• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    More silliness, to ban individuals under 16 from shooting semiautomatic and automatic firearms at ranges, gun shows or competitions.

From the senator's page

“The HEART Act is simple and straightforward: It prohibits the transfer of a machine gun or semiautomatic weapon to anyone under the age of 16. Not at a gun range, not at a gun show, not while hunting, not anywhere, anytime. Assault weapons are weapons of war and should not be allowed in the hands of children. I thank Rep. Gallego for his partnership on the HEART Act and look forward to working with my colleagues to pass this important bill.”

Article:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...s-propose-restrictions-on-kids-access-to-guns

Link to senators page and description of the bill
    http://www.markey.senate.gov/news/p...legislation-to-prevent-accidental-gun-deaths_

Link to PDF of the bill:
    http://www.markey.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2016-07-12-HEART-Act-Bill-Text.pdf

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    A Masshole liberal and his lackey. More grandstanding. The dems know it will never go anywhere but they want to be able to wail about how "Republicans want children to have access to assault weapons."

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    wow they list a lot of firearms that are specifically not allowed for kids to shoot.

so they reference one kid who didn't have proper supervision and ended up shooting someone, and now it's all banned for all kids.

bottom line is how enforceable is this. are they going to make kids go home from the range hunting grounds and grab their birth certificates.

it's a "brave" bill though, not sure what makes it brave, seems stupid and overreaching to me. maybe just say that such activities must be under the supervision of an adult, but that might already be a law.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    my dad had an old m1 carbine we used to take out to the woods and set up cans to shoot. this would now be illegal. what a shame to even try to remove quality time with father and son.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    my dad had an old m1 carbine we used to take out to the woods and set up cans to shoot. this would now be illegal. what a shame to even try to remove quality time with father and son.

insert 'quality time is now defined as....." Just another way of dwindling the ranks. by 16 if the kid hasn't been brought up shooting/hunting that will most likely be one more that doesn't pick up the sports just an ipad/iPhone/gaming console.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    They are a patient bunch, if this were to go through you have a potential of a complete generation of citizens fearful of guns thus more willing to allow bans and restrictions. :sad20:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Fvcking Markey-Mark ...

If there ever was a do-nothing, Kennedy re-tread, liberal/progessive from ASS-chewin-etts, it's him.

I know from personal experience that he develops NONE of the legislation he proposes. He's a DemocRAT administration lackey who has no original thought and is typically handed shit-bills to push, diverting attention away from serious screw-overs elsewhere. Pay no attention to the man In FRONT of the curtain.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ding, ding, ding, ding ... We HAVE a Winner !!!

I guess the Boy Scouts will have to give up a merit badge. Dumb ass politicians.

Sing it Carly !!!

In-doc-tri-na-tion ...

IN-DOC-TRI-NA-A-TION

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    More useless, meaningless drivel from the morons on Capitol Hill. When was the last time they came up with useful legislation on this subject??? Can't remember, can you?

Ugh!!!!

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    If it were to bscome a law I would submit to, my son would be upset.

His favorites are 20 gauge youth auto loader, mini 14 tactical and 795 with tech sites.

:(

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Nope, Scouts use single shot and bolts. No semi's allowed.
    But still, this guy is an a$$.

Won't effect the Rifle Merit Badge (above is correct), but it will effect the Shotgun Merit Badge. Semi's are allowed and encouraged for Shotgun (less felt recoil)

From the BSA Shooting Sports Manual:

Shotgun:

Modern sporting shotguns of any gauge may be used.
    However, experience shows that beginning shooters will be
    more successful with a 20- or 12-gauge shotgun, putting more
    shot to the target. The semiautomatic shotgun will produce less
    felt recoil, thus making the shooter more comfortable

Rifle:

.22-caliber rifle. Breech-loading, single-shot, bolt-action,
    .22-caliber short or long rifle rimfire cartridges, or a repeater-
    type bolt-action .22-caliber rifle with a box-style magazine.
    (Tubular magazines are not allowed.) The trigger pull must test
    to a minimum of 3 pounds of trigger pull, without exception.

For the record, I'm a Merit Badge Councilor for both badges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom