S&W trying to stop trigger mods to Sigma?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    I have a glock and would not hesitate to pick up a used sigma. Then again I don't mind spending the 10 minutes to fix the trigger.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    My wife has a sigma, she doesnt mind the 4 football field long trigger pull but its the 15lbs that she doesnt like. I saw people mention that they removed a spring and made the trigger lighter? can someone give me a hint on how to do this? she wants to shoot it but can only get about 50 rds before her finger is too tired to fire accurately.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    My wife has a sigma, she doesnt mind the 4 football field long trigger pull but its the 15lbs that she doesnt like. I saw people mention that they removed a spring and made the trigger lighter? can someone give me a hint on how to do this? she wants to shoot it but can only get about 50 rds before her finger is too tired to fire accurately.

There are several step-by-step Youtube videos on it.

Personally, I like the spring replacement idea better. I heard that if you remove the inner spring and leave nothing in its place, you can have issues. Very recent models of the Sigma have mods done to them (stamping) that makes trigger mods far more difficult, but not impossible.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I took my Sigma out this weekend as I was going to shoot some clays and I thought I would put a few rounds through it at the pistol range while I was there.Ran 4 mags through it - not a bobble - the trigger pull is long but smooth an feels about the same as the Taurus revolver I took with me. I have had this gun for years, shoot it every now and then and it just seems to always work just fine.I bought it used ( it was some sort of PD trade in)and as far as I know it is unmodified just as it came from the factory. No complaints.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Sigma's are good reliable guns with a long heavy trigger pull. It is what it is.
    A sw9ve was my first real pistol so the trigger pull to me was no big deal as I hadn't experienced anything else. I shot many PA steel matches with the gun and did just fine. It has never failed me. The guys that do nothing but bash this gun must of had experience with shorter and lighter triggers before they shot a Sigma.
    Here's an example of what I'm talking about for you experienced fisherman.
    Lets say you start fishing with a 150.00 bass rod and thats what your used to. Then one day you pick up a 40.00 rod from Walmart. OMG it's so heavy and it don't have the sensitivity, bla, bla, bla. Now if you start out with the $40 rod and get used to it because thats what you can AFFORD and eventually move up in quality then you would understand.
    Both rods gets the job done and with practice with the cheaper one it will make you appreciate the better one more. I would even venture to say learning on the lesser rod can help you become even a better fisherman so you can really take advantage of the better equipment.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Sigma's are good reliable guns with a long heavy trigger pull. It is what it is.
    A sw9ve was my first real pistol so the trigger pull to me was no big deal as I hadn't experienced anything else. I shot many PA steel matches with the gun and did just fine. It has never failed me. The guys that do nothing but bash this gun must of had experience with shorter and lighter triggers before they shot a Sigma.
    Lets say you start fishing with a 150.00 bass rod and thats what your used to. Then one day you pick up a 40.00 rod from Walmart. OMG it's so heavy and it don't have the sensitivity, bla, bla, bla. Now if you start out with the $40 rod and get used to it because thats what you can AFFORD and eventually move up in quality then you would understand.
    Both rods gets the job done and with practice with the cheaper one it will make you appreciate the better one more. I would even venture to say learning on the lesser rod can help you become even a better fisherman so you can really take advantage of the better equipment.

Well said

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012

what he said ^^ :thumbsup:

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    My brother has one. He loves it so much that he leaves it at home when we go to the range. I have two glocks but am by no means a "glock guy" and have no qualms in saying the sigma is horrible. Not because its unreliable or not pretty but because that trigger is rigoddamndiculus. If a glock has no personality and a sigma has no personality why would anyone opt for the gun with the worse trigger?

I'm not saying the sigma won't go bang when you want it to, but for a hundred bucks more you can get a used glock. For 200 more, a new glock or m&p. What makes the sigma more appealing than either one of those?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If I could shoot every used gun prior to purchase I would agree with you. Someone at the range had a used m&p. I shot it and it sucked. It felt like it was going to fall apart. God knows what the previous owner did to it.

Cool thing about buying a used gun from a good company. Often you can ship it back to them and they'll repair it for free for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom