SB387 "Public Safety - Untraceable Firearms" - The Ban on Private Firearm Making

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'm going to sit back and stop worrying about this atrocity of a bill.

I won't be concerned if an intelligent individual used the MD Real Property Data Search to generate a list of Polymer 80 owners.
    https://sdat.dat.maryland.gov/RealProperty/Pages/

And then used the ATF Website to generate a list of local FFL Dealers:
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/listin...te_month[value][month]=3&field_state_value=MD

Parsed this list and searched the appropriate sites to obtain their FFL Numbers...
    (Exercise left to the reader)

And then submitted 100 Trillion valid self registrations to the MD self registration Website.

Of course a little bit of scripting and perhaps Perl Regex would be required. As well as an intelligent VPN transfer agent for each registration.

I doubt there are more than 10 or 20 folks on this board that could setup a script to do that. It might take a few days to hit a billion registrations. I'm sure the bottleneck would be in the switching time for the VPN. If the user actually pwned a network of machines the process could be distributed.

I really don't think any system Maryland's State Police built could differentiate this data from human data entry.

(posting for a friend)

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009

I won't be concerned if an intelligent individual used the MD Real Property Data Search to generate a list of Polymer 80 owners.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/listin...te_month[value][month]=3&field_state_value=MD

Parsed this list and searched the appropriate sites to obtain their FFL Numbers...

And then submitted 100 Trillion valid self registrations to the MD self registration Website.

Of course a little bit of scripting and perhaps Perl Regex would be required. As well as an intelligent VPN transfer agent for each registration.

I doubt there are more than 10 or 20 folks on this board that could setup a script to do that. It might take a few days to hit a billion registrations. I'm sure the bottleneck would be in the switching time for the VPN. If the user actually pwned a network of machines the process could be distributed.

I really don't think any system Maryland's State Police built could differentiate this data from human data entry.

(posting for a friend)
    That's funny AF and very doable.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

(posting for a friend)

Perl? Really, dude? Perl?

Everyone in MD is a poly80 owner, right? 1000 times over...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    lol

(posting for a friend)

ok snorted coffee. lol. Then I went Hmmmmmmmm...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    At a certain price point it becomes less expensive to just purchase a stripped serialized lower or a serialized frame. That's the most they will be able to charge most people. If I can get a stripped lower for $80 I'm not paying someone to serialize my home milled lower for $100.

I will toss all my unserialized lowers and frames in a box and dump them on North Ave..
    This. I was looking at a deal on a 3 pack of blem stripped lowers, and for the price, it's probably going to be cheaper to just go that route.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    This. I was looking at a deal on a 3 pack of blem stripped lowers, and for the price, it's probably going to be cheaper to just go that route.

PSA has a three pack blem deal right now. Any industry partner have their FFL on file with them? Cost to handle transfer?

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Less than 30 days IIRC. I think mine took about 3 weeks 4 or 5 years ago.

I’ll admit as a couple people have mentioned, I grabbed some stripped lowers to replace some stuff. First time I’ve actually used my DC letter for the first time. I’ve never bought more than 2 regulated firearms at once in the past.

As a hot tip if anyone is looking for Glock frames, rifle supply has them on sale. https://riflesupply.com/OEM-Glock-Frames_c_1195.html
    I miniaturized my DC letter to fit in my wallet, got a giggle out of MD Elite firearms.
    35ae04815e7c140ba9c5c194028c4ccb.jpg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    So destruction is the only viable option?

-Item(s) gets engraved
    or
    -Item(s) gets dispossessed

Willful noncompliance is criminal and punishable by up to two years imprisonment and fines per item.

The drug war is being backed up by a reinvigorated war on guns.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Less than 30 days IIRC. I think mine took about 3 weeks 4 or 5 years ago.

I’ll admit as a couple people have mentioned, I grabbed some stripped lowers to replace some stuff. First time I’ve actually used my DC letter for the first time. I’ve never bought more than 2 regulated firearms at once in the past.

As a hot tip if anyone is looking for Glock frames, rifle supply has them on sale. https://riflesupply.com/OEM-Glock-Frames_c_1195.html

Thanks, $150 for a colored and/or cerakoted G34 frame, I just might change up my go fast gun … it’s a hobby and not their theoretical revolution.

I can’t wait to see their stats on the amount of handguns in MD in a year or so lol.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I can’t wait to see their stats on the amount of handguns in MD in a year or so lol.

Those of us on MDS may be overestimating the number of people with homemade firearms. It's a niche hobby within a niche hobby within a minority of the MD population. And for criminals, a stolen gun still probably costs less than the bill of materials to complete a Poly80.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Those of us on MDS may be overestimating the number of people with homemade firearms. It's a niche hobby within a niche hobby within a minority of the MD population. And for criminals, a stolen gun still probably costs less than the bill of materials to complete a Poly80.

I’ve helped run the MSI booth more than once next to JSD Supply at the Nation’s Gun Show in Chantilly. I’ve watched them run out of kits to sell and they’d run out of G19-sized kits by midday Saturday.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I’ve helped run the MSI booth more than once next to JSD Supply at the Nation’s Gun Show in Chantilly. I’ve watched them run out of kits to sell and they’d run out of G19-sized kits by midday Saturday.

Definitely all being sold to minors and criminals

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom