• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Anyone own one? Thoughts? I'm shopping for one more evil gun and need another 7.62x39 shooter to round things out. I haven't looked too much, but so far KVAR appears to have the best price as far as today's prices go. http://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7K.html Of course, Cheaper Than Dirt has the highest price I've seen so far. I looked up dirt.com and it has nothing to do with selling weapons or supplies.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    There is no way on God's green earth that I would pay $1200 for an AK pistol, but at least it's milled! That's just me.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I don't think they are on the approved handgun roster and therefore you can't buy an ak pistol in our lovely state, unless you get it sbrd and transferred in I believe...I could be wrong though

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Dah. You could have let me down more gently. :) Back to watching SGLs.

Get it sent to Engage and have them AOW it, then you can have it, but you'll have to pay the ATF their $5 tax stamp.

You can't get an AK pistol, but AOW's are NOT subject to the handgun roster.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Get it sent to Engage and have them AOW it, then you can have it, but you'll have to pay the ATF their $5 tax stamp.

You can't get an AK pistol, but AOW's are NOT subject to the handgun roster.

Ah. Thanks Mark. I'll give Engage a call.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    however, the sa-m7k has no stock nor a provision to be fired from the shoulder...thus it's *NOT* a rifle per federal definition. it's a handgun...and since it's not on the approved handgun roster, it has to be transferred via NFA.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I saw one here in Guam today, they wanted $1700 for it!!! WTF. :lol2: Thanks, I will take the over priced Ruger tactical for nearly 1/2 the cost, yet still over priced. They wanted $2500 for an M1A!

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    The state has a banned weapons list. The state also has a list of firearms that are regulated. Regardless of whether a firearm is a handgun or a rifle, its presence on the list makes it regulated. The state does not regulate firearms that are illegal.

A gun on the regulated list will never make it onto the handgun roster. It will always be regulated unless changed by law.

Too many gun owners are paranoid and forfeiting their legal rights.

This discussion and the legal ramifications are better discussed in a thread on another website.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_29/2...lsandapos___andamp__Detachable_Magazines.html

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Yup. Mark was right. Engage is willing to do it. As mentioned, it involves installing a vertical foregrip. The part that turned me off was the 7-month wait after submitting fingerprints, passport, other paperwork and $5. It doesn't seem worth it to me. If anything, I'll look for a folder. Most likely will just get a fixed stock.

I didn't catch the guy's name at Engage. He was very helpful, but talked very fast. I felt like I was wasting his time every time I said huh, what? Especially after deciding I wasn't interested any longer.

If nothing else, I learned something new. Of course, that's not saying a lot for me in the guns and ammo world. I know very little.

Thanks you guys.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    You can get something that already has been modified from a Class 3 dealer such as Engage or others. It will be cheaper and less hassle in the long run.

When you (or I) move to a more gun-friendly state, then we can buy what we want.

Okiegunner

Jan 8, 2013
    I've had mine for about a month now. Really loud and quite a bit of muzzle blast.

Fun to shoot though.

Attachments

• Warbeast (3).jpg
      Warbeast (3).jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 335

Okiegunner

Jan 8, 2013
    No its not

It is a hand made custom tomahawk. It is a Two Hawks Tomahawk "Warbeast" I posted some other photos of it under the "edged weapons" category.

Serial numbered 6150 Vanadium spring steel. Sharp on three sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom