• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

casmith09

Jul 24, 2012
    Catonsville
    mrjam2jab said:
    What I find interesting about this...FBI says no more print cards...and yet non-residents can still use print cards. ???

A lot of licensing agency are like that. Because we have live scan available and other states may not. I know with healthcare it is the same way for non residence. In those cases they've hired a third party like cogentid

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Part of the issue is Livescan is usually connected to the state CJIS, not the FBI. The connected state agency actually sends the prints to the FBI. This is what prevents interstate Livescan printing from being available AFAIK. Hopefully this will change.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I do believe Skunkwerx has a sticky to that effect at the beginning of this forum.

Yea on how to apply with over 700 reply's that its obvious new applicants are not looking at it. I am talking about a single post that has the FAQ that can be updated. There have been countless post this week with new questions and ones that have been answered over and over and over. Just thought it might help with all the new threads.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Yea on how to apply with over 700 reply's that its obvious new applicants are not looking at it. I am talking about a single post that has the FAQ that can be updated. There have been countless post this week with new questions and ones that have been answered over and over and over. Just thought it might help with all the new threads.

A "How to apply for...." thread that is locked so only Mods can make relevant changes.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    CA4 Motion for Stay

IANAL and I have not read this yet. This is only the Motion, not the two additional files that were filed with it.

Attachments

• CA4WoollardStayRequest.pdf
      125.1 KB · Views: 333

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county

I saw this, but would rather see it confirmed.

Nothing saying they HAVE to grant it...

Will make it interesting, though.

I agree it will be interesting to see the outcome. Do you think the way they rule on the stay will indicate their view on the case? This is what I was initially thinking, but I'm not too well knowledgeable about proceedings like this.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I agree it will be interesting to see the outcome. Do you think the way they rule on the stay will indicate their view on the case? This is what I was initially thinking, but I'm not too well knowledgeable about proceedings like this.

Not necessarily, but then, I'm still learning this stuff!!

I guess a stay can be seen as a "OK, we'll call a cooling off period", or a "Yeah... you might be on to something here", but I don't know that the panel would use it to tip their hand (and of course, I defer to the experts on this one).

So... all math completed?? If I had to put a nickel down on this one, I'd say they'll give it consideration, and likely grant it. Whether it gets granted before the 8th or not is anyone's guess, IMO.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    In ten days or so 99% of this forum will be allowed to carry after applying.

I hope you are right. It's the way things should be. When I first got into shooting I encountered a MSI volunteer at a gun show. For the first 7 years or so I followed the updates with an expectation that things would right themselves. I'm glad to see things on a course that follows the majority of the country. Hopefully Md. will be shall issue like the rest of the 4th circuit, and most of the country soon.

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    Here's the current docket and the States Motion:

07/24/2012 54 DISTRICT COURT UPDATE. ORDER denying [67] Motion to Stay; dissolving the temporary stay entered by Order of March 30, 2012 effective 14 days following the issuance of this order. Signed by Judge Benson Everett Legg on 7/23/2012. [12-1437] (JB)

07/27/2012 55 MOTION by Appellants Marcus L. Brown, Denis Gallagher, Seymour Goldstein and Charles M. Thomas, Jr. to exceed length limitations for motion. Date and method of service: 07/27/2012 ecf. [998904244] [12-1437] Matthew Fader

07/27/2012 56 MOTION by Appellants Marcus L. Brown, Denis Gallagher, Seymour Goldstein and Charles M. Thomas, Jr. for stay pending appeal. Date of action to be stayed, if applicable:March 5, 2012 and April 2, 2012 orders that will be effective August 7, 2012 pursuant to order entered July 24, 2012... Date and method of service: 07/27/2012 ecf. [998904268] [12-1437] Matthew Fader

07/27/2012 57 NOTICE ISSUED to Mr. Alan Gura for Second Amendment Foundation, inc. and Raymond Woollard and Mr. Cary Johnson Hansel, III for Second Amendment Foundation, inc. and Raymond Woollard requesting response to Motion for stay pending appeal [56]Response due: 07/31/2012.[998904304].. [12-1437] (DL)

Note that the Motion is in draft form, pending #55 motion to exceed length. Also notice that Gura has until next Tuesday, July 31, to file a response.

Attachments

• 56-Motion to Stay Woollard Appellant-Defendant.pdf
      125.1 KB · Views: 173

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I love it - just started reading the CA4 Motion.

This Court should stay
    those orders because all four factors required to be considered in connection with a stay application favor entering a stay.
    Pretty sure that Legg did a good job of showing how it did not meet the factors...

In contrast to the irreparable harm facing Defendants in the absence of a stay, entering a stay would neither interfere with a core constitutional right nor prevent citizens from keeping and bearing multiple types of firearms for selfdefense either inside or outside the home.
    Ah, he appears to be inferring the infamous "long gun carry" argument here...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom