• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Maybe, but that won't bar him from holding office in the future! He ate a conviction in 1989 that forced him from office, but he was back in 1994 and has been befouling our state government since.

With any luck, he'll die before he can stand for public office. That will definitely stop him from seeking election.

But not voting. He'll be voting for at least two cycles after he's cold.

Last edited:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shame on the entire legislature for allowing him to stay this long.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hell, he can run for office from prison. This is Maryland, you know he'll win.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    You guys are horrible. The only reason he is being picked on is.... wait for it.....

Hand-Writing-Institutional-Racism.jpg

I don't really need to add the sarcasm emoji here, do I?

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    And a Hogan appointee at that after knowing Oak's past. This is a Hogan quote from the office of the governor:“I am confident that Delegate Nathaniel Oaks will continue to be a strong advocate for his constituents in his new role as a state senator,” said Governor Hogan. “I offer him my sincere congratulations and look forward to working with him in his role to continue changing Maryland for the better.”

Here's the source:

http://governor.maryland.gov/2017/0...s-delegate-nathaniel-oaks-to-maryland-senate/

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    And a Hogan appointee at that after knowing Oak's past. This is a Hogan quote from the office of the governor:“I am confident that Delegate Nathaniel Oaks will continue to be a strong advocate for his constituents in his new role as a state senator,” said Governor Hogan. “I offer him my sincere congratulations and look forward to working with him in his role to continue changing Maryland for the better.”

Here's the source:

http://governor.maryland.gov/2017/0...s-delegate-nathaniel-oaks-to-maryland-senate/

It's par for the course to nominate the person recommended by the party's delegation in such an instance.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    And Oaks pleads guilty. Eat it, scumbag.

Tell that to Robin Frazier who was nominated for State Senator by the Carroll County Republican Central when Joe Getty’s seat was vacated when he was apointed on Hogan’s staff. He said no and that he wanted 3 choices. Hypocrisy much? Hmm

"Par for the course," I said. Not "this is the way it's done every single time."

Politics are disgusting. I still eat sausage, but I look at it differently after seeing how it is made.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    He’s not wearing his special senator lapel pin is he?

Attachments

• 2AFF1CC5-85FE-438E-9318-2BA18D149FD7.jpg
      2AFF1CC5-85FE-438E-9318-2BA18D149FD7.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 151
    • D2287E16-2999-4164-98AE-9197AC20101E.jpg
      D2287E16-2999-4164-98AE-9197AC20101E.jpg
      28.1 KB · Views: 151

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Maryland:

It shall be the duty of the General Assembly, at its first session, held after the adoption of this Constitution, to provide by Law for the punishment, by fine, or imprisonment in the Penitentiary, or both, in the discretion of the Court, of any person, who shall bribe, or attempt to bribe, any Executive, or Judicial officer of the State of Maryland, or any member, or officer, of the General Assembly of the State of Maryland, or of any Municipal corporation in the State of Maryland, or any Executive officer of such corporation, in order to influence him in the performance of any of his official duties; and, also, to provide by Law for the punishment, by fine, or imprisonment in the Penitentiary, or both, in the discretion of the Court, of any of said officers, or members, who shall demand, or receive any bribe, fee, reward, or testimonial, for the performance of his official duties, or for neglecting, or failing to perform the same; and, also, to provide by Law for compelling any person, so bribing, or attempting to bribe, or so demanding, or receiving a bribe, fee, reward, or testimonial, to testify against any person, or persons, who may have committed any of said offenses; provided, that any person, so compelled to testify, shall be exempted from trial and punishment for the offense, of which he may have been guilty; and any person, convicted of such offence, shall, as part of the punishment thereof, be forever disfranchised and disqualified from holding any office of trust, or profit, in this State.

So I was mistaken. Oakes is unable to run for office, at least until the GA gets around this limitation next session. They'll probably "graft" it onto some innocuous bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom