• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTHall720

Jan 15, 2012
    I have been talking to too many people at various gun stores. Someone today said that MD law makers are working on making all semi auto pistols banned regardless of mag capacity. Just rumors?? I think there are a lot of rumors circulating.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You are going to be hard-pressed to get rid of semi-auto pistols. They are ubiquitous. This will get interesting.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Rumors right now, but understand that anything and everything is on the table.

Although most of it appears to be negotiated under the table at the moment, since most of the gutless wonders are not wanting to show their hand and are not populating the legislative website yet...

Afield

Jul 3, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I have been talking to too many people at various gun stores. Someone today said that MD law makers are working on making all semi auto pistols banned regardless of mag capacity. Just rumors?? I think there are a lot of rumors circulating.

Rumors sell guns. As we have seen the past 4-5 years.

I doubt that would pass constitutional muster after McDonald, and they know that.

Nothing prompts sales like fear, after all. "Better buy 'em quick...they'll be banned soon!"

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    As a general rule, don't believe ANYTHING you hear at a gun shop. From behind the counter, I've heard everything from "9mm doesn't do anything because it's too fast. It cauterizes the wound as it goes through and you don't bleed at all. You want a .45, they're a 100% one shot kill and will knock someone running at you with a knife off their feet." to "Work at a gun shop and you'll quickly be in favor for gun control. People need to have lots of training before they should be allowed anywhere near a gun. I dont think people like that guy(guy that just went back to the range after asking stupid questions) have any business owning a gun"....that was a quote from on-target employee yesterday.

If you want reliable information, go to maryland shall issue's webpage and sign up. You'll be in the loop with actual information and not scary gossip.

http://marylandshallissue.org/

MTHall720

Jan 15, 2012
    Thanks for all the input. I agree that fear does sell guns and ammo. Hopefully there won't be any more insane new laws getting passed. So many states are shall issue for carry permits but there is no appealing to people's logic when they are really stirred up and have their minds already set.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    ".....I dont think people like that guy(guy that just went back to the range after asking stupid questions) have any business owning a gun"....that was a quote from on-target employee yesterday.

Where does some gun range employee get off making remarks like that or determining who is fit to own a gun? How fvcking elitist. He shouldn't own a gun but you will let him shoot at your range? Obviously, profit trumps principles at this establishment. Good enough reason for me to avoid the place...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    ".....I dont think people like that guy(guy that just went back to the range after asking stupid questions) have any business owning a gun"....that was a quote from on-target employee yesterday.

Where does some gun range employee get off making remarks like that or determining who is fit to own a gun? How fvcking elitist. He shouldn't own a gun but you will let him shoot at your range? Obviously, profit trumps principles at this establishment. Good enough reason for me to avoid the place...

The place is fine. The employee was getting stressed from the 1+ hour line waiting to get a lane and the shop full of people trying to scavenge over whatever guns were still in stock and not sold yet. It seemed like he was trying to make a joke to blow off steam and it just didn't come out in a good way. I've had very pleasant experiences with most of their employees in the past and have no problem giving them repeat business. My main point was just not to take everything said at a gun shop as gospel. I do agree with you though that the joke was in poor taste considering the legislative battle we're facing.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It is probably remembrances coming out of the AWB they tried to pass in 2007 or so and nearly succeeded with. Part of that one would have banned any handgun readily capable of receiving a threaded barrel, even if not equipped with one. Which would have meant just about all of the semi pistols except for the blowback designs, etc. with fixed barrels.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It is probably remembrances coming out of the AWB they tried to pass in 2007 or so. Part of that one would have banned any handgun readily capable of receiving a threaded barrel, even if not equipped with one. Which would have meant just about all of the semi pistols except for the blowback designs, etc. with fixed barrels.
    I wish they'd get rid of those threaded barrels. There are so many murders committed with "silencers". You just never hear about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom