• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I received a phone call from Suzanne White, assistant to Del. Carol Krimm, who wanted to know what is going on with all the emails and where is this coming from. I didn't give mdshooters away, but said an "online bulletin board". I told here for sure we all members of the NRA and MSI.

I had nice 9 minute conversation with Ms. White. She said the bills sounded like a good idea and I explained the problem with the secret No-Fly list and it's problem with Due Process. I added how the San Bernardino terrorists were not on the No-Fly list.

She things the bill will stay "drawed" and I told her I think the Speaker of the House might pull it out at the last minute to slap Hogan. She said she'd take what she learned back to Del. Krimm. I wonder.

Keep in mind they WANT us to think this is the no-fly, and that there is recourse. This monstrosity specifies the Terror Watch List, which is even more secretive, and NO recourse... but just as flawed.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Keep in mind they WANT us to think this is the no-fly, and that there is recourse. This monstrosity specifies the Terror Watch List, which is even more secretive, and NO recourse... but just as flawed.

It's also a much larger group. The "no fly" is a smaller subset of the "watch" list.

Brought to you by the dept. of possiblefuturecrime.

In political reality, I wonder whether they're debating not the merits, but just the political hay they can make by passing something that sounds good to the casual observer but that Hogan might veto. Or because they need to support Van Hollen.

If I were Hogan, I'd be preparing for a grand veto speech, bringing up mom, apple pie, and the American Way, and exposing Mikes Miller/Busch for their political bs over serious issues.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It's also a much larger group. The "no fly" is a smaller subset of the "watch" list.

In political reality, I wonder whether they're debating not the merits, but just the political hay they can make by passing something that sounds good to the casual observer but that Hogan might veto. Or because they need to support Van Hollen.

If I were Hogan, I'd be preparing for a grand veto speech, bringing up mom, apple pie, and the American Way, and exposing Mikes Miller/Busch for their political bs over serious issues.

Are you serious? This is 100% about supporting Van Ballin.

This is the only issue (so far) that unites the ACLU and the NRA on the same side of a lawsuit.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Mike McCarthy Miller
    & Mike McCarthy Busch
    Turning Maryland
    into McCarthyland

Mr H

Banana'd

Nothing I haven't said or thought...

The fact that "Candyman" Van Hollowhead was the lead presenter for SB1040 in front of JPR sealed it for me that this is all a campaign stunt, in addition to the usual political theater.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

Terror Watch list and the No-Fly list I thought were one and the same. See why I don't want to volunteer to be a spokesman? I think she figured out what I meant...I hope.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Terror Watch list and the No-Fly list I thought were one and the same. See why I don't want to volunteer to be a spokesman? I think she figured out what I meant...I hope.

asked and answered

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Nothing I haven't said or thought...

The fact that "Candyman" Van Hollowhead was the lead presenter for SB1040 in front of JPR sealed it for me that this is all a campaign stunt, in addition to the usual political theater.

You mean THIS 'Candyman' Van Hollowhead ?

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    Spinets from the email just sent using the AGC legislator list. hope it's complete.

It has come to my attention the Leadership is pressuring you good people in passing this awful Bill.
    Ask yourself why? Who's political career is advanced ?
    You've heard the testimony. The Terrorist Watch list is a Secret Government List.
    Where have we heard that before ? Nazi Germany. USA-McCarthyism
    Suppose you or one of your own was placed on a secret government list which deprived them of a Constitutional or even non-Constitutional right ?

Suppose we say if your on the Terrorist Watch List you shouldn't be allowed to vote ?
    Wouldn't want to elect a bunch of terrorist to the Legislature.

How about if your on the Terrorist Watch List you cant have a drivers license ?
    Wouldn't want that person running over innocent pedestrians for Jihad.

How about if your on the Terrorist Watch List you can not receive government benefits ?
    Why should we feed, cloth, house, and educate a Terrorist ?
    Wouldn't that be the MD Legislators aiding and abetting an enemy of the US. ?

And Finally. How much money have you budgeted for the lawsuits ?
    Oh there will be lawsuits. Remember, you only have to be wrong once.
    Deprive someone of a Constitutional right and the lawyers will crucify you mercilessly.
    How will you explain that to your constituents ?
    There is a reason the Feds and state of New Jersey have taken no action.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I received a phone call from Suzanne White, assistant to Del. Carol Krimm, who wanted to know what is going on with all the emails and where is this coming from. I didn't give mdshooters away, but said an "online bulletin board". I told here for sure we all members of the NRA and MSI.

Attachments

• We The People.jpg
      We The People.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 202

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    Very thorough!

I'm sure our critters will miss the point, though. Most of them are little more than Legislative Lemmings.

Pressure needs to be brought on their image, their reputation, and their electability.

Have any ideas?
    :)

-m

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Don't feel bad. Many of our elected representatives and their witnesses, whose job it is to know, don't.

Mr H

Banana'd
    IMO, that's the reason for the shell game. I can only imagine the thrills that Mike&Mike felt when Brussels was bombed.

Now, we have to look for special attention (aka cheating) by using the Rules Committees, and the black magic of 'calendar' and 'legislative' days.

UPDATE:

Both the House and Senate are running with 2 'legislative' days to spare.

It's pretty arcane, but this would allow multiple 'readers' of bills on the same calendar day, when the rules state they have to be heard on separate 'legislative' days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom