• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Don't take it as a correction, just a reminder. I had not seen mention of incident later in thread. "No unholstering and brandishing or threatening others with firearms, and certainly no use". Was not a positive exclusively yours, many posted as such and is even in a Amicus Brief to SCOTUS. Just to point that often things are stated by all sides in an attempt to bolster their position that just are not so and should be tempered. The same quoted statement would not apply to Gettysburg either. A guy unholstered and had a ND in his own leg. Preston did 2A advocates no favor that day.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What has SAF done for Maryland?

Every time they call asking for money I tell them we are getting crapped on with no real fights for our state. The person asking for money usually sounds apologetic and asks that I look at the larger picture of our nation. At that point I tell them no.

Sorry, but she's 100% right. SAF litigates constitutional issues that have precedential value for everybody. And, it's very good at it.

Edit: BTW, are you sure it's SAF? I've never gotten a phone call from them, but get plenty of mail.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    KCbrown, I think you and I are saying
    the same thing, in part. Perhaps my
    words were in-artful?

That is that we cannot expect or
    hope to influence the MSM. Or, to ever
    gain their support.

My point is that they will
    continue to paint us as reactionary,
    wild-eyed Rambo-wannabe, Neo-Nazi militias. And, if we
    then give them the "combat-ready"
    photo ops they can use to scare their viewership and prove
    their point, they will influence more
    of the Great Unwashed to their side.
    Folks who, as I noted previously, vote.
    And, we can ill afford more anti's in
    position of power and authority.

What you're asking for here is impossible to deliver. We cannot control the actions of all, even if we wanted to. Moreover, what the MSM cannot get by filming "in the wild", it will manufacture (see, e.g., the various faked automobile safety problem "demonstrations" that have been performed by the MSM over the years). Even if you could control the actions of every single individual who doesn't side with the MSM, you cannot control the actions of those who do side with the MSM, who would be more than happy to volunteer to pretend to be that which the MSM is looking for.

In short, you simply cannot get what you want here. The MSM will portray us in whatever light they choose, accuse us of whatever they please, because that is what it means to "control the narrative".

I think the fight is political at this point.
    And, if political, best to fight that way.
    Of course, that is a very broad avenue
    down which to drive. Perhaps best
    to have folks of our mind in all available lanes.

Yes, it's a political fight. It's one that you cannot win on the MSM's terms. As such, there's no point in attempting it in that way. The only way you win this is by showing people the truth, and the only way to do that is by talking around the MSM, by using channels that the MSM does not control, and by using those channels to show the MSM for the liars they are.

To most folks elsewhere in the country,
    the issue is not quite so burning. It
    might get a passing shrug of interest
    here and there. Perhaps an ear or
    two perks up and some passing attention
    is paid. Those are the folks who will
    judge the issue based upon what they
    are fed - yes, mostly by the networks,
    CNN, MSNBC, the Washington Post, the
    LA and NY Times...etc...those who have
    abrogated journalistic integrity for
    market share and survival.

Which is another way of saying that they judge the issue on the basis of the actions of those we can neither control nor even influence. But if that's the case, then there's no point in altering your actions in such hope. Rather, you're better off getting to those people some other way.

Trump's election is very strong evidence that the people you're talking about are not as receptive to the MSM's message as they used to be, that they are using alternate channels to receive information.

If you wish to win, the way to do that is to neutralize one of the primary sources of power the opposition has -- to neutralize the MSM itself. The way to do that is to discredit the MSM, to show how it is biased, manipulative, and false. You do not do that by attempting to control what the MSM can show, for that is an impossibility.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If I were a cop seeing that, and nothing I could do about it, I'd say F it too. Let them take care of things if they want. All this nonsense one group is there to assist LEO or protecting 1A . Looks to me they want to co-opt policing from the police. I wouldn't take it as a compliment if any un-appointed little militarized group arrives on its own recommendation, as if we (the Police) need help. So factions start trading rounds. As a cop am I suppose to pick a side? What a nice recipe for both groups to come after me.

That wasn't a red flag that popped out the muzzle.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-28-at-9.43.37-AM-500x256.png

So.... I take that as a "no"?

Funny thing is, you would have thought that LE would be very quick to establish dominance in the presence of civilian weapons, but we now know that Leftist governors and mayors (as seen in VA) are warping professional policing.

At Harrisburg PA for the Trump Rally we saw the expected presence. Open Carry was for "display purposes only" and there were no incidents. Each side has their say and all went home intact.

Obviously, Leftist Lackeys like MacAuliffe wanted a riot.

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Don't take it as a correction, just a reminder. I had not seen mention of incident later in thread. "No unholstering and brandishing or threatening others with firearms, and certainly no use". Was not a positive exclusively yours, many posted as such and is even in a Amicus Brief to SCOTUS. Just to point that often things are stated by all sides in an attempt to bolster their position that just are not so and should be tempered. The same quoted statement would not apply to Gettysburg either. A guy unholstered and had a ND in his own leg. Preston did 2A advocates no favor that day.
    See post #56 in this thread. I agree that Preston is an idiot and did not help 2A supporters, but he's been charged for his actions and will likely suffer consequences. As I mentioned, in the immediate few days after Charlottesville blew up, the media was searching for an example (particularly by III%ers) of firearm brandishing or use, and didn't have one to report. There is a movement to try to curtail open carry rights because the media and antigunners are complaining that it inhibits free speech. As mentioned, the ones principally interfering with free speech at different events since last 2016 have been antifa, and they're doing it without guns. I'm not sure if there's been any traction in the public by the media pointing at guys carrying "scary" guns, but a lot of folks are coming around to recognize antifa as a big problem.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    Folks...excellent discussion, spiced
    with your passion and insight.
    Thank you!
    Especially KC and Rack.
    Am glad we are on the same side!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So.... I take that as a "no"?

Funny thing is, you would have thought that LE would be very quick to establish dominance in the presence of civilian weapons, but we now know that Leftist governors and mayors (as seen in VA) are warping professional policing.

At Harrisburg PA for the Trump Rally we saw the expected presence. Open Carry was for "display purposes only" and there were no incidents. Each side has their say and all went home intact.

Obviously, Leftist Lackeys like MacAuliffe wanted a riot.

No to what?

Pa2dnDe.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom