• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Like Hopewell/Oakland Mills or farther North like between 108 and 175
    Long reach/phelps luck

Was interesting leaving the grocery store and seeing the cops with a few bucks cuffed over their cars stacking up baggies as mom drove past the bentana apartments.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    That place got real bad after Long Reach HS was built. Took most of the worst elements from Howard High and Oakland Mills High and put them all in one place.
    Was there before LRHS and after they built it. I was young but I remember the ball fields before they built the school. I also remember the county putting a "substation" in the LR shopping center to stop the dog fighting, open air drug market, and generally unsavoury shit that went down behind the grocery store there. There were a lot of assaults and a few rapes in the immediate vicinity of that shopping center in a very short period.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Sounds like boat loads of 'isolated' incidents.
    Yep, pretty much. Victims were all isolated from any help and beaten/kicked severely, raped, or both.

The hoco popo "substation" idea got repeated around other columbia "village centers" as they followed the same trend.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Was there before LRHS and after they built it. I was young but I remember the ball fields before they built the school. I also remember the county putting a "substation" in the LR shopping center to stop the dog fighting, open air drug market, and generally unsavoury shit that went down behind the grocery store there. There were a lot of assaults and a few rapes in the immediate vicinity of that shopping center in a very short period.
    That area being one of the older areas of Columbia a lot of section 8 there in the mid to late 90s

owldo

Ultimate Member
    The hoco popo "substation" idea got repeated around other columbia "village centers" as they followed the same trend.
    Yeah ... and how's that working out ?
    Yep, pretty much. Victims were all isolated from any help and beaten/kicked severely, raped, or both.
    Don't police do undercover operations anymore ... couple of undercover female officers walking the trail or having lunch in the park, and a couple male cops hiding in the bushes ?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Yeah ... and how's that working out ?

Don't police do undercover operations anymore ... couple of undercover female officers walking the trail or having lunch in the park, and a couple male cops hiding in the bushes ?
    No idea how it works now but at the time it was partially successful. The in-the-open daylight dogfights stopped but the drug trafficking didn't.

As for ops that bait violent criminals with humans, that's not exactly a common thing. It's a great way to lose people. Vice ops with young female patrol cops playing hooker are a seriously different thing. PSA: if the hooker in a shitty area has all her teeth and no track marks, probably a cop.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Police say this incident was isolated even though another person was raped in the same park a week earlier. Now we find out the rapist is an illegal alien.
    Hide your wife and kids.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Qualified immunity should go the way of the Dodo. Those in office who openly support illegals should be convicted of aiding an abetting or whatever the term is.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    My house backs to Northwest Branch. Used to be back there daily but now just a few times a week. In my 20 years I have  Never seen a police officer. Not once, and I walk the entire length from 29, to brookside gardens to bel pre.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012

Imagine if one these women had been armed. We'd have had 1 fewer sexual assault. On the other hand, a woman who actually defended herself would likely be under arrest.

But hey, not to worry - the police patrol the parks regularly - just not when this woman was assaulted...

Only after spending $200-500+ for classses, 16 hours of classroom, able to pass a shooting qualification with a 380 or 9mm caliber +, 50+ dollars for fingerprinting, $75 dollars for fees. Assuming she even has a gun or shot a gun before. If not she would have to spend money to get an hql or know someone who has a gun.

But going to guess even if she follows all that, it would most likely be the 2a loving private instructor who might or might not fail her because she could shoot a 9mm from 15 yards.

Just saying. It’s a real pain in Maryland and chances for someone living paycheck to paycheck to spend hundreds of dollars to carry is probably not very attractive to them. Not that this lady doesn’t have money or make a good living.

I know if my mom wanted to take a ccw class, no way she would be able to take a 16 hour course in English to pass the test. 2nd amendment in Maryland only applies to English speaking citizens. Rant over.

Now what happened to her is terrible. Back in my college days, had couple friends who lived at white oak towers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom