• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Ok, I finally got to On Target today and my son and I put 50 rounds through her without any problems whatsoever. We used Federal champion 230 grain bullets. I am by no means an expert marksman but I did pretty good considering I need glasses, (have a prescription - just haven't gotten them yet). Anyhow it shoots great with very manageable recoil and the trigger seems fine to me but again, I am no expert. We also took along my .40 Sigma since it hasn't been fired in a good while. Yes, the one with the 50 pound trigger pull lol. When I first got that gun I think I hit the big paper target maybe 5 or 6 times out of about 30 shots. Today with some extra concentration I was doing pretty good with it. I think I will check into one of the trigger fixes for it to make it a little better. The SR has less recoil than the Sigma and it is alot easier to stay on target with the SR.

Well, somebody's in luck today. A couple of weeks after I spent all my gun money on the S&W 19-4 at the Gun Bunker and the SW1911 E-Series at Gun Connection, I get a call this afternoon from Kittery Trading Post that my SR1911's in. I had to tell them I'd pass. I've already decided my next 1911 will be a Range Officer.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    They called me today and left a message that mine is in also - only problem is they already sent me one - I guess I am on their list however I don't need two of them. I wish there was a way to turn it over to someone on here but I have no idea how. They said they will hold it until 4/12.

Last edited:
    They called me today and left a message that mine is in also - only problem is they already sent me one - I guess I am on their list however I don't need two of them. I wish therer was a way to tirn it over to someone on here but I have no idea how. They said they will hold it until 4/12.

You might as well give it a try - what does it matter to Kittery whether they sell the gun to you or someone else from here?

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Well, somebody's in luck today. A couple of weeks after I spent all my gun money on the S&W 19-4 at the Gun Bunker and the SW1911 E-Series at Gun Connection, I get a call this afternoon from Kittery Trading Post that my SR1911's in. I had to tell them I'd pass. I've already decided my next 1911 will be a Range Officer.

Recieved a Email today to let me know my ruger SR1911 is in and ready for shipment. It has been almost one year:D Of course the email come after I purchased my SW1911ta :mad54:

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Chad has mine right now. I'll come out and play when it's finished.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

I will get my Ruger to him once his schedule lightens up (does it ever?) and after I have had a chance to get a few hundred rounds thru her.

What are you having done? I want to make sure the trigger faces are square and the rest....well, let's see what he suggests vs what I can afford.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    There is one of these sitting in a local gun shop and I am trying very very hard to resist it. I don't own any 1911s but I feel like as a gun guy I should have at least one.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    There is one of these sitting in a local gun shop and I am trying very very hard to resist it. I don't own any 1911s but I feel like as a gun guy I should have at least one.

That was the conundrum I was going thru when I got my SIG 1911. Someone posted " Every man should have at least 1 1911" and I have to say, just something industrially virile about it. You won't be sorry. Get it.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

I just did jump in the 1911 bandwagon. Cant wait. :)

Last edited:

JOESTEELER

Jul 23, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Damn thats nice. I just picked up mine yesterday. I ordered it at Jims Gun in Fayetteville NC.They had a price of $699.00 but the guy cut me a little slack because it was my third purchase this year.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    What are you having done? I want to make sure the trigger faces are square and the rest....well, let's see what he suggests vs what I can afford.

I don't know. Just asked him to do whatever to it.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

prmorin

Mar 14, 2010
    Are any local Industry partners starting to get these in with any regularity? Anyone have a general price range of what they are going for around here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom