SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

I in no way can speak for Mark & Team. But regardless of any partners or not for This Case, MSI has multiple other active cases, and long list of prospective additional cases.

Donations to MSI Legal Fund are needed for foreseeable future, and 100% go strictly for the Cases.

The complaint is signed by Mark, presumably as lead counsel of record (COR).

How fitting that a woman, as lead plaintiff, joined by two more women co-plaintiffs, will be taking down all those Mommies.

Cry Moore.

Last edited:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Why aren't they challenging ALL of the law but just a few of the places that carry is prohibited?
    I'd say they are challenging the meat of it. The blanket ban on carry, the alcohol ********, the hospital ********, and the existing DoT and state park regs. Most of the rest of SB1 was administrative type changes to requirements placed on MSP etc.

I do not see a challenge to the fee increases which is a little disappointing but I'm sure there is a reason. This may just be act one to try and halt the worst bits then follow up with another complaint against other provisions. Or maybe not. I'm not Mark nor a lawyer

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have no more info, but MSI has filed suit
    Fox 45 mentioned MSI bringing suit on the news last night. They of course led with the NRA filing.
    Has anyone gotten any mention from the NRA of this prior to the news release. I am a life member and don't recall any.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    But it became law by default last last week. His signature doesn't mean anything unless it is to add him as a defendant?
    No, it didn't. I posted the enrolled date and surmised it was sent to him on that date. It was actually delivered to his office days after it was enrolled.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    5:11pm last night.

Attachments

• NRA Lawsuit.png
      NRA Lawsuit.png
      371.9 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics