SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    EE1D69CC-70F2-4B16-955F-DA439F1F31FB.jpeg

Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Puffing my chest how? LOL You still don't comprehend my post. Your comment here describes the very type of people I was commenting on. You hate cops and their exemptions. I will say it SLOWER for YOU..... YOU people who HATE US RETIREES because we get EXEMPTIONS can go kiss off. WE HAVE NO SAY IN WHAT WE GET. Hate the MGA for doing it, because we certainly have NO SAY.
    Sorry you get butthurt but it's not our fault.
    Would it make you feel better if we DIDN'T CARRY in restaurants? WTF do you want?
    Not once did I EVER say we deserve it and the peasants don't. Geezus fcking christ. Show me anywhere I said that. I'll wait.
    i highlighted it. I am not butthurt. Go swing somewhere else. I do not hate cops and their exemptions, yet here we are. You like to flaunt it though. Instead of helping others who cannot get one you just say I have mine so whatever. I am as pro or more 2A as you, and you know that. Dude, let it go. I already have. you ain't worth the whiskey.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    In my own family we’ve passed down the old African proverb for no generations:

When MDS bull elephants fight only the grass-roots Second Amendment supporters suffer.”

A09F8F58-3542-4F1E-A909-8B3B5A7865E1.jpeg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think this is a really important point. A lot of antis seem to think that the lack of a focused (or successful) fight on many of these fronts - for many decades - somehow establishes their infringements as legitimate. It doesn't. It just means that the constitution got ratified back when virtually nobody would have expected the infringements that came along later, and that for any number of reasons, those infringements didn't get a solid fight until something like Heller came along. Heller didn't suddenly reverse the nation's take on self defense. It was the Bill of Right waking up from a long troubled sleep and being reasserted as written. Likewise Bruen.

I hate that so many places DID get so complacent over the long years, but they did. And the right cases handled by the right people at the right time are dragging us back from the abuse, not "changing" anything. I'd like to see the alcohol thing get Thomas's sharpened quill. We need a Brew-en ruling.
    Because rights often get the old frog in a pot treatment.

That and look at the history of them. Most of the infringements didn’t start happening till after the civil war. The vast majority didn’t start happening till we started getting in to the 20th century and had more concerns about Black people, or Asians, or Italians or insert whatever race, ethnicity, or immigrant group we decided to be prejudice against and were trying to intimidate or felt intimidated by.

To a degree, that’s STILL happening. The Black Panthers tried to go armed in to the California general assembly to exercise the right of peaceful, armed, protest. Just like some groups of protesters did in 2020. And California passed comprehensive carry bans, licensing, etc. because they got scared. Just like many states are doing or have done in recent years when armed protestors have shown up to things.

They don’t go around armed anymore and it scares them that other people do. Because making it illegal will somehow make them safer. They just don’t get it.

But yeah, society accepted a lot of things at the time, because society felt like “well these laws really only target blacks and poors and that’s fine”. Or “Italians and poors” (NY carry law from the 1920s). Etc. then overtime it started targeting everyone except the most well connected. And then it became a problem.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Sorry, this stuff just feels so confusingly written.
    You know this is partially on purpose right? I say partially because the other half of it is the complete ineptitude of the MGA. But they (lawyers) do it to confuse the general public on purpose to establish tricks and holes to "catch" people.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    This is why I left Maryland in 2020 and I should note that WV just cut income taxes 21.25% and still has tax reciprocity with MD. As it is I am saving $2000 a year in income taxes alone. I have a md permit for the record, along with wv and utah. I got tired of all the bs from MGA. I think people need to vote with their feet and hurt the dems wallets as Jefferson county wv is a half hour from Frederick. I still work in md, but not one single dime goes to the state of md due to that reciprocity and have been much happier since moving. BTW. WV now has campus carry which was passed and signed this year.

Do yourself a favor and really consider leaving md. It is the equivalent of east germany in the 1960s.
    I would be out of here tomorrow if I could afford it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Shepherd’s Pie, whisky, and remembering it could always be worse - we could be enduring The Troubles.

Sláinte!

Mrs Biggfoot is a walking internal Irish Civil War .

One Parent Irish Catholic . One Parent grew up Protestant Scots Irish , converted the day before getting married .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom