• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ElDunco

Jul 21, 2008
    Silver Spring
    Well after a good bit of reading it looks like I'll try and stop by some place tomorrow and get my fingerprints taken care of and try to put my app in.

Had a question regarding it that I wonder if anyone could shed light on. I had a charge that would disqualify me when I was a minor. However the records should have been expunged and if not at the very least sealed. I would imagine this would mean it wouldn't come up in a background check? Any and all opinions are welcome.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    For the stay Gansler wants, doesn't he have to show an important government need to continue rationing a fundamental enumerated constitutional right to law abiding citizens? That seems to be a very high hurdle.

He will get his appeal. I can't see him getting his stay.

If there is no stay during the appeal, what happens to the application / approval process for permits?

Probably down the memory hole. Except of course for the payment.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    instead of arbitrarily throwing money down the drain by donating it to MSP, is there a POC at MSP who we can contact to find out if any procedures have changed? Someone in the licensing division?

Just wondering...

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I met with Del. Dwyer today and he is serious about the issue. So is Smigiel. I'd say send note of your application to them and to MSI.

We are going to track these. We intend to compile a small DB of statuses for future use in potential amicus briefs, etc. And if someone pops and asks the question, "Hey, who do we know who falls under this condition...", we will have ready access to a pool of people. Remember that Ray Woollard was originally found via this forum. We would obviously contact you directly before ever considering a release of personal info. Think of it as a judicial match-making service. ;)

Why is he still trying to pass HB45?

Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010
    Why is he still trying to pass HB45?

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't they still have to do something such as HB45 to remove the G&S portion from the process? (Edit: not to keep it from being applied, but at least to have some sort of official way to remove it, instead of just the rulings of woolard - I am no legal wiz)

Also, if a stay is granted and everything is drawn on and HB45 is PASSED it would make MD's argument null and void, thus still achieving us the winning position that we want?

That is, if HB45 doesn't get some sort of pluggage and cause problems.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Also, if a stay is granted and everything is drawn on and HB45 is PASSED it would make MD's argument null and void, thus still achieving us the winning position that we want?

There is a very real risk that the 4th circuit could reject the case and worse still it could be sent to the lower court and have the original decision declared null.

Then they simply go back and change the law back to what it is and we're back to square one.

Again, this is coming from very competent attorneys advising us, not from me.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Wow... I was going to wait till the smoke cleared... maybe I should do the paperwork.

I pre-filled mine today, and was amazed at how stilted the forms were to "business" need and away from personal.

For the pages that don't apply, what to do? I'm thinking a header of "PERSONAL REQUEST - PAGE NOT APPLICABLE" or some such??

If we collectively think flooding the system will have a real effect, I'll pop for it and get things in order.

Waiting for the wisdom of MSI............

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    I'm still trying to figure out how the rejection will be phrased when I answer yes to 18 (my ma sent me to a psychiatrist about ADHD when I was a kid) and my answer to 25 is loong and incomplete.

Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010
    There is a very real risk that the 4th circuit could reject the case and worse still it could be sent to the lower court and have the original decision declared null.

Then they simply go back and change the law back to what it is and we're back to square one.

Ah, makes sense. Much to many people's dismay, we really are no where near out of the woods yet :(

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco

so if the 4th reject the case what would that mean? free and clear i presume? and don't want to hear anything of the speak your talking about getting nulled lol

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    so if the 4th reject the case what would that mean? free and clear i presume? and don't want to hear anything of the speak your talking about getting nulled lol

if rejecting the appeal because Gansler's case is weak? Good for us.

If rejecting the case because the case has been rendered moot by some action of the MGA? Very bad...as in never again in our lifetimes.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    if rejecting the appeal because Gansler's case is weak? Good for us.

If rejecting the case because the case has been rendered moot by some action of the MGA? Very bad...as in never again in our lifetimes.

So whats the official position on HB45? Drop it?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Last question for tonight... I think...

Does the app HAVE to be submitted at Pikesville, or will any barracks accept it?

PEOPLE, READ THE EFFIN APPLICATION! It needs to be mailed, no other way is accepted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom