SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    So maybe it’s too soon but where does MSI fit in with the NRA-ILA lawsuit?

Just want to know where to send some cash. I donate to MSI anyway but specifically for this effort.
    Send cash to MSI- they’ve been fighting for us for years. The NRA only comes out for the easy wins so they can drive membership. The folks at MSI truly believe in the cause.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Send cash to MSI- they’ve been fighting for us for years. The NRA only comes out for the easy wins so they can drive membership. The folks at MSI truly believe in the cause.
    The NRA didn’t even want to get in on the Heller v DC case that established individual firearm rights. They just want publicity.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Looks like the NRA just filed suit.

NRA sues Maryland over newly passed gun control laws https://www.wmar2news.com/local/nra-sues-maryland-over-newly-passed-gun-control-laws
    The author of that article didn't even get the first few summary points of what SB1 actually does regarding private property right. :sad20:

The bill also places restrictions on carrying on privately owned property.

• A person wearing, carrying, or transporting a firearm may not enter or trespass on property that is posted conspicuously against wearing, carrying, or transporting a firearm on the property
    • A person wearing, carrying, or transporting a firearm may not enter or trespass on property after having been notified by the owner or the owner’s agent that the person may not wear, carry, or transport a firearm on the property

Holdsclaw50

Oct 20, 2020
    I listen to Gov.Moore answer questions about why he signing a bill that AG Brown says it Constitutional. He is clearly taking advice from a man who doesn't know the law he supposed to have knowledge of. To say that this bill can't be challenge and it will stand is nonsense. I hope they get it right someday.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Wes Moore would say that grass is blue and the sky is green if he thought it would get him votes. He’s the latest and greatest hope of the left at least for now. Maybe he’ll take another page from the epic disasters of Parris and Martin and tax our bath water next.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I listen to Gov.Moore answer questions about why he signing a bill that AG Brown says it Constitutional. He is clearly taking advice from a man who doesn't know the law he supposed to have knowledge of. To say that this bill can't be challenge and it will stand is nonsense. I hope they get it right someday.
    Hopefully the courts will give him a remedial education on the Bill of Rights, and especially on 2A, some time before the bill takes effect on 1 October.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    I have no more info, but MSI has filed suit

MSI joins FPC and SAF:

(H/T @Lafayette, sorry I missed this in your post #3,913 above)

IMG_5949.jpeg

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

I in no way can speak for Mark & Team. But regardless of any partners or not for This Case , MSI has multiple other active cases , and long list of prospective additional cases.

Donations to MSI Legal Fund are needed for foreseeable future , and 100% go strictly for the Cases .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom