• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonb219

Oct 17, 2013
    Falling Waters, WV
    Anyone know what this small pin is? I had the gun at the range today, then noticed this small pin on my shooting table. I'm not sure it even came from my gun, but the cylinder started to stick on (only) one chamber, so I put the pin and gun away...now that I have it home I can't replicate the sticking problem. :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_0024 2.jpg
      IMG_0024 2.jpg
      35.9 KB · Views: 332
    • IMG_0025 2.jpg
      IMG_0025 2.jpg
      18.8 KB · Views: 332

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Doesn't look to be yours, only solid pin about that size I can think of is the firing pin retainer(internal and firing pin wouldn't be there if it was missing), or the locking bolt pin(yours is intact, as seen in the photos) most anything close would be painfully apparent, and under the sideplate. As far as sticking, if your extractor isn't loose, bullets weren't pulling or loaded too long, and it isn't brand new or really dirty, might have something in the yoke/crane just barely bent or possibly out of spec.

jonb219

Oct 17, 2013
    Falling Waters, WV
    Doesn't look to be yours, only solid pin about that size I can think of is the firing pin retainer(internal and firing pin wouldn't be there if it was missing), or the locking bolt pin(yours is intact, as seen in the photos) most anything close would be painfully apparent, and under the sideplate. As far as sticking, if your extractor isn't loose, bullets weren't pulling or loaded too long, and it isn't brand new or really dirty, might have something in the yoke/crane just barely bent or possibly out of spec.

Thank you! I'll get it back to the range soon and see how it performs. :thumbsup:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Does your gun have an adjustable rear sight leaf?

The retaining pin on my Blackhawk refused to stay put.

Finally bent the sucker and drove it back in.

Stays put now.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have a Ruger GP141 and I have a pin for it like that one that is kept in the inside of the grip. It is used to lock the spring back when the hammer is cocked to hold it so it can be taken apart.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom