• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Bill introduced a week ago; somehow I doubt it'll get much traction. Maybe we need more mass murders?

Yeah, that'll help. Make sure to target the Deplorables . . . Jews would be good. Call the Bureau, get them to activate one of their sleepers . . .

Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Representatives Robert Garcia (D-Calif.) and Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) introduced the Ammunition Modernization and Monitoring Oversight (AMMO) Act, legislation that would restrict bulk sales of ammunition, require businesses who sell ammunition to obtain the same federal license as firearm dealers, and require businesses to conduct a background check on ammunition buyers.

The AMMO Act would additionally extend the same prohibition on straw purchases of firearms to ammunition, restricting individuals from purchasing ammunition to then sell illegally to others and requiring data sharing on ammunition sales. Currently, there is essentially no federal regulation governing the sales of ammunition. Businesses are not required to possess licenses in order to sell ammunition and can sell to any buyer, in any quantity, without a background check, and with no recordkeeping or data sharing.

“We have a moral responsibility to treat gun violence in this country like the crisis it is,” said Senator Elizabeth Warren. The Ammunition Modernization and Monitoring Oversight (AMMO) Act is a common-sense step to restrict ammunition sales, strengthen federal oversight of those sales, and help end the epidemic of gun violence in America.”

“The bottom line is no individual should be buying bulk amounts of ammunition without a federal background check from places like gas stations, pharmacies, and convenience stores – especially without any sort of regulation and no record of the sale,” said Representative Robert Garcia. “If we’re ever going to really take on the gun violence epidemic in this country, we need to regulate ammo accessibility. This bill aims to protect the American public from the devastating violence that occurs when individuals have access to unlimited amounts of weaponry.”

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I have enough ammo to last my and grandkids lifetime. Just hoping it’s not impacted by corrosion and time.

As for Warren’s folly it’s just more of the stupidity coming out of the Hill that’s not representative of what people really want or need…….nothingness.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Democrats all.
    I feel safer now.
    Could they arrange for someone to dress me, feed me and wipe my butt? I want to be a good contributing member of society but these details are stopping me...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I want to tax private jet travel 200% , if you can afford to travel like that then you can help offset a carbon footprint. Lets start taxing stuff that does not matter to the middle and lower class folks.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Based on the pictures of mismatched ammo in almost every seized firearm picture in Baltimore, this legislation will do nothing to lower crime.

It is aimed at screwing with legal gunowners and recreational shooters. Period.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    “We have a moral responsibility to treat gun violence in this country like the crisis it is,” said Senator Elizabeth Warren.

Odd,, yet they keep turn the repeat violent offenders back out into the communities with little to no punishment??

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Based on the pictures of mismatched ammo in almost every seized firearm picture in Baltimore, this legislation will do nothing to lower crime.

It is aimed at screwing with legal gunowners and recreational shooters. Period.
    It is geared to adding additional roadblocks to those that partake in the shooting sports.
    The dems are good at the long game,, they know they have to disarm the law abiding American population before they roll out their "final solution" .

"If it stops just one person from becoming involved in recreational shooting.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Paraphrased: Buying bulk ammo from gas stations, pharmacies and convenience stores. What in the holy bvllshit misleading propaganda Garcia.

mellowcream

Oct 3, 2023
    Easton, MD
    True but those gas stations, pharmacies and convenience stores will suffer from all the lost sales.
    I can't say I've ever bought ammo from any of these types of stores. Maybe shotgun shells from an old gas station/tackle shop before a skeet shooting trip, I'm not even sure if they sold handgun ammo.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    It no work.
    Me travel many moons to avoid.
    Law is white devil medicine.
    Take much wampum to implement.
    Squaw crazy.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    On top of all the COTUS-violation stuff they think they are so cute with their bill names. Makes me want to smack them silly.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    As for Warren’s folly it’s just more of the stupidity coming out of the Hill that’s not representative of what people really want...
    Make no mistake, lots of people want this. People in hell want ice water, too.
    My natural right to bear arms doesn't give a fvck what these people "want."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom