• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    As am I

The MSP already has thown a monkey wrench in the process dated March 1, 2012 (Could have been from the advance notice Judge Legg sent out).

MSP will only accept electronic fingerprints now...

I beleive the MSP electronic fingerprint is more to do with how FBI now wants fingerprints to support efforts to match against their databases then anything else...or at least that is MSP's excuse.

It does seem resonable though and from personal experince of recently moving here, it was the only type they would take in state of Maryland when my wife applied for MD Nursing license.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I first heard about this in VA today on the Rush limbaugh show. He announced it and I about has a heart attack. I thought maybe he went off his rocker again after apoligizing to the crack, I mean birth control whore.

Go team SAF, time to send them mo dollars. :party29::party29::party29:

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    So can we or can we not CCW now?

You cannot unless you can qualify under Maryland's current system. Sometime in the future, you might be able to CCW with a permit depending how this all plays out in the courts. Stay tuned.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Did I miss something when I read the voting poll? I read a post on here saying that the anti's were winning the vote, but the way I read it more people agree that the judge's ruling says that Maryland violates it's citizens right to bear arms. Am I wrong here?

Handgun permit ruling
    A federal judge ruled that Maryland¿s law requiring applicants for permits to carry a handgun to demonstrate "good and substantial reason" violates the Second Amendment. Do you agree?

Yes (1905 responses)

63%

No (1131 responses)

37%

Not sure (9 responses)

0%

3045 total responses

(Results not scientific)

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Not necessarily more 'difficult' as there are a number of electronic scan vendors...

But it WILL be more cumbersome and expensive... just another way of creating hardship for people to do basic functions (like driving, hunting, fishing, flushing...), and 'encouraging' the desired behavior.

A little more difficult for those of us that don't live in MD. :innocent0

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    A little more difficult for those of us that don't live in MD. :innocent0

I believe the bulletin stated that they would continue to accept the old cards from people out of state.

EDIT: Yeah. Here's the relevant bit:

One exception to the above procedure exists. If you are an applicant who maintains a primary residence
    outside of Maryland AND this address is supported by an out of state driver’s license you may continue to submit
    State and Federal fingerprint cards. All other applicants who submit fingerprint cards obtained after March 19,
    2012, will have their application rejected.

c-03003

Sep 6, 2011
    Fort Washington, MD
    I beleive the MSP electronic fingerprint is more to do with how FBI now wants fingerprints to support efforts to match against their databases then anything else...or at least that is MSP's excuse.

It does seem resonable though and from personal experince of recently moving here, it was the only type they would take in state of Maryland when my wife applied for MD Nursing license.

I agree. Our office recently got a fingerprinting machine to be used for required fingerprints for parks department volunteers.

Aug 5, 2010
    Hoboken, NJ
    This is huge. Congratulations, Marylanders. You sure as hell deserve it. I'm hoping the powers that be up here in NJ take strong notice. Since I'm not familiar with your permit process, I'm a bit curious. I've seen some links that say I may apply as a nonresident. First off, if I'm all the way up here by NYC, where's the first MSP barracks I can get or hand in an application? I honestly don't plan to be down that way for a few months, but with a good reason to do so, I may just have to visit my fiancee's family in VA sooner than expected!:party29::thumbsup:

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Finally caught up, for the next 30 seconds until someone else posts...

Could someone very involved in the subject (you know who you are!) please give some guidance on whether it makes more sense to apply or wait for the appeal? Or is this something we can expect in the near future? I see a lot of ideas being thrown around, but unfortunately, I'm not sure who's opinion I should put more stock in!

Also, can we expect any open holster rallies or anything of the sort, hopefully on a weekend so that I can finally attend and meet some of you all?

Thanks again to everyone!!
    Look to the MSI website soon on this point

Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    Did anybody catch this quote from the AG in the fox article?

But state Assistant Attorney General Matthew Fader vowed to appeal the ruling.

“We disagree with this ruling," Fader said in a written statement that noted the "very important implications of the ruling for public safety."

I just can't see Maryland winning this thing if they decide to appeal. Judge Legg's opinion on this is based around so many strong points I can't imagine another judge not seeing the logic behind it.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Did anybody catch this quote from the AG in the fox article?

I just can't see Maryland winning this thing if they decide to appeal. Judge Legg's opinion on this is based around so many strong points I can't imagine another judge not seeing the logic behind it.

This is MD, facts need not apply. They will continue to piss deficit taxpayer dollars up a rope to fail to prove their point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom