Setting up my Eotech G33 on rails with BUIS puts it out of eye relief range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    I've seen pictures of the G33 way up on the rails for other folks so I must be doing something wrong. I originally mounted my G33 in front and so it was over top of my flip up BUIS but when looking through it I was behind the line of eye relief so that I saw a floating circle of light that was unusable. Only when I removed the sights and rolled the G33 all the way to the rear of the rail could I get my eyes close enough to get the full field of view through the G33.

Am I missing some adjustment somewhere? I assume the diopter just focuses internally from the G33 to the Holo, am I wrong about that?

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    Bummer, hoped someone here might have some experience with these guys. I will have to register on ARF and ask over there.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So...

The G33, IIRC, has 2.2" of eye relief. That's not horrible, but it's not a lot. Are you shooting nose to charging handle? If not, consider giving it a try. You are definitely going to have issues if you head is all the way back.

I believe it also has a diopter ring for adjusting the focus; you may need to investigate that.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here's a pic of mine. This is a Colt 6920 with a DD Omega X rail installed. no issues with this setup. I have 2 others set up the same way.

Attachments

• SDC10066.jpg
      SDC10066.jpg
      58.9 KB · Views: 764

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    That's how I want mine set up but with the stock extended comfortably my eyes are too far away. Not an issue for you?
    Answering Erwos I'd say my eyes are naturally 3-4 inches or more from the charging handle.

Maybe I need to try with the stock out only half way..l

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    Quick update:

Put it back similar to the way you have it set up and it worked fine. Not sure why I couldn't get it to work that way the first time but I'm all set now. Next up is going to be bench shooting with it to get it closer to dead on. I sat in a folding chair in front of the flat metal table top at the local range and it helped but nowhere near as stable as with a bipod or sandbag, so that's my next purchase. Looks like you have the one I'm looking at or very similar, a harris 6-9" with notched legs and swivel on a larue mount. Might have to ask Santa for that!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Great. Yes it is a Harris Bipod 6-9" with the notched legs with the S swivel option and an ALpha Bravo swivel handle I added. It allows you to tighten down the Harris swivel nut or loosen to make adjustments easier.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/28...arris-s-model-bipods-short-angled-zinc-handle

The Picantinny rail adapter is form here:

http://www.harrisbipods.com/

It allows you to swivel in a horizontal direction.

Midway sells Harris. You may look for a better price

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/15...eg-notch-sling-swivel-stud-mount-6-to-9-black

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom