• ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I’m
    I'd h

I'm not arguing for it. I do think there needs to be some type of consumer protection though. Everybody and their momma is a firearms instructor. Some are excellent some are trash. Most students will not be able to tell the difference. I don't have an answer. My initial post was a suggestion on how to make this bill work for the private instructor industry if it going to pass.
    Sorry, with all due respect if you think every Tom Dick and Harry and Momma are getting instructor licenses than your words are reflecting you like it.

Are you Tim?? Just asking

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I'd h

I'm not arguing for it. I do think there needs to be some type of consumer protection though. Everybody and their momma is a firearms instructor. Some are excellent some are trash. Most students will not be able to tell the difference. I don't have an answer. My initial post was a suggestion on how to make this bill work for the private instructor industry if it going to pass.

Md legislation is not going to fix a bad instructor. They will make it so only people with nothing going on for a week can take a class or off duty cops with tax funded certifications have to teach the classes.

Consumer protection comes in the form of places like this calling out terrible trainers and recommending quality trainers, not legislation.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I’m

Sorry, with all due respect if you think every Tom Dick and Harry and Momma are getting instructor licenses than your words are reflecting you like it.

Are you Tim?? Just asking
    I don't think that's what blackstar meant, but I'll let him address that. He is a firearms instructor and he is not Tim.

My read of his comment is that he observes good.and.bad instructors. I'd generally agree. I don't have the answer either. I don't think there should be a requirement for a class to exercise a right. If there is to be such, it needs to be very minimal and as accessible as possible (which will translate into lower expense). Nothing the MD government touches ever squares with this statement, unfortunately.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don't think that's what blackstar meant, but I'll let him address that. He is a firearms instructor and he is not Tim.

My read of his comment is that he observes good.and.bad instructors. I'd generally agree. I don't have the answer either. I don't think there should be a requirement for a class to exercise a right. If there is to be such, it needs to be very minimal and as accessible as possible (which will translate into lower expense). Nothing the MD government touches ever squares with this statement, unfortunately.
    I have been in business for many years and i don't care what other welding businesses do, safe or un-safe. Not sure why anyone business would put themselves as the king supreme of gun stores or trainers.
    Do the best eat your own market share and be happy , why is it my responsibility to make better welding shops all over Md. and the country.
    Are these folks so inclined to show how great the masters are ???

I am glad Blackstar commented it is better than some that created the situation .

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Whoever wrote that letter can go to hell. I'll never take any course he offers, ever. And I encourage everyone else to boycott his services too. Jesus Christ, we have enough problems with the democrats in Annspolis trying to screw us we don't need our own people doing it. With "friends" like this we don't need any enemies.
    :thumbsup:
    And this is the first time in 30 years that his business partner realized that he is a statist bootlicker? I'm not buying it.

The shame of it all is that by either not knowing or looking the other way, it's going to hurt the business.
    :thumbsup:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have been in business for many years and i don't care what other welding businesses do, safe or un-safe. Not sure why anyone business would put themselves as the king supreme of gun stores or trainers.
    Do the best eat your own market share and be happy , why is it my responsibility to make better welding shops all over Md. and the country.

I am glad Blackstar commented it is better than some that created the situation .
    I agree on free market. It is not my responsibility to manage other businesses. People who want this sort of thing almost always have a monetary advantage in mind.

As far as the business side of talking publicly, that will get me fired at either of my jobs. It is specifically addressed in policies that any comments made may not be in the name of the company or in a place/manner that might be judged by a third party to be associated with the company.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I'd h

not everyone is the same. you are falling into the equal outcome trap. Like doctors. eventually the sucky ones will go away. everyone will want to see the good doctors. Another is training instructors at IT schools, even college
    Asking for a friend.. do you have any 1st amendment instructors where I can attend a class? Not the crappy ones but ones that have taken the 40 hour class and 40 hour this and that and has paid out the nose to teach an enumerated right? You know the ones who want to be the only game in town?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!

You got it.
    It’s a big d*ck sucking contest that’s how inclined they are. To be d*ckheads.
    I think it got worse with the tech movement.
    You become the best by being the best and when you are, you don’t worry about what other people do or how you stack up against them. Soon as you start distinguishing yourself the best, someone’s going to come along and knock you back to reality.
    That’s why there are those who go on about themselves and it’s simply an admission of lack.
    When you hear words like I or me, instead of we or us you know who your dealing with.
    More than likely a c*cksucker in disguise.
    That’s the type who will go behind your back distinguishing themselves unnecessarily.
    Or they had all sisters growing up and a wuss for a role model.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I want trainers to take classes for 2A and the entire Constitution and to be a year long with published essays that potential clients can read.
    I want to see these freedom fighters show their love for our country as clean as it started and defend our God given rights and to pass test every year on what our Framers wrote

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    not everyone is the same. you are falling into the equal outcome trap. Like doctors. eventually the sucky ones will go away. everyone will want to see the good doctors. Another is training instructors at IT schools, even college
    Asking for a friend.. do you have any 1st amendment instructors where I can attend a class? Not the crappy ones but ones that have taken the 40 hour class and 40 hour this and that and has paid out the nose to teach an enumerated right? You know the ones who want to be the only game in town?
    My certs have nothing to do with my opinion. My certs don't make me any better than any one with an NRA cert. Your actual skills with a pistol count along with actually being able to teach. I believe there are a lot of people who got into it because of the pot of gold the state created with the restrictions that are in place. Many of them can't shoot, can't teach and or can't coach.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My certs have nothing to do with my opinion. My certs don't make me any better than any one with an NRA cert. Your actual skills with a pistol count along with actually being able to teach. I believe there are a lot of people who got into it because of the pot of gold the state created with the restrictions that are in place. Many of them can't shoot, can't teach and or can't coach.
    And a lot of people don't care, they just want to get through the BS state mandated training and get a permit.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Man this state bums me out so many people willing to give up everything and freedom being the biggest. Sad fact is i will never leave Md. my son is here and we want to be close, getting over the other side of the mountain of life so we want to make the most of it.
    Once i am dead i still will be in Maryland and voting Democrat

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I wonder how many of the follow up for sustainability measures for students who have attended their instructional periods.
    Probably none or very little.
    Training for anything I sent worth much at all without follow up or, accepting feedback intelligently from the participants and correctly implementing what is learned back into a specific process for teaching.
    Most people just want to get through it and very little want to emulate instructor qualifications rarely if ever.
    The only time they do that is after encountering a problem.
    Training and then certification are also two differing meanings in industry.
    Anyone can train, certification is another matter and requires almost always at least in any professional environment the trainer be responsible for what a student becomes involved with after recieving instruction that’s signed off on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom