• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We have one inbound. It will be here middle of this coming week.

Price = $Sold (Another on the way. Reserve it if you want it)

This is the new improved model #18004

StockFolding, Adjustable Length of Pull and Comb Height
    Barrel Length20"
    BarrelCold Hammer-Forged, 5R Rifling
    HandguardRuger Precision Rifle™ Short-Action

Twist1:10" RH
    Grooves5
    Weight9.8 lb.
    Capacity10
    Height7.30"

Overall Length39.25"-42.75"
    Length of Pull12" - 15.50"
    Folded Length31.60"
    Width3.30"
    Suggested Retail$1599.00

Medium-contour (.75" at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle™ Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter (thread protector included).
    Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
    20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four, #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
    "Upper" receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
    Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body.
    In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
    Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock.
    Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
    Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports.
    Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with 5/16"-24 thread for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the bolt shroud for easy striker channel cleaning. Also features a Ruger Precision Rifle™ Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud.
    "Lower" magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
    Patent-pending multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines).
    Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
    Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° reversible safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
    Also includes: two, 10-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines.
    Equipped with a Ruger Precision Rifle™ Short-Action Handguard for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes.

Attachments

• 18004 Ruger.jpg
      18004 Ruger.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 1,165
    • Precision rifle.jpg
      Precision rifle.jpg
      87.3 KB · Views: 808
    Last edited:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It's in the shop if you want to check it out. I'll try and post up pics tomorrow.

:lol: Not any more. It's about to occupy a place of honor, as King of the Safe Queens... until I can afford an appropriate optic. Thanks for the terrific service, great conversation, and the usual helpful attitude. It's always a pleasure to stop in. And it's always hard on my credit card. :innocent0

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    :lol: Not any more. It's about to occupy a place of honor, as King of the Safe Queens... until I can afford an appropriate optic. Thanks for the terrific service, great conversation, and the usual helpful attitude. It's always a pleasure to stop in. And it's always hard on my credit card. :innocent0

Thanks we appreciate the purchase and the kind words.

And on another happy note. One of our distributors offered me another if we ordered a bunch of 10-22 rifles. I hate the way that works, but we have some 10-22 on the way and one more Precision rifle.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    New improved model #18004 Precision Rifle is in stock.

Attachments

• Precision rifle.jpg
      Precision rifle.jpg
      87.3 KB · Views: 863

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Thanks we appreciate the purchase and the kind words.

And on another happy note. One of our distributors offered me another if we ordered a bunch of 10-22 rifles. I hate the way that works, but we have some 10-22 on the way and one more Precision rifle.

So, does that mean you'll throw in a 10-22 with the purchase of the RPR? :lol2:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I took it out to AGC yesterday for some fun in the sun. I'm using a Vortex scope until I can afford a Nightforce. Anyway, after some tinkering with the stock, cheek piece, scope mount, etc. I was getting pretty nice groups at 100 yards. Still have a long way to go to get it dialed in and for me to improve my skillset. I'm pretty happy for a first range trip.

Here's my last shot of the day at 100 yards with cheap ammo (PMC Bronze):

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
      IMG_0234.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 601

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    They have a .308 version in stock. I checked it out this morning. The price was decent. I was sorely tempted but it was still there when I left. If you are looking for one, I wouldn't wait! They were really nice to talk with and I plan to do some business with them on another item real soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom