• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is why escaping MD will now help in the long term. You must get active and fight to keep your rights.

EXACTLY RIGHT!

Don't bother with the FL Agriculture Commissioner election, they said. Concentrate on the Governor and Congressional races, they said. The Agriculture Commissioner-elect is rabidly anti-2A and controls CC licensing. And wants to "revamp the process." Didn't take them long at all... :sad20:

clint west

Aug 29, 2015
    maryland
    florida proposed changes

apparently the Stop The Killing Committee proposes:
    "The people of Florida declare that a well-regulated militia is necessary for the security of the State and further designate the National Guard of the State of Florida and organized police forces as its militia. The Militia, while on active duty, while training or in their training facilities shall possess all types of weaponry and arms required to defend the State."

Thats great. They will declare FL Nat. Guard to be the state's national guard
    All the while missing the point of the definition of militia

A militia exists in our culture or society. Not the state. The state has its own state forces which cannot be everywhere at all times. That is why america is designed to foster a militia in its society.

Example. Ellicott City floods a few years ago - a group of men being present at the time, suddenly realized people needed help. They banded together and got people to safety. That type of thinking in our culture is what a militia is.

The opposite of a militia is " I dunno, wait for the government to show up. Not my problem"

The entire point of a militia is to have responsible non-government people throughout society who will step up immediately to aid others.

The State of Florida can have its own militia call it national guard to protect the state, but the citizenry of florida will likely continue to have their own militia to protect the citizens.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The entire point of a militia is to have responsible non-government people throughout society who will step up immediately to aid others.

Which is just fine! But that's NOT what the 2A is about. The 2A is saying that even though an official standing military (militia) seems necessary to protect the freedom of the nation ... the government can't use the existence of that professionally run (well regulated) militia to deny individual citizens the right to keep and bear their own personal arms. The 2A isn't about being in a (or the) militia in any form, so there's no need to split hairs and argue semantics about what is or isn't the militia and who is or isn't in it. Because the 2A says that no matter HOW the government or anyone else defines a militia, you get your personal right to defend yourself with your own arms regardless.

Don't fall for the gun-grabbers' trap of trying to make you justify your gun ownership because you're someone who would step up in a crisis. The founders protected your self defense right no matter how little or much of a militia is formed, no matter at which level or society or government is it organized. Because it's your individual right to keep and bear arms they made sure would be preserved.

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    NY is apparently going to start demanding up to 3 years of social media history, as well as info on websites purchasers have visited when they want to purchase.

Not to start a hornets nest, but the "militia" is not the military. They are two different entities and the U.S. Supreme Court even ruled in the past that the militia is the people.

The left knows what they're doing. They stack a bunch of anti-gun laws in the hope that one gets through. Then they'll start all over again. We know they won't be happy till we're all disarmed. Until the GOP gets off its collective ass and starts actually representing the ideals the GOP was founded on, they're just about all but worthless.

The left knows if they nudge us enough, one-by-one someone will reach their limit and "go kinetic". When that happens, they'll use that one person to smear us all. Its not easy to deal with and I don't pretend to have all the answers. We're not the population we were in 1776 in terms of size and appreciation for what we were fighting for.

We risk less and stand to win more by getting politically involved. We have to start taking pages from the left and using that against them. Start saturating local boards and commissions w/ candidates. Looking at the way many Republicans end up voting after being elected, I can't help but wonder if they were really a moderate Democrat at best. Or a flat-out "plant" by the Democrat party at worst.

So flip the table. If running as a "R" won't get someone elected, then run as a Democrat. Adopt their idiotic policies and platforms. Then when elected, gradually implement conservative policies.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    "a person whose mental condition has been affirmed as temporarily or permanently psychologically disturbed"

They forgot to add to the text of the draft statute that the desire to keep and bear arms outside of government service is de facto proof of being permanently psychologically disturbed.

Or will that change come later?

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    Just effing move out! Virginia is much friendlier...even Delaware is better than "The FREE State"

Actually, taking into account Virginia's elections of late, they're going purple and increasingly heading towards blue. Unless things change it won't be long before they go the way of MD.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT I WILL NO LONGER COMPLY WITH ANY SO CALLED GUN LAWS. THE US CONSTITUTION IS VERY CLEAR, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, I TOOK AN OATH AS A US MARINE AND MARYLAND POLICE OFFICER TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION, THAT IS WHAT I INTEND TO DO. EVEN IF IT MEANS MY LIFE. SEMPER FI.

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    ... I TOOK AN OATH AS A US MARINE AND MARYLAND POLICE OFFICER TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION,.... SEMPER FI.

And this is why I won't entertain the idea of an armed revolt. As soon as someone wanting to do so touches a round off, who is showing up to deal with it? Local L.E., many of whom are veterans. And I'm sure many of them feel the same way as TangoSierra27. I'm not playing into the lefts hands by going muzzle-to-muzzle w/ local law enforcement.

Leftist low-I.Q. politicians aren't showing up to fight for their Orwellian society because they don't have the "onions." And local L.E. has to deal with the messes the lefts social/ economic policies create daily. I for one am not going to add to their workload. The Thin Blue Line has enough to deal with. Seeing as I have retired L.E. in my family, I'll stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them.

As the leftist politicians, I'm polishing my hammers though I don't know why as I'm sure some of them enjoy taking them to the backside... dry!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT I WILL NO LONGER COMPLY WITH ANY SO CALLED GUN LAWS. THE US CONSTITUTION IS VERY CLEAR, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, I TOOK AN OATH AS A US MARINE AND MARYLAND POLICE OFFICER TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION, THAT IS WHAT I INTEND TO DO. EVEN IF IT MEANS MY LIFE. SEMPER FI.

Why must some people use all caps in posts?

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    I mean, the whole point of “militia” is that they are not government affiliated/controlled.

The militia as it existed when the 2A was written was any dude in town with a gun.

At most they answered to the local JP, whose authority was basically a combination of notary public, tax collector, small claims judge. They weren’t cops or politicians or able to be ordered around by the gov. Sure the state (not federal) gov could call them up for a cause, but whether or not they’d show up is a different matter.

The nationalized Nat Guard isn’t a militia under any guise. They’re basically army elements on loan to the states so the states don’t field their own armies any more. Not insulting the Guard, just saying a local militia they are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Here at home, the angle from this newly elected MD delegate to strip 2A from us...is “toxic masculinity”

It’s also time we change the narrative on mass shooting gun violence from mental illness to toxic masculinity. I know that I will be unpopular but the numbers don’t lie, yet the numbers are inaccurate. White men represent more than half of the perpetrators of mass shootings, but we don’t have consistent numbers to study because we don’t even have a universal language to define mass shootings.

I want to establish a commission to study gun violence so we have universally recognized language and can draft evidence-based policy, and to include law enforcement, community leaders, and firearms experts and trainers and address the root causes of toxic masculinity.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/opinion/columns/ac-ce-column-bagnall-20181125-story.html

Attachments

• 75B57915-4546-4838-A60E-27AE9CC293EB.jpg
      75B57915-4546-4838-A60E-27AE9CC293EB.jpg
      67.6 KB · Views: 181

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If Toxic Masculinity is so toxic, how is it that American women outlive American men by 7-8 years on average.

Time to throw ”Toxic Feminist” into the conversation mix, don’t you agree Heather?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If Toxic Masculinity is so toxic, how is it that American women outlive American men by 7-8 years on average.

Well if we men weren't so toxic, they'd outlive us by 12-16 years, easy.

I wonder why she isn't willing to consider CRIME BY HABITUAL CRIMINALS to be the health problem? When the same bunch that shoot each other happen to stab each other to death, that's NOT a health issue? It's only a health issue when they use one tool, and not the other? Where are the journalists asking obvious, reason-based questions when people spout this sort of thing?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It must be a terrible feeling to arrest someone for exercising a right given to them by the constitution.

Not to pick nits, but those of us in this fight HAVE to get it right when we talk about such things. The constitution didn't GIVE us the right to self defense. The founders considered it a natural right, and knew perfectly well that people in power would (just as the British had done) use the excuse of the existence of government forces (the military, police, a militia - doesn't matter) as a reason to take away individual's means of self defense. So, the 2A is there to prevent the government from taking away a basic right that already exists.

When you fall into the trap of saying that rights come from the government, you're giving the nanny state types the leverage to say that what they give they can take away. That's not what the Bill of Rights does. It doesn't give you anything - it prevents the government from infringing on your natural rights.

Well, that's the theory, anyway. And it needs defending. How we talk about it here, in debates, on social media - it matters that we get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom