dissenting from most conservatives in the vote.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The county council is 4-3 republicans. Jackweed Bud Otis was dissenting from most conservatives in the vote.

It would still, AFAIK, have been a purely symbolic gesture.

This proposal, IMO, did more harm than good. Even if to minimal effect, antis will point to the loss.

It seems like whomever put it in the hopper may not fully understand the big picture.

I could be wrong, but the last thing we need is for county councils to address something better handled by a coalition of county delegations in Analpolis.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I disagree. As stated by many in the past, if everyone on here got involved and simply voiced their opinions to their elected leaders things would happen. I just sent an email to Bud Otis expressing my displeasure. If every pro 2A person in Frederick spent 2 freaking seconds to voice themselves then Otis would have a few thousand emails sitting in his box come Monday morning.

Everytime this issue comes up I don't know if I'm more pissed off at Maryland or the residents of it who proclaim to want constitutional rights. I go to the range each week and the same conversations are happening there. Complaints in the shop about Maryland and the constraints. I want to strangle them and tell them to get off their lazy asses and do something about it.

I'm 44 and my age bracket complains how millennials are lazy and how they expect everything handed to them. Well, I don't see much a difference across the age brackets.

Ugh....time to turn off the pc

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    You have to know that issues like I-270 are huge voter turn out issues. I-270 is a disaster and any politician willing to do something about it or just talk about it is going to get re-elected.

Realize ??? I've heard enough traffic reports to avoid it like the plague. That's how I know about the study. It was being discussed on Mornings on the Mall this AM.

Starting at 7:20 -
    Mornings on the Mall 09.23.16 / 7 AM HOUR

AFA getting them elected, they always want to use OPM ... If MoCo and MoCo-by-proxy wants it, let them pay for it ... just like the Purple Line.

Urban sprawl has given way to liberal/progressive sprawl and maybe that's a good way to stop it. Add over-crowded highways to my Californication song :mad54:

Mr H

Banana'd
    I disagree. As stated by many in the past, if everyone on here got involved and simply voiced their opinions to their elected leaders things would happen. I just sent an email to Bud Otis expressing my displeasure. If every pro 2A person in Frederick spent 2 freaking seconds to voice themselves then Otis would have a few thousand emails sitting in his box come Monday morning.

Everytime this issue comes up I don't know if I'm more pissed off at Maryland or the residents of it who proclaim to want constitutional rights.

You may be missing my point...

By all means, make all our representatives aware of our positions--on many issues. It's maybe the one most important thing we can do (make them know your name, make them know your face, make them fear your vote).

But, in this case, the County Council is not IMO the proper venue for something like this, as state law is the authority on the matter.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Did he ghostwrite the FPN article ? That kind of yellow journalism beiongs in the B'More Sun or WaPo.

Everytime this issue comes up I don't know if I'm more pissed off at Maryland or the residents of it who proclaim to want constitutional rights.

When they do it in secret, what do you expect. And, judging by the dickweeds commenting on FPN, he's just representing to his 'constituents'.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    No kidding. I'll be at an event with him present next Tuesday night and will bring this up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thank you..... I just sent him an email. I work late that night otherwise I'd join you. I'm going to make it a point to make my voice heard to these guys regularly from now on.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Wow, I already heard back from Bud Otis. I'm guessing he and Delauter don't get along.

Dear Mr. ......,

I respect the Second Ammendment and think it should be respected! Asking to have this issue brought before the County Delegation by the Council was not asked for in good faith! In my opinion and that of others it was an attempt to embarrass me. Councilman DeLaugher failed to discuss his idea with me or others on the Council so it was a failure of the Member to preform his due diligence to work his bill so as to have support before he put it on the the agenda.

I would be happy to meet with you at the Main Cup to discuss this and other issues. I spend four years working in Russia where no one but the government had guns. Yes, I understand this issue I just want to move carefully to make sure we have the votes before we just use it to create false hopes. The Second Ammendment is serious and I will vote to protect your rights and mine, make no mistake about it!

Thanks for your email. Look forward to continuing this discussion. Legislation is serious business and needs to be treated as such!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nice to learn about his immediate response. In fact, next week, he is meeting with a bunch of pro-2A folks, which is why I was surprised to hear about his lack of shall issue support. To be fair, without getting into details, there are one or two idiots at the local level on the R side so I wouldn't be surprised if this was misplayed.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Nice to learn about his immediate response. In fact, next week, he is meeting with a bunch of pro-2A folks, which I was surprised to hear about his lack of shall issue support. To be fair, without getting into details, there are idiots at the local level on the R side so I wouldn't be surprised if this was misplayed.

Is this organized or casual? Invite only?

I sent him a thank you for a personal response and told him I was impressed at him being forthcoming with how the legislative process works and caring enough to email me back.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Is this organized or casual? Invite only?

I sent him a thank you for a personal response and told him I was impressed at him being forthcoming with how the legislative process works and caring enough to email me back.
    Check your PMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom