• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is there a difference between "strictly prohibited" and simply "prohibited"? Always bothered me.

Probably no , sometimes sort of yes .

No difference in legal status .

* Probably * new signs or new text in websites will default to prior practices quickly .

But if they were motivated to indulge security theater , they could refuse admittance/ eject patrons by quasi TSA magnitude over nail clippers and tweasers .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Someone mentioned something about it being city property. Doesn't the city ban carry in all of its buildings under local ordinance? B'more carry restrictions are grandfathered in last I checked.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Someone mentioned something about it being city property. Doesn't the city ban carry in all of its buildings under local ordinance? B'more carry restrictions are grandfathered in last I checked.
    Doesn’t Section 59-5(d) of the Baltimore ordinances provide an exception under the state statute 4-203(b)? Or did I read it wrong?

(d) Exceptions. This section does not prohibit the wearing, carrying, or transporting of a handgun by a person covered by an exemption in State Criminal Law Article 4-203(b).

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I have also had a long day and am cranky. No hard feelings.

TD
    Dude, never hard feelings. We rag on each other and then we have a beer at the next get together. You and I have been here long enough to have the skin needed to be here as long as we have.
    Hope you had a better day, next get together you and I are at, first round is mine.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Is there a difference between "strictly prohibited" and simply "prohibited"? Always bothered me.
    1704833299156.png

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Dude, never hard feelings. We rag on each other and then we have a beer at the next get together. You and I have been here long enough to have the skin needed to be here as long as we have.
    Hope you had a better day, next get together you and I are at, first round is mine.
    Deal

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    You stated "Yes it is defined in the new lesson plans for instructors. I will have to look to find the law but museums are off limits."

The new lesson plan does not equal 4-111.

And while museum is indeed in the statute, a definition is not and again, which what the question was, and my answer to.

If you open a firearms museum, carry is not permitted there. It's not that hard, the new laws do not ban firearms, they ban the carry and transport of firearms in certain areas.
    Okay, I'll bite.

So say someone opens a firearms museum and obtains historically significant pieces of both handguns and rifles to display in said museum, how do they transport them to the said museum?

Moreover, if they change a display and move firearms to other areas to make room for the new ones, wouldn't they be technically open carrying them to said new location of the museum?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Okay, I'll bite.

So say someone opens a firearms museum and obtains historically significant pieces of both handguns and rifles to display in said museum, how do they transport them to the said museum?

Moreover, if they change a display and move firearms to other areas to make room for the new ones, wouldn't they be technically open carrying them to said new location of the museum?
    There is an exemption written into the law for all of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom