• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bensmiata

The Newbie
    Dec 23, 2009
    MD
    I bought some guns on my CR license as a MD resident. Now I'm a VA resident and would like to sell said guns. Can I sell the guns FTF in VA or do I have to use my license to sell them?

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    You can sell them to help enhance your collection...your not suppose to sell them just fir profit. Read the rules on selling c&r items that came with your package.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    If I cancel my CR with the ATF then I can sell as I please then?

You can pretty much sell as you please with the license--- you just need to enter it in your book. You do have a book, don't you??:innocent0

I'm pretty sure the BAFTE expects collectors will sell guns occasionally..... I think you would only get in trouble if you were selling dozens of guns a month.... That looks like one is going beyond the scope of a collector and doing it for profit.....

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    As long as you are not selling for profit, there is no reason why you can't sell them with or without a C&R. "Not selling for profit" doesn't mean that you can't make money on them either. A C&R license cannot be used like a FFL01 as a full dealer license. If your bound book shows you purchasing 50-60 guns a month and reselling all of them within said month, then it looks like you are trying to do business as a dealer, and thats a no-no. If you bought a couple guns, you had them for a time, or even a short time, then you want to sell one or two of them, do it. Just enter them in your bound book. If you sell them for $50 or $100 more than you paid for them, so be it. $50-$100 is hardly profit in the consideration of acting as a "business".

Bottom line, you're fine to sell them with your C&R as long as you aren't buying to sell and turn a profit.

Bensmiata

The Newbie
    Dec 23, 2009
    MD
    Selling a 1943 or 42 (have to double check) Hex mosin with approx 700 rounds and 15 stripped clips

Also a 1945 Nagant pistol with a box and a half of ammo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom