• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    So by that ruling how can the state require us to register something that was legal and now make a punishmentafter the fact,sounds like post defacto to me.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Moving to Virginia would be one of the only options for me if the domestic enemies of our constitution get their way here in Maryland, they actually believe in the constitution in Virginia and have even protected private gun sales.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    But gun control is for the children's safety

So it looks like Marylanders will be legally be pot smoking, child molesting, criminals that use the jails as a boarding house while they are schooled in elevated forums of illegal behavior.

While us law abiding, tax paying citizens are made to pay more taxes and have so many laws on the books that if someone really tried hard could find a saint in violation.

Annapolis, I have adopted a five year plan. In five years I will be paying state taxes to a state that does not rape their citizens.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The motivation behind enabling sex offenders is the same as for making gun owners into criminals via bad legislation:

It generates revenue for lawyers like Brian Frosh.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Md. high court throws out sex offender’s registration requirements

Pretty sad when Sex Offenders don't have to register themselves, but Gun owners will likely be required to do so. Hopefully the courts will protect us too.

The article doesn't say sex offenders don't have to register themselves. It says in the case where the offense occurred before 2009 offenders can't be required to register. The issue here wasn't the constitutionality of a registry, it was the timing of his offense--not retroactively applying a punishment.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    The article doesn't say sex offenders don't have to register themselves. It says in the case where the offense occurred before 2009 offenders can't be required to register. The issue here wasn't the constitutionality of a registry, it was the timing of his offense--not retroactively applying a punishment.

It's still BS. This society wants to protect everyone 'cept the good peeps.

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009

How about the guy that has been in the news because he can not buy a gun because he was convicted of a misdemeanor 40 years ago, then served in Vietnam, and has not been in trouble since. I think this ruling would help him.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville

Yes, but current gun owners will be required to register their guns purchased before the law was enacted. We are still being treated in lower regard than these sex offenders.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    So by that ruling how can the state require us to register something that was legal and now make a punishmentafter the fact,sounds like post defacto to me.

I wish people would get off this. Registries and bans that aren't retroactive aren't ex post facto, otherwise no laws would be legal at all. There's enough wrong with the bills that we don't have to make up stuff.

EX POST FACTO - The thing you did yesterday is illegal so we're going to arrest you for doing it yesterday.
    NOT EX POST FACTO - The thing you did yesterday is now illegal, so if you do it again we'll arrest you then for doing it.

Note that possession is not a single action but a continuous one.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I wish people would get off this. Registries and bans that aren't retroactive aren't ex post facto, otherwise no laws would be legal at all. There's enough wrong with the bills that we don't have to make up stuff.

EX POST FACTO - The thing you did yesterday is illegal so we're going to arrest you for doing it yesterday.
    NOT EX POST FACTO - The thing you did yesterday is now illegal, so if you do it again we'll arrest you then for doing it.

Note that possession is not a single action but a continuous one.

So you could be charged multiple times for possession of an illegal item since isn't a single action?

Also, they didn't make raping children retroactively illegal, the law was those that were already convicted had to register.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom