• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Hey All,

Anyone here know of a good place to get prescription shooting glasses? Primary use would be for clays. I was looking for Randolph Rangers, but dealers are few and far between. Contacted one and never got a response. I would like to try them on for size before making the $400 plunge.

I'm tired of blury targets! :D

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    There have been several other threads with this question and someone will eventually come along and mention Eyeballs in Damascus.

Late last year I ended up going there to get some prescription shooting glasses. It also helped that she is about a mile away from my house.

Lyn did a great job with helping me to find frames and tweaking the prescription to match my needs for style of shooting (mostly rifle and High Power matches.) They were not cheap, but they have worked out great for the past 4-5 months. I highly recommend her! :party29:

http://www.eyeballsusa.com/

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    There have been several other threads with this question and someone will eventually come along and mention Eyeballs in Damascus.

Late last year I ended up going there to get some prescription shooting glasses. It also helped that she is about a mile away from my house.

Lyn did a great job with helping me to find frames and tweaking the prescription to match my needs for style of shooting (mostly rifle and High Power matches.) They were not cheap, but they have worked out great for the past 4-5 months. I highly recommend her! :party29:

http://www.eyeballsusa.com/

Thanks for the reccomendation!

I've been mobile today, so didn't use the search feature. I will have to check out the other threads when I get back home.

bmorewineguy

Sep 29, 2013
    Edgewater
    A couple of years ago I got prescription sunglasses from Simplyeyeglasses.com and they have been pretty good. They are wrap around Ray Bans.

I think they have protective glasses as well and can choose the tint if needed.

They ended up being about $200 all said and done with prescription lenses. I'm sure you could get a better pair from an eye doctor but mine have worked pretty well for everything from driving to shooting. It's an easy process just measure your current frames for size and type in your prescription once you pick your glasses out.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    If you happen to have LEO/mil or related type of occupation, Oakley Standard Issue provides heavily discounted rX optics. Best part is you'll have plenty of frames and type of lens and colors to choose from.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Oh also, Chevellnut and I each have a pair coming for us to use, but better yet we have pair being sent for testing

We'll see how many shots they can endure :party29:

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Take a look at adlens focuss.

They are variable focus lenses you can adjust for close range vision up to infinity. They can completely replace bifocals for everyday wear.

Best of all, you can adjust them so your dominant eye is sharply focused on the front sight while your other eye is set to focus on the target. Your brain will quickly get used to the dual focus and you *can* see both with equal clarity, something a shooter with normal vision cannot do.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    http://post4sportglasses.com/

Mike Renard was a pleasure to work with and he walked me thru the whole process. I got measured up at my local eye place, then sent my prescription and measurements to him. Great products and service and I couldn't be happier. He's worth a phone call for sure.

Ryan

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Check out Liquid Eyewear. I have the Player glasses with the Hellfire lenses that go from almost clear to fairly dark. I like them because they work in all lighting conditions. They can do prescription glasses with anything they sell.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If you happen to have LEO/mil or related type of occupation, Oakley Standard Issue provides heavily discounted rX optics. Best part is you'll have plenty of frames and type of lens and colors to choose from.

Actually I think it includes any government employee, not just LEO/mil. Or at least their non-RX stuff was like that up to a few years ago when I last checked.

They list mil, LEO and first responder, but AFAIK all they require is a .gov or .mil email address and you can register. For local/state you have to have an ID

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    check out decot.com. they're big on safety glasses for shooting and do prescriptions. upon recommendations, i just got a pair of their glasses (no prescription as i wear contacts) but haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom