• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    She said that they should suspend elections for Congress for two years so that they can focus on jobs.

It's @ 38 seconds in to the audio on this YouTube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-govx9CdOA

To make sure I stay on topic, I will say that I'm in PA, and will be submitting an application as soon as I can get my prints done. I have PA and Utah, just got the ap for Arizona, and will also be submitting that the same time as MD.

Thank you everyone, for all the great info on here.

Just out of curiosity, why did you get AZ? Don't you have to go to AZ to take the class and qualify?

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Just out of curiosity, why did you get AZ? Don't you have to go to AZ to take the class and qualify?

I got Utah for the reciprocity with Nevada. Had a work trip scheduled to NV, and was going to take some time off afterwards and go back to Zion or Bryce Canyon for some fantastic hiking. Then Nevada dropped Utah, I believe because of a lack of live fire in the training. As of now, AZ has reciprocity with NV. BUT, AZ just dropped the live fire also, so it's very possible that they will also lose NV reciprocity. From my understanding AZ accepts the Utah permit as proof of training, so no additional class is needed. I have not applied yet there, as I need prints done. I did just get the app and fingerprint cards from them though.

Getting the NV pretty much means tying up at least a day in NV, and I'd rather not do that. I do expect to get back out there at some point, for work or pleasure, just not sure when.

I also just like the thought of being legal as many places as possible. It sucks that licensees are needed for a constitutional right, but that is the way it is. I also like having multiple permits with overlapping renewal dates just in case I miss a renewal. Here in PA, the LTCF is actually good for 6 months after it expires, in case you do forget, or are not notified, as you are required to be. I am aware I don't want to do that if I do get a MD permit.

Here in PA, I carry as much as I possibly can. I also carry in MD as much as possible, without a carry permit. I'm in a situation where I have leased and private property, bordered by federal park and state forest, so it's a very complicated mess, and I don't want to be on the wrong side of the law. Let me just say that a hunting license can be your friend if your are aware of ALL the game laws/seasons/orange/loaded/unloaded/travel requirements. That is why I have had several very long conversations with the relevant LEO's and their bosses about exactly how to carry as much as possible and still be legal. Most of them I deal with know the laws, and know me, but it's still a risk, as I could always find myself faced with someone from another jurisdiction, that is NOT aware of the laws. And god forbid I would actually need to use a weapon. Two legged critters are always a concern, but through the years, I've had more problems with the 4 legged variety.

(On a side note, never had a problem with them, but I wish you had a bobcat season in western MD, as there are a LOT of them, and some REALLY large ones)

With all that said, I would still prefer to have the MD permit. For the longest time I did not think that would ever happen, but now I'm actually hopeful that will eventually happen.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    esqappellate said:
    He hasn't yet, as of tonight. So, I'll amend that to say that Judge Legg has told them that they will get a temporary stay. Same point.

I'm kinda looking at this as meeting minutes. The AG submitted what they think they heard.

Could it all be true, quite possibly. On the other hand it could be incorrect also. Judge Legg signing off on the draft would be the proof in the pudding.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    :D

I am all for them suspending thier work so we can keep our jobs.
    That would be nice. Unfortunately, they have other thoughts. Remember, these are the same 535 idiots that gave us 2600+ pages that SCOTUS is trying
    To figure out if they can apply severability too.

Ok, so, back on thread topic (I'd hate to see a tangent tree for this thing at over 400 pages), but I guess I will get my app together ahead of the May stay decision. If Legg denies it, mine will be going in for the 2nd wave of apps.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm kinda looking at this as meeting minutes. The AG submitted what they think they heard.

Could it all be true, quite possibly. On the other hand it could be incorrect also. Judge Legg signing off on the draft would be the proof in the pudding.

Recall that the proposed order was a "joint" submission with Gura. So it represents what they are agreed that they both heard.

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    We now have a glimmering of how AG Gansler may attack the ruling by Judge Legg at the Circuit.

In the long timed-out case of Palmer v. D.C., Alan Gura noticed the court of the Woollard and Weaver cases, back on March 8th.

On March 16, D.C. made its response to those cases. http://www.archive.org/download/gov.uscourts.dcd.137887/gov.uscourts.dcd.137887.30.0.pdf It may be considered weak, but it is there, nonetheless.

Of course, on the 29th, Gura noticed Bateman. It may shed more light how D.C. responds to that.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    So what will they argue in Palmer when the 4th ct affirms?

Uh, well, you see, umm, the Supreme Court never ruled that the right extends outside the home, therefore it doesn't!

I love that logic. Clearly, Jim Crow voting laws were constitutional until suddenly they weren't. It's magic, you see.

Last edited:

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    That is really weak. OMG! It's like some kid in a debate class was assigned an untenable position to argue, and then he wrote it the night before it was due.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    We now have a glimmering of how AG Gansler may attack the ruling by Judge Legg at the Circuit.

In the long timed-out case of Palmer v. D.C., Alan Gura noticed the court of the Woollard and Weaver cases, back on March 8th.

On March 16, D.C. made its response to those cases. http://www.archive.org/download/gov.uscourts.dcd.137887/gov.uscourts.dcd.137887.30.0.pdf It may be considered weak, but it is there, nonetheless.

Of course, on the 29th, Gura noticed Bateman. It may shed more light how D.C. responds to that.

Interesting. Nothing unexpected. I especially liked the last argument that D.C. is unique so it gets to ban carry outside the home. Didn't they also argue that in Heller (aka Parker)? In one sense, they are right. DC is unique (or almost so) in its disregard of 2A principles and the right of self defense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom