MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Not that I am anyone of any great importance, but I really like

<<<<<these... you will too.:thumbsup:

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    My father lost the grip screw and grips hunting in the woods. Called ruger to order a replacement and they would not charge him, not even for the shipping. The recall on my LCP was handled quickly and they sent an extra mag for the inconvenience. Other than that I've had 5 10/22's, and have 3 Vaqueros, 2 single six's, a blackhawk, a redhawk, mini 14, m77, 2 mark 3's, and an LCR. Haven't had a problem with any of them.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I recently purchased a SP101 .22 revolver and couldn't adjust the rear sight. I emailed Ruger customer service and they sent me an entire new sight with extra pin free, no questions asked.
    My other experience was similar to one above, I disassembled m 22/45 and locked it up re assembling it and they fixed that also, no charge.
    I would be very confident in dealing with Ruger, they back their stuff.
    DocAitch

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Sounds like you're already convinced, but I'll add another to to the I've had great service from them crew.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Yep. Had an issue with my first P-89. I sent it in, just to find out it was the cheap ammo I was using. They replaced a well worn extractor while they had it and shipped it back lickety-split, gratis. I now own 2.

The 10/22 is a tough little SOB as well. :thumbsup:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    How hard is it to change a barrel on a 10/22 if I decide to customize it later on?
    Depends on whether it has an OEM Ruger barrel in it. In that case it is just a matter of unscrewing the 2 screws in the V-Block and pulling the barrel out. For accuracy reasons many of the aftermarket barrels have slightly (.002") oversize shanks to remove any possible slop between the barrel shank and the receiver tube. Sometimes you have to use a vise to install a 3rd party barrel. I did when I installed a VQ Ultralite barrel into a receiver I bought. Ended up taking it to my personal gunsmith to get the last 2-3 millimeters of the barrel seated in. I know Tac Solutions barrels are also slightly oversize. Not sure about some of the other makers but if this is an issue likely all of them are bigger by a little.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Good news #1 - You will rarely require warrenty service.

Good news #2 - It is defacto unlimited lifetime service.

Bad news #1 - Any aftermarket parts , or custom tuning/ gunsmithing will be removed/ replaced/ undone. Ie remove any grips/ sights/ stocks / aftermarket triggers / etc before returning.

Bad news #2 - They no longer have all parts for all guns. In particular nothing for Security/Service/Speed Sixes , and limited for (hree screw Blackhawks. If you send somthing back , and THEY don't have the parts , they will NOT return it back to you ( yes most parts are available elsewhere). Instead you will either get a replacement current production gun , or a steeply discounted current production similar gun.

Check the ".com" or ".net " Ruger forums for latest details.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Why is anyone questioning a warranty on a Ruger 10/22? First, its a Ruger. Second, its a 10/22! That's all the warranty you need. One thing about Ruger warranty that you will need to know is, Keep the stock parts if you plan to modify it in any way. They will replace any aftermarket parts with stock parts and keep your nice parts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom