• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    At the Women's March on Friday at the NRA where there were at least 25 of us heavily armed it was amazing how polite the loony lefties were to us. They didn't come over to our area and scream and holler and try to get in our personal space. They did their thing, we did ours.

Fast forward a day and the same group of moonbats thought nothing of crossing the road and standing right next to us, screaming and cursing and generally trying to disrupt because they thought that all of us were unarmed.

Striking the difference in behavior when we crossed the river into DC....
    I'm surprised that they didn't spit too. They are not smart people or are they skilled fighters. I think they should have maintained their distance and not invaded anyone's personal space. How could this be better managed at future events (or does this just go with the territory)?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm surprised that they didn't spit too. They are not smart people or are they skilled fighters. I think they should have maintained their distance and not invaded anyone's personal space. How could this be better managed at future events (or does this just go with the territory)?

It goes with the territory, but this was literally a classic case of an armed society is a polite society.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    It goes with the territory, but this was literally a classic case of an armed society is a polite society.
    Well once again, the PPs show extraordinary courage and restraint, despite overwhelming odds. My guess is that they (the libtards) were doing everything they could to get 'popped' and then fall on the ground and 'play the victim' for their next 'moldylocks' youtube video. The funny thing is, the genius behind the wording on the placards is what makes it through to the lamestream media. They are being beaten at their own game with finesse.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    "Courage and restraint."

Good words to live by.

And, by which to appear
    publicly at this point.

As I noted earlier, I do not know
    what the balance point is...where
    it lies between "courage and restraint",
    and "courage and response".
    I just figure we are still at the "honey"
    rather than "vinegar" stage of the
    argument; hence, the courage/restraint stage.

I think we are still in a PR contest,
    to win hearts and minds -
    while the opposition heads implode as we saw at the DOJ event.

We may be seeing the tide turn a bit
    as Antifa starts to get negative press.

Maybe I am wrong.

In any case, I am here for the long
    haul.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Look at the arc of history and tell me where "honey" has gotten us.

Remember:
    --Rifle Teams in our schools?
    --Rifles in student car trunks for after-school hunting?
    --Gun racks in pickup trucks?
    --Face-to-face sales of handguns?
    --Gifting fireams within families w/o Govt roster?
    --Buying guns w/o a Govt Roster?
    --Buying a gun and taking it home that day?
    --Buying a gun w/o a fingerprint "license"?
    --Transporting your gun w/o fear of arrest?

And on and on...

Pass the vinegar please.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    ... the writer focuses on political demonstrations, noting Maryland's prohibition of firearms at such events.

This is not true. You can open carry at demonstrations until a LEO 1). Tells you that there is a demonstration in progress, and 2). Asks you to depart the area.

Maybe someone at a computer can post the cite. Been in JHU ED in bodymorgue with family memner since 1300 hrs....

And when I hunt, I walk as far as I can along public roads to get where I'm going.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This is not true. You can open carry at demonstrations until a LEO 1). Tells you that there is a demonstration in progress, and 2). Asks you to depart the area.

Maybe someone at a computer can post the cite. Been in JHU ED in bodymorgue with family memner since 1300 hrs....

And when I hunt, I walk as far as I can along public roads to get where I'm going.

Bingo.

This applies to Concealed Carry as well.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Bingo.

This applies to Concealed Carry as well.

I didn't know this, thanks.

If someone can site reference that would be appreciated too.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    Look at the arc of history and tell me where "honey" has gotten us.

Remember:
    --Rifle Teams in our schools?
    --Rifles in student car trunks for after-school hunting?
    --Gun racks in pickup trucks?
    --Face-to-face sales of handguns?
    --Gifting fireams within families w/o Govt roster?
    --Buying guns w/o a Govt Roster?
    --Buying a gun and taking it home that day?
    --Buying a gun w/o a fingerprint "license"?
    --Transporting your gun w/o fear of arrest?

And on and on...

Pass the vinegar please.

I hear you, Rack.
    An impressive list, that.
    That vinegar is looking better.

But, I suspect that most of those restrictions were put in place after some nutcake pulled off a school shooting, a mass mutder at a church, or a political assassination.
    Point being, if the opposition never lets a tragedy go to waste by taking the next bite while the public is still wringing their hands, I think it risky to
    give a gift to the MSM by our appearing to be the very boogie men we are painted to be...and, some truly are.
    Why encourage that perception? Or, the next incident by letting some nut think he is not alone in his warped world?
    Again, I don't know what or if there is a "right" answer.
    Can only go by my gut. And, for now
    at least, vinegar gives me an upset
    stomach.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I think guns and gun owners, to the Leftists, are analogous to scary dogs and their owners.

They can see the owners as "nice people" but will NEVER change their opinions about the dog, and never stop trying to get the dog out of the neighborhood.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    I think guns and gun owners, to the Leftists, are analogous to scary dogs and their owners.

They can see the owners as "nice people" but will NEVER change their opinions about the dog, and never stop trying to get the dog out of the neighborhood.

Absolutely agree.

But, they are not the ones I think we should look to win over.

I want to bring back into the fold those who leaned to our side at one time, but who have strayed because of MSM propaganda, or ignorance.

And, I want to win over those in the middle who may still be open to being
    informed.

When we give the opposition and the
    MSM the chance to paint us the way
    they do, we are handing them the
    ammunition to use against us. And, they then recruit those folks we should be pulling over to us.

But, lastly, to be clear: my cold, dead hands.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Absolutely agree.

But, they are not the ones I think we should look to win over.

I want to bring back into the fold those who leaned to our side at one time, but who have strayed because of MSM propaganda, or ignorance.

And, I want to win over those in the middle who may still be open to being
    informed.

ammunition to use against us. And, they then recruit those folks we should be pulling over to us.

But, lastly, to be clear: my cold, dead hands.

In my opinion you are never going to win the "mushy middle" by looking weak, human nature wants to associate with winners. Kowtowing to the antis and wearing empty holsters in a venue where it is perfectly legal to bear arms is giving in.

Not exactly a great recruiting tool, "Hey, come join us, we can carry guns, but we choose not to be offensive and left them at home".

None for me, thanks....

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012

We don't "give" the MSM anything. To believe otherwise is to believe fairy tales about the MSM.

The MSM is not objective, unbiased, agenda-free, or any of that. Quite the opposite. Much of what you see today is driven by the MSM. The MSM has an agenda and is pushing it. That is why the MSM's message is so consistent and so one-sided.

The opposition gets its primary support from the MSM, not vice versa. The opposition needs it, because the opposition's stance is founded upon lies, not truths.

As such, there is nothing we can do to change the MSM or the opposition. We can only defeat them by exposing them for the frauds they are, by shining the light of truth upon their lies. Trump's election is evidence that the general population has started to wake up some, to realize that the MSM is pushing lies. It helps that there now exists a medium, the internet, which makes it possible to go directly to the source for many things, something that simply wasn't possible before (but note that there is a difference between "possible" and "easy" -- one still has to work at it somewhat). The dependency upon the MSM isn't what it was. The timing of that is quite fortunate given what the MSM is attempting to push these days. Had we been at this point some 20 or so years earlier, it's much more likely the opposition would have already won.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Wow. I had that totally wrong. This is much better than I thought. Thank you.

(b) (1) This subsection does not apply to a law enforcement officer.
    (2) A person may not have a firearm in the person’s possession or on or about the person at a demonstration in a public place or in a vehicle that is within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place after:
    (i) the person has been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration is occurring at the public place; and
    (ii) the person has been ordered by the law enforcement officer to leave the area of the demonstration until the person disposes of the firearm.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    KCbrown, I think you and I are saying
    the same thing, in part. Perhaps my
    words were in-artful?

That is that we cannot expect or
    hope to influence the MSM. Or, to ever
    gain their support.

My point is that they will
    continue to paint us as reactionary,
    wild-eyed Rambo-wannabe, Neo-Nazi militias. And, if we
    then give them the "combat-ready"
    photo ops they can use to scare their viewership and prove
    their point, they will influence more
    of the Great Unwashed to their side.
    Folks who, as I noted previously, vote.
    And, we can ill afford more anti's in
    position of power and authority.

I think the fight is political at this point.
    And, if political, best to fight that way.
    Of course, that is a very broad avenue
    down which to drive. Perhaps best
    to have folks of our mind in all available lanes.

Last point is, I think, that the fight
    in front of those on both sides who are
    eyeball to eyeball is a red hot thing.

To most folks elsewhere in the country,
    the issue is not quite so burning. It
    might get a passing shrug of interest
    here and there. Perhaps an ear or
    two perks up and some passing attention
    is paid. Those are the folks who will
    judge the issue based upon what they
    are fed - yes, mostly by the networks,
    CNN, MSNBC, the Washington Post, the
    LA and NY Times...etc...those who have
    abrogated journalistic integrity for
    market share and survival.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Firearm ownership and carry are civil rights issues.

100 years after the Civil War, African Americans were not sitting at lunch counters, nor using any water fountain, or taking front seats in buses, despite polite "please, my I?" requests.

Things changed when black folks said "enough...time to exercise the right!"

Polite requests to MD politicians to cease infringements has brought us the Handgun Roster, FSA2013 and being fingerprinted and photographed, with Long Gun Registration as their next wet dream.

Sorry, "please, may I?" is a dog that don't hunt.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    What has SAF done for Maryland?

Every time they call asking for money I tell them we are getting crapped on with no real fights for our state. The person asking for money usually sounds apologetic and asks that I look at the larger picture of our nation. At that point I tell them no.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If I were at an event and I see non-police arriving with rifles, vests and "tactical" gear, I'm leaving. I don't know them, don't know their intent and if they have malicious plans I am seriously out gunned. The first rule of survival is avoid dumb situations when you can and that qualifies.

If I were a cop seeing that, and nothing I could do about it, I'd say F it too. Let them take care of things if they want. All this nonsense one group is there to assist LEO or protecting 1A . Looks to me they want to co-opt policing from the police. I wouldn't take it as a compliment if any un-appointed little militarized group arrives on its own recommendation, as if we (the Police) need help. So factions start trading rounds. As a cop am I suppose to pick a side? What a nice recipe for both groups to come after me.

There is some irony in the left trying to use Charlottesville as a pretext to go after open carry. First, even if rights are said to have limits, there was no abuse of 2A rights at the event. No unholstering and brandishing or threatening others with firearms, and certainly no use. Second, in trying to take away the right to open carry, implicit in this action is that the state will protect you instead. Well the state pulled back and watched the melee build. The state doesn't care about your defense. The state cares about order and retention of power when it's over, and at this point, you, your family, or your friends may be injured or worse.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That wasn't a red flag that popped out the muzzle.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-28-at-9.43.37-AM-500x256.png

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

That wasn't a red flag that popped out the muzzle.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-28-at-9.43.37-AM-500x256.png

Not sure what record you're correcting in citing an August 24 post when the above wasn't generally known. Later in this thread (and in the Charlottesville one), I and others have talked about the shooter, from Baltimore area.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom