• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    How hard is it to change a barrel on a 10/22 if I decide to customize it later on?
    If you are talking about upgrading a factory barrel then its not too hard. Most of the aftermarket barrels have oversized shanks so they fit tighter and are harder to replace (you generally need heat and cooling to make them separate or slip together). Its done to improve accuracy. This is what I did on my 2nd build. Did not have to take it to my GM to finish anything.
    I recently built my first 2 10/22s from scratch. The second only took about 15-30 minutes to build once I had the parts lined up. In the first I replaced all the major receiver parts with aftermarket competition parts. In the second I took the stock parts I removed from the first receiver and installed upgraded parts in all the assemblies and built it into a stripped receiver with another aftermarket barrel and stock..

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Well, I bit and ordered one. Figured if they don't like it, I can just sell the stock and install one of my liking.

Attachments

• ruger.jpg
      ruger.jpg
      7.6 KB · Views: 71

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    After reading this thread, I can only dream of a government run like Ruger ....

LOL, yeah, me too. Hey Post Office, our community mailbox fell over. Can we get it fixed? .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................One month later, "We're waiting on parts"........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Another month later, "We're waiting on a contractor to come out and install."

If only Ruger or even HiPoint. :cool:

Sirex