• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Blue Force Gear VCAS, Vikings Tactics VTAC, and the Sheriff of Baghdad slings are the only ones I'd recommend. I had a Magpul MS3, but there was nothing "quick" about its quick adjust, and I never used the single point option any way.

I don't jump on all stuff tacticool, but the three above that I referenced were all designed by ex-Delta guys. They work, and not without good reason.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I got a Colt 6920 Magpul edition recently. I hate the standard sling. I have been reading about slings but not sure what to get. I don't see the point in a 1 point sling for me, but could be wrong. I don't know the advantage of a 3-point sling. The QD sounds nice etc.

What do you use and why do you like it?

Tried single-points, but found they didn't secure the rifle well enough for my liking. For ARs, I only use 2-point slings. With these, you can carry various readies, barrel down in front (right shoulder/RH), or barrel down on back (left shoulder/RH).

For hunting, I use several Vero Vellini models to hike in and out with traditional hunting rifles. These also reduce shock well when climbing/descending. Don't use them much for shooting, although the Vero "Tactical Two-Point" is a great compromise between comfortable carry and shooting aid. Have one of these and do use it for black rifle hunting.

Use a Tab Gear Elite for hauling my big rifles, particularly in the mountains. These are also good precision shooting slings.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    What are you going to do with the sling?

Some slings are designed to carry the rifle over the shoulder. Only.

Some, like the M1907 style can also serve to stabilize the rifle when shooting.

Others, like the single point and some 2 point are designed to carry the rifle in a ready to employ fashion.

Different slings for different uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom