• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Pros- cons?
    anyone have one? I shot one the other day and it got me thinking? I dont know anything about them. I have searched, but all I get it the 15/22 rifle.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Search 122000 or 222000 on GunBroker. Also do a search on Nutnfancy / Youtube. He did an extensive review. Mine has been in the endless waiting period for about 50 days so I have have not shot mine yet. From what I've seen on Youtube and heard via other reviews you need to break in the gun with Mini Mags. After that you might get a FTE on very cheap ammo but for the most part far less problems than other .22 LR pistols.

RP

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I've "got" one. I purchased it up at Freestate at the end of March, but while I'm waiting on the MSP background check to get done, I can go shoot it there at the range.

Pros - Full size. Feels like the other M&P handguns. Threaded barrel. Works pretty darn good, I've put a few hundred through it so far, and its very smooth. Love's CCI mini mags, and its also totally fine with Remington and Federal bulk packs as well.

Cons - Mags are hard to find, and expensive when you actually come across them. The only other one (which I think is common to a lot of 22 semi-auto pistols) is that my wife got a few FTEs b/c she was not holding it firm enough and the slide didn't go back far enough.

Bottom line- awesome gun, fun to shoot, good price.

NutnFancy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1c4EhG7kwE
    Here is 22Plinkster's review as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qNMo4u1nRI

eagle-eye78

Aug 30, 2012
    Frederick MD
    I have had mine for 4 months and put around 700 rounds through it.
    Pro's: Eats all ammo I have used (CCI, blazer, federal bulk), Large frame, adjustable sights.
    Con's: Mag's are expensive and hard to find, safety is cheap plastic.
    All in all it is well worth the money. A blast to shoot!

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I also have had one for maybe 6 mo, and about the same amount of rounds as eagle-eye.

Echo the expensive mags--if you can even find them! So far I'm just sticking with the one that came with the gun.

I don't use the safety, so the plastic-ness of it doesn't bother me. :D

I do find that occasionally it will FTL the first round, in which case I just clear and reload. It's possible that my mag-loading skills are sheezy.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I also have had one for maybe 6 mo, and about the same amount of rounds as eagle-eye.

Echo the expensive mags--if you can even find them! So far I'm just sticking with the one that came with the gun.

I don't use the safety, so the plastic-ness of it doesn't bother me. :D

I do find that occasionally it will FTL the first round, in which case I just clear and reload. It's possible that my mag-loading skills are sheezy.

I too have some FTL's on the first round. I have found that it only does it with a heavily loaded (10+) mag. As I take rounds out (pressure off) it seems to work fine. I only have about 100 rounds through it, so maybe it needs to be broken in.

shootmore

Dec 31, 2012
    I have one with about 3k rounds through it. Very reliable and fun to shoot. Easy to disassemble and clean.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Thanks folks. Appreciate the input. Anyone using one as a suppressor host?

Yes I've got one, and yes, I've got it suppressed. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366896171.307920.jpg

I've got 1500-2k rds through it- about 400 suppressed. I love shooting it. It's fun as hell, pretty accurate, and with the sparrow 22 can on it it's scary quiet. I got my extra mags for it from joebob's (actually my first of many JB purchases) and as mentioned- if you put more than 10-11rds you can get a FTL on the first Rd.

Overall- I'd highly recommend it!

Edit: When shooting suppressed- utilizing Remington subsonic, or Gentech(sp?) I've had the best success. CCI gave me some trouble, but it was... +4 degrees F when shooting outdoors that day.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Yes I've got one, and yes, I've got it suppressed. View attachment 83531

I've got 1500-2k rds through it- about 400 suppressed. I love shooting it. It's fun as hell, pretty accurate, and with the sparrow 22 can on it it's scary quiet. I got my extra mags for it from joebob's (actually my first of many JB purchases) and as mentioned- if you put more than 10-11rds you can get a FTL on the first Rd.

Overall- I'd highly recommend it!

Edit: When shooting suppressed- utilizing Remington subsonic, or Gentech(sp?) I've had the best success. CCI gave me some trouble, but it was... +4 degrees F when shooting outdoors that day.

Cool thanks. I have a Spectre II. A LGS has one I got my eye on. I may take my can up there for a test fit.....

Nate-X

Jul 20, 2010
    Hollywood, Maryland
    Picking mine up tonight!! Can't wait! :) on another note I think I read about folks taking a spacer from the 10 round mags to make them into 12. Just keep the spacers in case you have to put them back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    I have one and love it! I've put about 1000 rounds through mine with not one fte, ftf. I agree that the mags are expensive right now, but I bought mine before it got crazy, and paid 26.00 a piece for them. right now they are 60-70.00. I took the safety off of mine. Its accurate and a blast to shoot. I highly reccomend it!

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Anyone else who owns one have a tip for how to remove the take down lever? I've been able to turn it, but it does not really budge when I try to pull it out the 1/2 inch or so.

Nate-X

Jul 20, 2010
    Hollywood, Maryland
    Anyone else who owns one have a tip for how to remove the take down lever? I've been able to turn it, but it does not really budge when I try to pull it out the 1/2 inch or so.

I had to work it back and forth a little before i could get it completely pulled out to frog lube the bad boy.. just waiting for it to 'season' so i can wipe it down hehe.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    if i could find one nearby i think i would buy one.. but i couldn't so i ended up with a SigSauer 1911-22lr. felt like a real 1911. now i have to wait 10 weeks to bring it home.. thanks Maryland State Police!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom