• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I don't appreciate seeing the suggestion that Vinny may have gotten a big cash bonus and a "promotion" when you don't have facts. What purpose do you have muddying the waters without researching it?

We don't let them up for air, do we?

R&R, friend, please re-read my post. I never mentioned any cash bonus, salary, or remuneration to him of any kind. Nor did I jump to conclusions. In fact, I don't equate "demotion" and "promotion" in the nonprofit world as always having much to do with money, because "It's not about the money." We were discussing the title and position of "Chairman of the Board," which in the nonprofit world might be the only remuneration and glory they seek, other than its providing contacts and opening doors to other opportunities. It's better to find out what this really means than jump to conclusions about his being fired from a cushy job and being given a "face-saving" role as "Chairman of the Board." That's what would be odd. That's what I was talking about.

I agree that we shouldn't let them up for air. It would be nice to know exactly what is going on in in their organization without relying on their own press release spin. If it's nothing deeper than what was suggested here at the outset, GREAT!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Who is he replacing as Chairman?

Becoming Chairman of the Board in most organizations isn't exactly a demotion. It's the top policy making position and sets the course for the organization. It's just not "day to day" operations. The board hires the executives who handle day-to-day operations and determines their salaries and benefits. It's not exactly "out the door." It could be a sign that the organization is growing and developing more infrastructure.

BOD: http://marylanderstopreventgunviolence.org/about-us/board-of-directors/

Interestingly enough, they have two corporations:

Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence as a 501(c)(4) :http://sdat.dat.maryland.gov/ucc-charter/Pages/UCCSearch/ViewFiles.aspx

Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence Education Fund: http://sdat.dat.maryland.gov/ucc-charter/Pages/UCCSearch/ViewFiles.aspx

Both organizations have the same 8 BOD members.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah and compare that photo to any of you and the other guys on the bricks grinning ear to ear.

Speaks volumes.

And while they packed the JPR hearings in the Senate, only the heads o the organization testified, whereas, we brought just as many, if not more and everyone testified.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Notice the term gun nuts is not used.

Extreme gun rights advocate is an upgrade..

And they are in fact conceding the term rights...

Good job by all.

Also note that in a election year VD needs to chase the money...

That said he does make a better target for satire..

We will need to take that into account.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Waiting for the ACLU folks to be identified as "extreme free speech advocates"...

Well actually they have been...by the right

Ditto on issues like stop and frisk..

The opposition will attempt to demonize us...that's part of the game...they are not neutral..

Now if the press does it...then that's a,foul...but the opposition is not neutral

But this is all they got...and because of how the press is viewing us...they can't risk going to far.

Take a bow Rack.. most of that is your handiwork.

Well done.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Of course I, too, hope that it's a demotion; am merely presenting an alternative interpretation. There is something fundamentally deceitful and untrustworthy about any person or organization who says, "Nobody's trying to take your guns away from you," when you know da*n well they are, they just left the word "yet" from the end of their sentence.

And not detracting from this year's great achievements R&R, as you know. It's just that these people never stop, they just change their names, tactics, and semantics to keep the opposition off balance and win with emotion and razzle dazzle instead of substance.
    Very much doubt it's a promotion. As mentioned, most BOD members at nonprofits are unpaid (very different from advisory boards for entities that make money or a real corporate BOD). In fact, they're often put on the board because they're a big donor/supporter, a relative of a big donor/supporter, or can bring in the money. They're glorified fund raisers. On the other hand, the President and a few other positions in these entities can be paid, have more day-to-day duties (contacting legislators, organizing demonstrations, doing blanket fund raising, etc). They are the face of the organization. VD is shuffling positions because he has either been ineffective as President or they have less money to pay him and he can make more money doing something else. The tone of his announcement, take away the spin, was a treatise in failure.

Unrelated question, for those that know how these things work, is there time for the other side to put referendums on the November election ballot in MD? Just wondering if there may be other strategic value in changing the face of their organization in the short term.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    BOD: http://marylanderstopreventgunviolence.org/about-us/board-of-directors/

Interestingly enough, they have two corporations:

Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence as a 501(c)(4) :http://sdat.dat.maryland.gov/ucc-charter/Pages/UCCSearch/ViewFiles.aspx

Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence Education Fund: http://sdat.dat.maryland.gov/ucc-charter/Pages/UCCSearch/ViewFiles.aspx

Both organizations have the same 8 BOD members.

Thanks. From their website list, they must not update that very often: Mike Pantiledes (R) is Annapolis's mayor. He defeated Josh Cohen (D) in his re-election bid in November, 2013. They still list Cohen as mayor of Annapois.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    .... VD is shuffling positions because he has either been ineffective as President or they have less money to pay him and he can make more money doing something else. The tone of his announcement, take away the spin, was a treatise in failure.

...Unrelated question, for those that know how these things work, is there time for the other side to put referendums on the November election ballot in MD? Just wondering if there may be other strategic value in changing the face of their organization in the short term.

I have to agree with Norton that the MPGV is now gearing up to send two spoons to a fork fight.

Still, vigilance!

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Was Vinnie's move coordinated ???

NY Democrat: 2nd Amendment Doesn’t Matter Because Gun Control Is A Women’s Issue

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) would definitely be at the top. Her interpretaion is that the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms is irrelevant because gun control is a women’s issue. In other words, your Constitutional rights don’t matter so long as liberal women have a problem with it.

“This debate is relegated to the men. It’s about hunting? It has nothing to do with hunting. Nothing in this debate has to do with hunting, and nothing in this debate has to do with the Second Amendment rights. Nothing. … I think — I see the world in the lens of women’s issues. I’m making everything a woman’s issue. I want guns to be a woman’s issue,” said Gillibrand.

Watch the MPGV's 'new leadership' Facebook pages for Hillary's talking points ...

Jen Pauliukonis
    Liz Banach

Last edited:

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Interesting that for two ladies who are now in the public spotlight, I must be "friends" with them to be able to comment on their respective pages?

That's not unusual especially if they are "personal" pages and not one they have for their official capacity. My state Senator is that way but my State representative has an open forum and is pretty good about responding even though we have different ideologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom