• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    “I’m not going to go out there and beat the drum for the sake of beating the drum/"

If you believe in the cause then you keep beating the drum. If you only think it will further your career you change with the breeze.

I may not agree with those that want more gun control, but I would respect him more if he beat the drum in the face of opposition because of his convictions. I suppose it tells us what he really believes in.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Focus is on the states. That's where they think they can win, and so far, they are.

xref

May 9, 2013
    I'll believe it when I see it. But then who needs the Senate when we have Executive Orders being carried out whenever Obama wants something he can't get.

Executive Orders are cake to cancel with a new president... 2016!!!

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Focus is on the states. That's where they think they can win, and so far, they are.

Actually in the grand scheme of states, the antis are loosing massively.

SC overrode a gubernatorial veto on gun rights

TX expanded right to carry on school grounds, decreased training requirements for CCW along with a whole host of other provisions.

IL not only passed CCW, but their state Supreme Court may have just a de facto Constitutional Carry.

And the reason the Senate won't act is because even Dems know their states will throw them out of office.

Hell, even Harvard, CDC, and CNN journalists are starting to realize the mountain of facts showing that increased gun laws don't reduce crime.

Many of us here look at the prism if gun rights from our experience here in Maryland, but a quick scan of the news shows that this state is in an overwhelming minority. The 2A is winning on a national level, and winning big.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013

Around 80% of the states are quite pro gun. Concealed carry, loose regulations, etc. Just because crap state like MD, NY, NJ, and CA exists doesn’t mean that they are winning. Not to mention that recent tax reports state that all the anti states are also losing a ton of revenue as people/businesses move away.

Also, CO pro gun was outspent 6 to 1 yet was still successful in their recall elections. Anti rights activists only have control is deep blue states and even then, we are working on court cases to take out their claws. People are buying more guns than ever and multiple new gun owners (Myself included) are joining the fray and actively becoming members of national and local organizations.

Considering that the government is on the verge of shutting down within a week, I have a feeling that more gun control that isn’t going to get pushed. It’s just not their top or even middle priority right now.

If they don’t pass gun control their jobs are still secure. If the government shuts down and millions of people aren’t allowed to go to work next week, they are going to be in hot water.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Holding the criminal responsible will eat into their voter base.

Most crimes, based on population percentage, are commited by minorities.

When you punish the criminal, you piss off the criminals Mother, Father, Brothers, Sisters, Grand Parents, Friends, and all of the women/men he/she has been banging.

The Left/Liberals/Democrats are not going to risk pissing off the uninformed meal-ticket voters that puts them in office time and time again.

They would rather let an entire race of people suffer so they can hang on to their jobs.

It's kind of sad and disgusting if you really think about it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I find most Anti candidates to be cowards because as they get closer to the elections they spend more time pandering than time on their stance and the pro-2A candidates do not take the chance to hammer those Anti candidates on their stance on a lot of "illegal" things. The Quid Pro Quo in our political system is disgusting.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    "Senate Not Going For More Gun Control"

Are their lips moving? If so, they are lieing. Reid wants to stay in office. However, if the winds changed and he could shaft us he would in a nanosecond.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Actually in the grand scheme of states, the antis are loosing massively.

SC overrode a gubernatorial veto on gun rights

TX expanded right to carry on school grounds, decreased training requirements for CCW along with a whole host of other provisions.

IL not only passed CCW, but their state Supreme Court may have just a de facto Constitutional Carry.

And the reason the Senate won't act is because even Dems know their states will throw them out of office.

Hell, even Harvard, CDC, and CNN journalists are starting to realize the mountain of facts showing that increased gun laws don't reduce crime.

Many of us here look at the prism if gun rights from our experience here in Maryland, but a quick scan of the news shows that this state is in an overwhelming minority. The 2A is winning on a national level, and winning big.

Exactly. But that's why ultimately we need to force through federal reciprocity and other types of preemption statutes through Congress as soon as we have enough support to do it.

I propose a statute such as the following (perhaps codified at 18 USC 926D):

"Notwithstanding any state or local law to the contrary, this chapter represents the entirety of all restrictions on firearms throughout the United States."

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    They care more about re election than ANYTHING else.

Besides I think they were stunned at the public response which basically armed "the people" to the gills.

They know thier only hope is through the children and Immigration.

Dilute the shares with Immigration, and brain wash the future generation through the so called education system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom