• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Wow, really cool. I went downstairs and looked it over. As much as I love Mosins, I hope I really hope to love this Mauser. It is shorter like a M38, shoots readily available 7.62, and was dern cheap. I want to do some work on it and upgrade the sights. I may fool around with it (nothing to make it functionally unsafe) , maybe add a laser, foregrip, flood light, grenade launcher, monster scope. You know, the kool stuff.

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I am going to try this out on Monday or Tuesday Both windage and elevation adjustable at the rear site

Attachments

• image-1584060653.jpg
      image-1584060653.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 201
    • image-2339515043.jpg
      image-2339515043.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 201

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Looks cool. I went downstairs last night and tried to cycle some dummy rounds thru it. About half the time, I can't push the rounds down into the magazine, using clips or hand feed. Then if I get them in, most of the time the bolt slides right over top of them not pushing any into the launch tube. I am going to take the magazine out later on and check the magazine components. I had no illusions a $170 rifle would be perfect.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Melnic, if that sight works, is he gonna take orders?

I got some of the blue training rounds too, might be all I shoot out of mine until I can get a bolt with some decent lugs that will headspace in mine...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

I got some of the blue training rounds too, might be all I shoot out of mine until I can get a bolt with some decent lugs that will headspace in mine...

He can print them up free to anyone here who is serious about using them if its just a few people. You will have to do the fitting part.
    Its printed a tad oversized width so you have to do some light filing/sanding on the sides. The dovetail is tight, but a light sanding on the bottom of the top dovetail and its a nice snug fit. The sight notch, I cut myself to make it flat, but I may have him put a notch in the design.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Boy, I wish the stock sights shot this well. I had to drift the windage a tad and give it just 1/2 turn up to get this 5 shot group. I had taken 4 shots to adjust it then shot 5. I jumped one trigger and shot a flyer but the other 4 were within 1". So calmed down and shot this group of 5. Then took it to 100 and without adjusting shot 5 more before having to leave.
    50 yards on bags 5 shots

Attachments

• image-1255079299.jpg
      image-1255079299.jpg
      63.1 KB · Views: 183

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

ok, now that I have mine working, I can make a set up for you.
    I think I'll have my son make 2 versions of the top to the rear sight for you. One with a slot, and the other with a ghost ring.

You'll have to do a little "fitting" to get it snug though.
    Just PM me your address.

Sirex