• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    FL's Constitutional amendment process might require more than a simple vote by its citizens. I believe it's a dead petition.

Once on the ballot (due to reaching the correct number of valid current signatures), Florida's ballot initiative amendment process requires 60% to pass. That is the only hurdle for it to be incorporated into the state's constitution based on my reading. (IANAL) But, the legislature may also undo with similar barrier in its amendment process. Either way, it is likely dead on arrival.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    When lawmakers blatantly violate the 2a, I don't see a ton of reason why people should continue following the laws they make. The more they infringe on our inalienable 2a rights, the more people will just say "I've tried to work with these people and be law abiding, but f-it. If they won't work with us, I'll just carry whatever gun I want wherever I want anyway".

Bolt actions banned as “sniper rifles”. A Ruger 10-22 or a Marlin 60 having a magazine capacity in excess of 7 rounds now banned as “military”....

You know what? Many become increasingly weary of trying to analyze and argue against the never ending rounds of gun grabber drivel.

I likewise think that some form of more draconian legislation, with correspondingly increasing noncompliance, is where we’re heading. Think New York and Connecticut. The more outrageous these proposals become, the more likely the outcome will be to simply communicate the message to go ahead and legislate whatever you will. And we’ll decide what is and what isn’t legitimate, and will base our actions accordingly.

Your move.....

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Do I remember similar sentiments when the 10 rnd limit suggestions came out?
    Don’t tell me ... .gov and .leo are exempt? No offense meant.

Off to the range ... better get some practice in on the ol’ wheel guns. They may soon want all mags, please tell me I’m wrong.

How’s the meme go?

If I have 36 standard capacity magazines and a law gets passed demanding that I turn in 21 of them, how many do I have left?

That’s right, 36!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    At least it serves to show people what these dickheads' real agenda is anyway.

Further, to protect the population of the state no person shall possess a firearm of any kind if: 1) they have been convicted of a felony; 2) convicted of three or more misdemeanors; 3) had their drivers license suspended or revoked for driving under the influence, careless or reckless driving, or excessive speeding; 4) has been the subject of two or more domestic abuse emergency calls or investigations; 5) they are a person whose mental condition has been affirmed as temporarily or permanently psychologically disturbed by a person with a medical degree; 6) or if they are a person who has made any substantiated threat of violence against another person.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    How’s the meme go?

If I have 36 standard capacity magazines and a law gets passed demanding that I turn in 21 of them, how many do I have left?

That’s right, 36!

75, I lied about the 36 thing

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’m always amazed by the “you may not own a gun if convicted of a felony” that’s always put into new gun laws. These stupid fvcking morons don’t know that it’s already illegal for felons to own guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I’m always amazed by the “you may not own a gun if convicted of a felony” that’s always put into new gun laws. These stupid fvcking morons don’t know that it’s already illegal for felons to own guns.

They’re also the same stupid fvcking morons who can’t wait to nolle prosequi felony gun possession and use.

But I trust that they’ll keep right on digging....

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just another reason to not have ballot referendums regarding rights.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    no person shall possess a firearm of any kind if ... has been the subject of two or more domestic abuse emergency calls or investigations

WHAT? This is even better than the red-flag-ERPO-Maryland-style clusterf**k. All your crazy ex has to do is CALL THE COPS (twice) or do or say anything that would get you "investigated" - no need for any sort of actual conviction for anything - and you're prohibited.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Further, to protect the population of the state no person shall possess a firearm of any kind if: 1) they have been convicted of a felony; 2) convicted of three or more misdemeanors; 3) had their drivers license suspended or revoked for driving under the influence, careless or reckless driving, or excessive speeding; 4) has been the subject of two or more domestic abuse emergency calls or investigations; 5)they are a person whose mental condition has been affirmed as temporarily or permanently psychologically disturbed by a person with a medical degree; 6) or if they are a person who has made any substantiated threat of violence against another person.

They want you to think licensed medical Phd, but unless Florida law explicitly already says "medical degree" means Phd licensed to practice medicine in FL, it could mean anything from brain surgeon down to AA degree in first aid.

It sounds like this whole thing is written to fail.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    WHAT? This is even better than the red-flag-ERPO-Maryland-style clusterf**k. All your crazy ex has to do is CALL THE COPS (twice) or do or say anything that would get you "investigated" - no need for any sort of actual conviction for anything - and you're prohibited.
    Messed up is right. I particularly like excessive speeding as a disqualify offense. Wonder why they didn't include overdue library books.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Messed up is right. I particularly like excessive speeding as a disqualify offense. Wonder why they didn't include overdue library books.

It's almost as if someone who contributed to the wording is actually pro 2A and wants it so over the top that the petition will alienate most of the population.:innocent0

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    This is why escaping MD will now help in the long term. You must get active and fight to keep your rights.

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018

The funny thing is that this petition for referendum method is the same means that Florida used to restore voting rights to felons.

Sorry about the Washington Post story link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/florida-passes-amendment-to-restore-felons-voting-rights/2018/11/06/403b2906-e233-11e8-ba30-a7ded04d8fac_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b2ad1838bc47

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How’s the meme go?

That’s right, 36!

136.....I went out and bought 100 more! FU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom