SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    My Senator is Sarbanes. Trying to talk to him would be like pissing into hurricane winds
    But 5 min to send a short email, wasted time or not, is doing more than half the gun owners in MD have done.

Btw, thank you for "pissing" with us on Tuesday:mdpatriot

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    But 5 min to send a short email, wasted time or not, is doing more than half the gun owners in MD have done.

Btw, thank you for "pissing" with us on Tuesday:mdpatriot
    It was a pleasure. Thank you to you and Katie for all that you guys do. Good to see you again.

swanny06

Dec 8, 2022
    SOMD
    I emailed my Senator today and he/ his aids responded back pretty quick. I told him I work for the Federal Government and have a TS security clearance and if I just happen to be going hunting and get caught with a firearm in " Public Space" I would lose my job and everything I have ever worked for. If it passes, makes no dam sense at all.

I’m in the same boat as you. Sucks for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Mine is Michael Jackson he has all PG county and a small part of Northern Calvert County and that's where I'm at. I still don't understand how he represents part of Calvert
    Same here.
    I have talked to some that had worked with M. Jackson when he was Sheriff, said he is a solid stand up guy, And I believe that to be true.
    BUT- like all democrats and most Republicans,, they will vote their paycheck. They will vote how those holding the purse strings tell them to. Remember, Sen Mike Miller hand picked him and placed in the house seat,, then placed in the senate. Jackson knows the game, and knows who butters his bread.
    He may hold some common sense conservitive values,, but he will "Vote the party"

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Has Waldstriecher realized that if some nut case came into a place of business where he and his family were that it's possible that a wear and carry permit holder just might save his life.
    He has the same mindset as that Georgetown student, several years ago, who felt that he deserved to be mugged.

Who's to say he's wrong?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    So I found the secret thread over in ARFCOM talking about this bill, and others. It was mentioned to me in person, no links on MDS. Great info, I hope it has not been infiltrated, way too much info! Fight Club.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Mine is Michael Jackson he has all PG county and a small part of Northern Calvert County and that's where I'm at. I still don't understand how he represents part of Calvert

1989 or ' 90 or so, I was living in Sunderland, and got a Christmas card from Mike Miller.

" That's strange", I thought.

Soon after, his district grew to include north Calvert.

Had to prevent Calvert from electing a R.

Same way Western MD' s Federal Congressional district " grew" to include a little piece of MoCo.

Just enough to switch it to D. In perpetuity!

Most of MD's congressional districts have a slice of Baltimore.

Gerrymandering at its finest!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The only place Sarbanes represents is Montgomery County. But, yes, he is the United States Congressman for Maryland's 3rd Congressional District.

Isn't Sarbanes federal representation not state representation?

It’s Guzzone. District 13 not 3.

Sorry, I’m getting all of my tyrants mixed up.

Reps are Terrassa, Lanman Guzzone, and that twat Atterbeary. God I hate Howard County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    No . We ask Everyone to communicate with all the Committee Members , on Committee matters .

In their Floor Votes , they are specifically representing their Districts .

In conjunction with their Committee Subject Matter , they are collectively representing the whole state .
    Thanks for this, Biggfoot44. I put together a couple of documents that will help people to easily write to six of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee members.

1. "Write Your Own Emails to SJPC" - This document should be posted in public places where 2A advocates may be found. The document has QR codes that can be scanned and after scanning they create an email to specific members of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee members. Whoever does this can then write an email on their mobile device and send it.

2. "SJPC Pre-Written Emails" - This document has QR codes that should be screened off a computer monitor. They create emails to some of the Committee members that are critical to the Judicial Proceedings Committee's vote on SB-1. When the QR codes are scanned it produces the text of an email that can be sent to the Committee members. Users an edit the text if they want.

Everyone should feel free to share these documents with people that may benefit from them. I am hoping the "write your own emails" will be posted in gun shops, sporting goods stores, clubs and places like that. The "pre-written email" document scans best from a computer monitor.

Thanks to Dblas and Stoveman for their input on these.

Attachments

• Write Your Own Emails to SJPC 20230211.pdf
      130.7 KB · Views: 77
    • SJPC Pre-Written Emails FINAL 20230211.pdf
      379.8 KB · Views: 89

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads