• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ughhh..Frosh is such an ahole.

“It’s a very radical decision, and I doubt that it will be sustained on appeal,” Frosh said. “I think we have a policy in Maryland that is safe and sane, and the idea that the presumption would be that anyone who wants wants one can walk around with a gun strapped to his hip or her hip is a dangerous one,” Frosh said

Frosh must exercise extreme sphincter control if he ever leaves MD for PA, VA, WVA, or Delaware, surrounded as he would be by unsafe and insane free men.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It will be interesting to see just how many applications MSP gets in by the end of next week.

And how that number will affect both the legal challenges and legislation. Because I think they have no idea just how many people want CCW.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    It will be interesting to see just how many applications MSP gets in by the end of next week.

And how that number will affect both the legal challenges and legislation. Because I think they have no idea just how many people want CCW.

More to the point, how many want the permit whether they carry every day or not.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Wow, lots of good info in here in the past 24 hours.

I'm cautious about applying now, because it's been said before "When it's time, MSI will tell you when to apply." $125 isn't a lot of money, but I'd rather earn interest on it in my savings account if the other option is to donate it to the MSP.

Considering you are probably earning at most, 1% interest, and that isn't even keeping up with the rate of inflation, you are better off to spend it (or at the very least, put it in the mattress).

rob b

c@r collecting
    I called the msp lic division to find out what I need to do step by step
    the first lady said I cant get a permit unless I am with a company ?

I called right back after she hung up on me
    the next lady said that I should wait until it goes thru annapolis before I should apply as not to waste my time/money

what to do- what to do :sad20:

so it seems msp heads are whirling about as of now and noone has an answer

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Don't feel bad..most employers have a no weapons policy.
    That's when I'd go to the boss and say, "the police have no responsibility for my safety and you've denied me the ability to protect myself. That places the responsibility on you and I find your measures lacking."

Then you pack up your office and get a nice unpaid vacation. :rolleyes:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

the next lady said that I should wait until it goes thru annapolis before I should apply as not to waste my time/money

so it seems msp heads are whirling about as of now and none has an answer

You need to get their names when they tell you to not apply, or tell you that you will be denied based on pre woollard law. the woollard case was directly against the state police, if the state police are not complying with the judges decision, then there is a clear violation of civil rights.

A secretary with the state police saying you wont get a permit, is just as bad as a cop taking your camera, or an election worker calling voters and telling them to say home.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Just finished reading the Del response above. While I disagree with his assessment of the HBs value, I gained respect for him. Well spoken and seems like he truly wants the right thing. Hopefully imnot proven wrong. I do still think the bill needs to die.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    You need to get their names when they tell you to not apply, or tell you that you will be denied based on pre woollard law. the woollard case was directly against the state police, if the state police are not complying with the judges decision, then there is a clear violation of civil rights.

A secretary with the state police saying you wont get a permit, is just as bad as a cop taking your camera, or an election worker calling voters and telling them to say home.

1000% agree.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty

so it seems msp heads are whirling about as of now and none has an answer

Get a name and barracks then send the info to MSI. They want to track people who try to discourage/prevent people from applying for permits.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I understand both sides about the HB45 bill but I think we may not like what the MD legislature will actually put up once they are forced to comply with another ruling.

Sure they will be forced to "Shall Issue", but when they do the following it wont be good:

They will likely make the permit good for one year.

They will require the standard MD Handgun Video.

They will likely say the MSP has 9 months to process an application.

They will likely require Live Scan prints ($50.00-$75.00).

They will likely require residency in MD for 1-5 years before application.

They will likley require 12 MD Residents for Reference.

They will likely require an 8 hour class for every Initial Issuance and ALL renewals.

They will likely double or triple the app fees (From $75.00 to $225.00).

They will likely require ballistic sampling for any gun carried (Not the Shell Casing, actuall NBallistic Testing and they will make the applicant pay). This could cost several hundred dollars depending on the lab/Police Department.

They will likley create a second roster of "Qualified Carry Handguns" on top of what we already have. They make many MD Police Agencies do this.

They will likely create new "Off Limit" locations/restrictions.

They will likely require anual qualifications for each firearm carried just like many LEO Agencies do.

They will likely require a Medical/Psych/Rx/Illicit/Alcohol Release Form and make you SWEAR under Penalty of pergury.

They will likely make the process for Instructiors to be "Approved" as a MD Handgun Permit Instructor to be so costly and time consuming the classes will carry the cost to the applicaton. Classes could easily reach $200.00-300.00 depending on how they screw everyone.

Even with Shall Issue they can be a pain in the ARSE. It could eventually cost a person $1K a year to carry in MD, most people cant afford that.
    So you have outlined the points that will be argued in the next lawsuit.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

so it seems msp heads are whirling about as of now and noone has an answer

Typical MSP, they will never give a straight answer on anything. :sad20:

Why would one expect anything different on newly decided case law?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom