• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gfmgp

Oct 19, 2010
    We need a Maryland CCW class like the Utah to get everything done in one place. I think that would get the MSPs attention.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This is incredible, I thought for sure they would at least issue some sort of waiting period! Has anyone heard if they have stayed the order? How long does this whole "stay" thing normally take?

He doesn't have an actual permit. He just completed the application process.

They have 28 or 30 days to file a stay.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I am waiting on the 'ok' to post the place, but I got my whole app completed in ~15 min.. from filling in forms to fingerprints to notary....

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I met with Del. Dwyer today and he is serious about the issue. So is Smigiel. I'd say send note of your application to them and to MSI.

We are going to track these. We intend to compile a small DB of statuses for future use in potential amicus briefs, etc. And if someone pops and asks the question, "Hey, who do we know who falls under this condition...", we will have ready access to a pool of people. Remember that Ray Woollard was originally found via this forum. We would obviously contact you directly before ever considering a release of personal info. Think of it as a judicial match-making service. ;)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I am waiting on the 'ok' to post the place, but I got my whole app completed in ~15 min.. from filling in forms to fingerprints to notary....

took a brief look.. seems its only one page you have to fill out..

where did you ended up getting your fingerprints done?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    We need a Maryland CCW class like the Utah to get everything done in one place. I think that would get the MSPs attention.

We don't have training now. Why would the addition of another unnecessary step to delay your permit be a good idea? Nope, MD says training is not needed now, so let's keep it that way.

I'm all for training but not state mandated training. I don't need a class to teach me how to exercise a right.

Leroi

Feb 16, 2011

Well I know earlier you mentioned possibly going up to Maryland Livescan in Glen Burnie. Is that the place?

Plinkey

Jan 25, 2011
    Baltimore City
    Question: The application pg 13 says: State of Maryland County of __________ but I am getting this notarized out of state, should I simply have the notary cross out Maryland and write the applicable state?

2ndsupporter

Mar 1, 2012
    It will be interesting to see how fast this is pushed thru the circuit court. I can only imagine it will be a LOT quicker than when it's a loss on our side. Especially quick if a stay is not granted.

gfmgp

Oct 19, 2010
    We don't have training now. Why would the addition of another unnecessary step to delay your permit be a good idea? Nope, MD says training is not needed now, so let's keep it that way.

I'm all for training but not state mandated training. I don't need a class to teach me how to exercise a right.

It is just nice to get everything done for the permit in one place. fingerprints,notary,not needed training.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Question: The application pg 13 says: State of Maryland County of __________ but I am getting this notarized out of state, should I simply have the notary cross out Maryland and write the applicable state?

i assume that should work.. but if you live in maryland why not use an instate notary or go to your bank?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    My thought has always been that if the State gives us Open Carry without G&S, but Concealed requiring G&S....we call their bluff.

I will get myself the 8" S&W .500 I've never wanted (in shiny chrome), put on my thongs, a smile and my S&W and head off to Chuckie Cheese's. It won't be pretty.

MD will never prefer OC over CC. It works in other places, not here....and I'm thankful for that as I really don't want that S&W and, well, you get it...
    I see what you did there...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It is just nice to get everything done for the permit in one place. fingerprints,notary,not needed training.

not all utah class does that.. one stop shop deal.. just depending who is training and are they certified to do the finger printing.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    I see what you did there...

See? No S&W .500....
    weird-guy-with-guns.jpg

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I met with Del. Dwyer today and he is serious about the issue. So is Smigiel. I'd say send note of your application to them and to MSI.

We are going to track these. We intend to compile a small DB of statuses for future use in potential amicus briefs, etc. And if someone pops and asks the question, "Hey, who do we know who falls under this condition...", we will have ready access to a pool of people. Remember that Ray Woollard was originally found via this forum. We would obviously contact you directly before ever considering a release of personal info. Think of it as a judicial match-making service. ;)

How about affidavits from people who haven't the money to lose on a failed filing? I would file tomorrow if I wasn't pretty sure they'd throw it away for me...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom