• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SEVat

Mar 9, 2015
    Three years ago I moved here from New York. I have been looking for a place to shoot. I have heard of the Sanner's Lake Sportman's Club in St. Mary's County. However, I have also heard that this club has a long history of racial discrimination against African-Americans, and that it continues to do so. I would not want to be associated with a club that is doing so behind closed doors. Is it true?
    there are members at Sanner's of just about every ethnic group so whoever told you that is not telling the truth or they really just do not know! go the Sanner's and print out the form to apply for membership. There is a waiting list but unless you get on this waiting list, you cannot become a member. Membership is open on a first come, first served basis.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    All --

As a longtime (~15 years) SLSC-member, former Club-President, and current member of the Board-of-Directors*, I can attest that we are open to members of all races, creeds, and colors.
    --We have numerous ROs/SOs who include folks who are black, asian, hispanic, Christian, Jewish, male, and female.
    --Our Youth Programs Director is black.
    --One of our Rifle-Range Managers is asian.
    --Our club's instructor-team is selected from the cream of the Club and is extremely diverse, including folks from all races, sexes, and creeds.

Thanks John. I figured there was nothing to the allegations from the OP.

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    So much wrong with this person. I now know everything I need to know about the op. Pretty misguided dude that would try to tear down an organization that does so much for the community.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Oh boy. This got interesting pretty darn fast. What an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    OP doesn't even have the courage to come back and defend his statements.

Classic.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Thanks John. I figured there was nothing to the allegations from the OP.

Trav -- Glad to be able to respond to your question, at least as best as I was able to.

The offer to host you down here at any of our events still stands*. You'll find it to be a very welcoming place.

*And that offer is extended to pretty-much anyone in the SoMD area.

Norton said:
    Classic.

Good point, Norton. That pretty-much confirms the malicious intent of the OP, at least in my opinion. :sad20:

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's

Classic.

Trav -- Glad to be able to respond to your question, at least as best as I was able to.

The offer to host you down here at any of our events still stands*. You'll find it to be a very welcoming place.

*And that offer is extended to pretty-much anyone in the SoMD area.

Good point, Norton. That pretty-much confirms the malicious intent of the OP, at least in my opinion. :sad20:

I'll second that on all points. I have a printout of the thread just in case.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Not sure if this is the same Vernon Gray or not? John or someone else? Name sounds awful familiar to me but I can't recall why.

Not the same. This Vernon Gray is actually Walter V.(Vernon) Gray. Years ago he was a county commissioner and prior president of Sanners.

Newcomer

Nov 14, 2015
    Very interesting responses to simply asking a question. Obviously, a very sensitive issue. Perhaps, I should have approached it differently. I am quite satisfied that the Sanner's Lake Sportsman's Club is non-discriminatory.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Very interesting responses to simply asking a question. Obviously, a very sensitive issue. Perhaps, I should have approached it differently. I am quite satisfied that the Sanner's Lake Sportsman's Club is non-discriminatory.

So who is the real estate agent crowing untruth's?

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    So much wrong with this person. I now know everything I need to know about the op. Pretty misguided dude that would try to tear down an organization that does so much for the community.

Classic.

Don't worry, the OP is only 3% of the population and his 3% and their evil and vile intent to attack what is right and good will always be checked by the III% that are willing to stand up for what is right with our Country, community, society and especially our Gun Culture.

We should be proud that Norton and the folks at Sanner are part of the III% because truth has yet again won the day.

As for the OP's 3%, they'll always be 3% no matter how many troublemakers and assholes join their rank because honest and true people regardless of race, creed or color will always be willing to take a stand and give them a fight.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Not sure if this is the same Vernon Gray or not? John or someone else? Name sounds awful familiar to me but I can't recall why.

When I first read the name, Vernon Gray, I thought Enterprise Newspaper. Seems to me that that name comes up often in the Letters to the Editor section.

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park

Pretty sure your satisfaction is unimportant at the moment. Do have a nice day.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Come on Vernon, you can do better than that.

I do wonder what the going rate is for a defamation of character judgment these days, though, so perhaps you can keep up so that we can all find out.

You do realize that's where you're heading, right?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Desperate times call for desperate measures, I suppose...

Whatever the motivation was for stirring the pot, I hope it was worth it for the OP -- 'cause getting your ass handed to you in public is pretty embarrassing.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

Your satisfaction is paramount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom