• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    just sent...

How is it, when you are supposedly representing the interests of Marylanders, we instead get the inane garbage that is tonight's deliberations?

Instead of trying to put bubble gum and duct tape on the train wreck that is SB281, you accept that it was a bad bill to begin with, and honor the rights of your constituents?

I applaud those who are standing up for something resembling sensibility--and particularly Sen. Brochin, who has had a difficult time coming to these conclusions--but please... in the name of all that we stand for as Americans... kill this monstrosity now.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Anyone else furious they're arguing about which "classes" of people to strip of their 2A rights without due process based on their perception that they will commit a futurecrime?! The damned mental health professionals testifying for the state's psykes said there was NO way of accurately predicting future violence based on a mental illness and stated that schizophrenics actually have an inverse relationship to a propensity for violence. She claimed violent acts by mentally ill people happen when a "perfect storm" of variables happen, and we're still unable to accurately predict that.

I still wonder how it would go over if someone proposed that they ban gun sales to blacks because of being 7 times more likely /100,000 to commit gun violence than whites.

Where is the person in the room advocating for LESS gun infringement to allow lawful individuals to defend themselves against all threats, mentally ill or otherwise?

"the patriot" was on last night on BBC(which i personally found ironic and amusing). After watching it, I brushed up some on my american philosophy and history related to the revolution. The stamp acts, intolerable acts, declaratory act, the Writs of assistance, john locke, montesquieu, "common sense", Christopher Gadsden, ...and on and on. Just thinking of what this country was founded on and what these idiots are arguing about(which americans to strip of rights based on their perception of danger from these groups of people....without due process and with "guilty until proven innocent" and the burden of proof on the citizen and not the govt)....it's just infuriating.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    They are on email right now, or at least some if them are. Email away...and remember to be respectful :)

Sent. I told them as a gunsmith it's not fair that I can't even own the guns I work on. Mental health is the big issue in saving lives... let the bill die!

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    I need an email to someone in the room...

They don't mention at all that the "peace officer" includes paramedics.... I've started dozens of EPs in my 18 years working in MOCO... I tell the cop he needs an EP, guess who's in bracelets going for a ride because I say he's a danger to himself or others...

Anyone have one?

Cheers,

Doc

P226RN

Not your average girl
    Jun 28, 2010
    not much changed since last update but there it is

SB-281 Amendments

Muse amendments:

1. change training from 8 hours to 4 hours
    2. change fee for license from $100 to $50

Frosh amendments:

1. some housekeeping amendments - DEFERRED
    2. changes copycat AW to two-feature instead of one feature - ADOPTED
    3. adds RR police to exceptions
    adds posession by FFLs as an allowed exception to AW posession
    excepts retired LE to receive an AW transferred by LE agency - ADOPTED
    4. no need to re-register AW's purchased as regulated firearms - ADOPTED
    5. licensed fireamrs manufacturer can continue to posses and transport AW's
    retired LE would not have to get a handgun qualification license or training
    exemption for training for firearm instructors - ADOPTED
    6. records check housekeeping (MSP would handle submission to repository) - ADOPTED
    7. clarifies how MSP would handle application, format etc.
    firearms instructors would not have to take training course
    renew requirement and fee $20 no-retraining, no re-firgerprinting - ADOPTED
    8. replacement process and fee $20 for lost or stolen cards AMENDED TO SHALL UNLESS
    OTHERWISE DISQUALIFIED - ADOPTED
    9. housekeeping
    adds 5.1.3.3(b) (c) takes out prohibition about ammo posession of minors (sort of) - ADOPTED
    10. mental health prohibitions for a firearms application re voluntary admissions - BROCHIN AMENDMENT RE VOLUNTARY ADMISSION REMOVE 30 DAYS AND ADDING ADMISSION VIA AN EMERGENCY ROOM - MUSE AMENDMENT TO PULL OUT VOLUNTARY ENTIRELY UNTIL IT IS STUDIED FURTHER - BROCHIN CHANGES TO PULL OUT ENTIRELY UNTIL STUDIED FURTHER - SHANK AMENDMENT TO REQUIRE A MENTAL DISORDER THROUGH HEALTH ARTICLE 10-622 PROCESS - GETTY: MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL TESTIMONY IS TO REMOVE VOLUNTARY ADMISSIONE ENTIRELE AND SUGGESTS PROPOSING SOME LANGUAGE TONIGHT AND GIVE THAT LANGUAGE TO THE MENTAL HEALTH TASK FORCE TOMORROW
    11. mental health facility would be required to report to NICS - DEFFERED
    12. clean up of mental health professional registration requirement that was no longer valid - DEFERRED
    13. housekeeping about access to records for relief process - DEFERRED
    14. changes agency to report to nics to corrections instead of MSP - ADOPTED
    15. changes CCW training to 16 for initial, 8 hours for renewal - ADOPTED. AMENDMENT FROM BROCHIN FOR SHALL ISSUE FAILED 5-6
    16. shotguns and rifles have same mental health disqualification as regulated firearm
    17. add exemptions to training for CCW for retired LE, retired military and certified
    firearms instructor - ADOPTED

18. MSP can give a handgun qualification license if you get a CCW permit - ADOPTED

So basically what you have now (and before oct 13) will not require registration. but future purchase of so deemed Assault weapons are banned and future regulated firearms will require the permit process and training.

Did I get that right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom