• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    I have a bunch of ammo that I would like to sell from guns I have sold. I’ve been out of the firearms world for a few years now and don’t know where is the best place to sell ammo these days? I posted here because not sure if I can ship it or have to sell it locally or what? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Have 5.45x39 Russian 1000 rounds (50 boxes of 20). Then another 160 rounds of tiger 5.45x39. 120 rounds of 7.62x39 Tula 124 grain. 680 rounds of PPU 7.62x39 123gr.

Last edited:

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I have a bunch of ammo that I would like to sell from guns I have sold. I’ve been out of the firearms world for a few years now and don’t know where is the best place to sell ammo these days? I posted here because not sure if I can ship it or have to sell it locally or what? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Easiest way may be to visit your local FFL and ask them to put it up on consignment.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Get a table at a local gunshow.
    Depending on you location, there's a few nice gun shows for guys like you.
    The Baltimore County Game and Fish Gun Show is a nice one day show under a big pavilion held on the Saturday before Easter and again Labor Day, $10 for a table!
    The Bel Air show is all weekend in February, another local show for the individual. There's some local clubs like Pasadena's Stony Creek.
    The best part about gun shows is you're around like mind individuals, you're surely make new friends and have a good time if you like talking guns or just like talking.
    Some of these guys doing weekend gun shows don't make very much money, but they still go to most every show because they enjoy the comradery and first dibs before the doors open.
    Even better, do a show with a friend.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I doubt a brick & mortar shop would care to assume the risk of selling someone else's ammunition. Sellers of new ammo on sites like Gunbroker refuse to take returns because of possible liability issues if the ammo is not as described. They're worried about reloads and such.

Drop ten bucks on MDS and put it in the classifieds.

Or succumb to BGOS (Battered Gun Owner Syndrome) and turn it in to the police. Because it's scary.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I doubt a brick & mortar shop would care to assume the risk of selling someone else's ammunition. Sellers of new ammo on sites like Gunbroker refuse to take returns because of possible liability issues if the ammo is not as described. They're worried about reloads and such.

Drop ten bucks on MDS and put it in the classifieds.

Or succumb to BGOS (Battered Gun Owner Syndrome) and turn it in to the police. Because it's scary.

This; I do not sell used ammo of any sort purely on liability. Also the consignment rate would be so low it would not be worth the time.

Jul 1, 2012
    You can ship ammo but it's a pain. You have to go to a shipping center and get it listed as a hazmat and pay a fee.
    Further down that page:
    "To meet the exception for “Limited Quantity,” ammunition can only be shipped via UPS Ground within the 48 contiguous states, UPS Ground Intra-Oahu and UPS Ground Intra-Alaska. Ammunition is not accepted for shipment internationally. Shipping papers are not required.

Only the standard shipping charges apply when shipping ammunition. There are no "accessorial" or additional charges."

You do have to put the "hazmat, limited quantity" label on it though.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    Why not post what you have available here?

Speaking for myself I'd buy some ammo from ya if you had the calibers I shoot, and if you'd be willing to meet outside of MoCo

I'm sure there are others here that would do the same

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Why not post what you have available here?

Speaking for myself I'd buy some ammo from ya if you had the calibers I shoot, and if you'd be willing to meet outside of MoCo

I'm sure there are others here that would do the same

That's against the rules... don't let Norton find out. It's be easier to get 50 posts.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    That's against the rules... don't let Norton find out. It's be easier to get 50 posts.
    Well then OP better start replying to this thread and bump those post numbers up. Then make a post in the classifieds

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom