• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Savior4116

Aug 20, 2012
    MoCo
    I'm sorry if it's been discussed already.
    What about our 20+ rd magazines, that we bought out of state and are legally owning.
    Are they "Grandfathered" in to law? Or do I have to get rid of them before October 1st?
    Thanks

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    It is the same as it currently is with 20+ round magazines. You can own them, buy them out of state, use them, whatever. You just cannot buy, sell, trade, or give away within the State of Maryland.

ericgunn

Feb 21, 2013
    I just got an email from NRA and it mentioned you couldn't transport them. Anyone else get that? I believe they are mistaken.

Savior4116

Aug 20, 2012
    MoCo
    I'm "Ass"uming. We can keep what we have (grandfathered into new law)...Correct? As long as you possess proof of purchase before 10-1

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'm "Ass"uming. We can keep what we have (grandfathered into new law)...Correct? As long as you possess proof of purchase before 10-1

No, no, no. The law does not saw anything a out procession. You can still go out of state and buy 10+ magazines after 10/1. You won't need to prove anything.

ericgunn

Feb 21, 2013
    10-4 thanks for the clarification. I didn't think there was a problem transporting them but when I got that email from NRA it had me puzzled.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I just got an email from NRA and it mentioned you couldn't transport them. Anyone else get that? I believe they are mistaken.
    Not so
    No
    Wrong!

If I recall correctly the new mag law is exactly the same as our current law, except its 10+ now.
    Correct.

Lots of misinformation here.. niftyvt is right!
    Come October 1, you cannot assemble, buy, sell or trade any magazine with more than a 10rd capacity in MD.
    You can go to VA or any other state and buy any mags you want. Possession or use is not, repeat not, banned.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I love how NBC4 nightly news a couple nights ago said that the bill said you could not put more than 10 "bullets" into any "clip" come October 1. The misinformation continues....

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    I think you mean manufacture. You can disassemble, clean or repair, and re-assemble any legally owned mags.

Just order your mags from 44mag.com as a parts kit and assemble over the border so the fvcking spooks and drones don't see you do it in Maryland.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I think you mean manufacture. You can disassemble, clean or repair, and re-assemble any legally owned mags.

Just order your mags from 44mag.com as a parts kit and assemble over the border so the fvcking spooks and drones don't see you do it in Maryland.

Correct.. poor choice of words by me. As far as ordering the kits... I think it's ok, but there are some who don't and it is walking a line...I'd prefer just to drive to VA and buy what I need there.

I was answering the first part of the question specifically, so I'm not wrong; he can keep his "grandfathered" magazines. I don't care if he keeps a receipt of purchase, it doesn't matter.
    But by only saying yes, you agreed to him needing to have receipts, intentionally or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom