SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    They don't care if they are sued. They'll happily spend the STATE's money (translation: OUR MONEY) to defend this dog's breakfast of a bill because they lose nothing personally. There should be a mechanism that makes them PERSONALLY liable if malice can be proved.

Agree 100%. They know the state will be sued and most likely lose. Why should they care - it's not their money, it's the taxpayers money that will defend the unconstitutional law. Then when it's overturned they can go out and campain that they TRIED to do something about crime but Trump's supreme court wouldn't allow it. To them it's actually a GOOD thing if the law gets overturned. They can just blame someone else, and their idot supporters will buy right into it. Until these "legistators" are held personally liable for passing clearly unconstitutional laws and spending tax payer money defending them in courtn nothing will change.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Agree 100%. They know the state will be sued and most likely lose. Why should they care - it's not their money, it's the taxpayers money that will defend the unconstitutional law. Then when it's overturned they can go out and campain that they TRIED to do something about crime but Trump's supreme court wouldn't allow it. To them it's actually a GOOD thing if the law gets overturned. They can just blame someone else, and their idot supporters will buy right into it. Until these "legistators" are held personally liable for passing clearly unconstitutional laws and spending tax payer money defending them in courtn nothing will change.
    Howdy Doody said "we prefer litigation". It is a delay tactic.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    But, but, but the Fresh Prince pinky swore and spit shaked on it. That's what got Sen James' vote in committee.

I find it amazing that more people aren't asking the question why is the guy that has proclaimed that he is going to sue if this turd is passed is one of two experts advising the committee as they shepherd this abortion through the process and it still went through as amended?

I'm a simple guy but I don't understand why the FP and/or WaldstreiKKKer consulted with this person and cut out some of the BS but went forward with restrictions that were undoubtedly(?) conveyed to them were unconstitutional and would result in suit being filed?

If WaldstreiKKKer really believed his cosmic ******** why yield on the 100' rule of any place of public assembly? Why leave churches off the sensitive places list but keep private day care facilities (often provided in church facilities) on the list?
    They are corrupt. The "consultation" was just box ticking. They lie and cheat. We know they lie and cheat. They know that we know they lie and cheat. And still, they lie and cheat.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    I'd like to know what the AG (Brown) said.
    They care but it's only because they see how the courts are going. Their need for control is just too great so they and their handlers can't resist seeing what they can get away with. The comment about wishing that the court make up was different reinforces the point that they don't care about the individual rights of law abiding citizens.
    The AG's opinion will say what Bloomberg required it to say. The State of Maryland relies upon the services of attorneys that are paid for by organizations that are directly and indirectly funded by Bloomberg. This includes Everytown, Giffords, MDM and Johns Hopkins University. It's corrupt in my opinion, but it's right out in the open. We can be assured that the AG and the AG's staff did little or nothing to write any AG opinions. Cut and paste from a venture capitalist billionaire's staff.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I love how the fiscal and policy note writes about the ongoing legal troubles in NY from their "updated" law after Bruen was decided.

These fools are tyrants. I almost wish there was societal or monetary fines for them introducing specific laws that are known to be in violation of other laws that preempt them, but I know that would be too crazy of a standard to keep.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    "we removed the unconstitutional parts"

I didn't know they withdrew the bill. Good news!!!
    Upon further review;

I believe our Carrot Topped Boy Wonder is asserting that Bruen struck down the NY law as the broad restrictions did not first apply a "test" so CTBW developed a 5 part test to which he has run thru MD's version of broad restrictions.

"See, we applied a test whereas NY didn't"

And he has convinced his weak-minded remaining 7 of 11 colleagues that it will make a difference.

I think.... is there concurrence?

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I just stumbled across a Delegate Luke something on WYPR Radio talking about this bill and how optimistic he is that it will pass. He also went on and on how we need to do more (yes even more) to combat the rise in gun crime here in Md.

Last edited:

Amontgo9419

Feb 20, 2021
    I just stumbled across a Delegate Luke something on WYPR Radio talking about this bill and how optimistic he is that it will pass. He also went on and on how we need to do more to combat the rise in gun crime here in Md.
    Yet will not mention that an armed citizen held 2 suspects hostage in the shooting of the state trooper in Wicomico Co this week.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I just stumbled across a Delegate Luke something on WYPR Radio talking about this bill and how optimistic he is that it will pass. He also went on and on how we need to do more to combat the rise in gun crime here in Md.
    Because of all the crime caused by permit holders.

They killed Kenny. Those bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom