• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Ease up - they're tearing the bill apart with the argument that it over prohibitive
    These little xchanges are justification for voting no. Muse worried me with the amendment to lower the license fee - that's groundwork for voting yes.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Just sent this -

Please oppose this bill. I'm listening live and it's so confusing with so many ammendments that nobody seems to understand or had a chance to review to make an informed decision.

Passing this bill as is, with all of these ammendments does the citizens of Maryland a huge disservice.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I am hearing stuff being said from emails we sent and posted here. Some of them DID listen to us!

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    As far as the Death Penalty being pro-criminal --

I need to say I am against the death penalty. This stance is for common sense reasons. Saving money.

From Fox News ...

"An Urban Institute study of Maryland ... . Since 1978, the cost to taxpayers for the five executions the state carried out was $37.2 million dollars — each.

For the Trial alone, a single death-penalty trial cost $1.9 million more than a non-death-penalty trial".

I don't care how you put them up , room, board and medical care for an inmate can not cost more than 2$ millon for the rest of his life. After that - every $ saved can be used for something useful. Some of that prison for life time money will give people jobs, owners of business that supply everything from food to lightbulbs will earn a bit extra too.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/27/just-cost-death-penalty-killer-state-budgets/#ixzz2LZBNzkOo

careful i smell bs on those numbers. in any case if true you just decline to ask for the death penalty. You do not need to outlaw it.

Also you can use it to plea bargin to a conviction which you can't do if its outlawed.

So even if true it does not justify the current proposed law and it is likely Bs.

Update
    first bs fail to correct for the corelation between trail complexity and death penalty
    sec failure to identify that the special treatment of death penalty trials is not a function of the death penalty but the laws surrounding its use created by its oponents. So first they drive up costs andvthen use those costs to justify the oposition which caused the inrease costs.

Failure to consider that the cost of handleing death penalty imates may not be much higher than non DP imates once you correct for the disipline proplems of life without parole.

And what makes anyone think the maryland inst of anything is not rigged. May try and find the study.

O'malley Hard on Guns. Soft on Crime.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Forehand wants voluntary down to 15 days; Frosh claims anything that requires a lengthy voluntary admission means you have a serious problem and you should never own a gun...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I do not agree with them that 30 days involuntary should automatically disqualify you. You can be sent against your will for something that is entirely non violent like depression or anorexia.

That's a huge problem. Not to mention there is no restoration process.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    There needs to be a way to get the rights back. It seems many people there think its crazy that there is not one in this bill. I dont think they realize there is not one now.

P226RN

Not your average girl
    Jun 28, 2010
    they are probably going to block my email soon. I have sent over 10 emails to the JC in the last few minutes. and I am not stopping there more on the way.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    for all the new people on here who say this makes them sick.....

THIS HAPPENS IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER EVERY YEAR ... we had the same crap going on last year, we were all here listening to this crap.

This time it is just more encompassing and has a national spotlight on it.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    What a mess

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      23.1 KB · Views: 340
    I do not agree with them that 30 days involuntary should automatically disqualify you. You can be sent against your will for something that is entirely non violent like depression or anorexia.

You can't be held for more than 72 hours unless you present an imminent danger of death or serious physical harm to yourself or others. Rigidly enforced - I do that kind of stuff for a living.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom