• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Reciprocity with other states would be significant for those folks traveling to FL. This would effecetively allow FL permit holders to drive from VA to FL without having to put their firearm in the glovebox when in SC.

Hope it passes.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Nice! Fingers crossed it doesn't end up like the NH bill once it hits the Senate. Of course NH was struck down by the Governor instead of an @sshat Senator.

SC governor Haley will most likely sign it, unlike the NH governor. We'll see where it goes but it'll be a big accomplishment considering how backward SC has been about public carry. There may still be forces opposed (and yes, they may be GOP) who'll try to derail the bill.
    One of the big kickers for non-residents has been the resident permit only reciprocity. This appears to accept all non-res permits.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Reciprocity with other states would be significant for those folks traveling to FL. This would effecetively allow FL permit holders to drive from VA to FL without having to put their firearm in the glovebox when in SC.

Hope it passes.

Even opening it up to allow MD (and other iron curtain states) residents to carry on a FL permit, for example, would be a great thing.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's what I meant. I didn't word my post well. Yes, MD residents carrying on a FL NR permit could carry from VA to FL with no issues.

sorry

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    "Kansas recently passed legislation making it the sixth state to have constitutional carry (where people who may legally own guns have the right to carry them openly or concealed)."

All of America already has constitutional carry, all 50 states but unfortunately most states don't like it so they make criminals out of everyday citizens who are unfortunate or careless enough to get caught exercising our basic right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I'm amazed at how the "KEEP" part of the second amendment is taken seriously while the "BEAR" part of it is ignored by what seems like a large majority of Americans.

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Nobody says we the people don't have a right to own(keep) guns. But when you bring up the fact that we the people also have a right to carry(bear) arms people get their panties all in a bunch. Why do we have the "keep" but not the "bear" when clearly it says "the right of the people to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, shall not be infringed."?
    I guess I'm confused, or maybe most other people are confused?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    "Kansas recently passed legislation making it the sixth state to have constitutional carry (where people who may legally own guns have the right to carry them openly or concealed)."

All of America already has constitutional carry, all 50 states but unfortunately most states don't like it so they make criminals out of everyday citizens who are unfortunate or careless enough to get caught exercising our basic right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.
    :thumbsup:
    I'm amazed at how the "KEEP" part of the second amendment is taken seriously while the "BEAR" part of it is ignored by what seems like a large majority of Americans.

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Nobody says we the people don't have a right to own(keep) guns. But when you bring up the fact that we the people also have a right to carry(bear) arms people get their panties all in a bunch. Why do we have the "keep" but not the "bear" when clearly it says "the right of the people to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, shall not be infringed."?
    I guess I'm confused, or maybe most other people are confused?
    :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom